Bedbugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals. They are often found in poorly sanitized areas or in crowded living quarters. Read more: Bedbugs Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
When it comes to summer, there plenty of hazards under the sun! Take the Summer Skin Hazards Quiz and clue in on the dangers to...
Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
What's that all over you? Skin, of course! Test your knowledge of your most amazing organ with the Skin Quiz!...
Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
That unexplained itching could be caused by bedbugs. Take the Bedbugs Quiz to learn the causes and symptoms of a bedbug...
Picture of Bedbugs
Adult bed bugs are wingless insects about one-quarter of an inch long and oval in shape. See a picture of Bedbug and learn more...
Picture of Bedbug Bites
The first sign of bedbugs may be red, itchy bites on the skin, usually on the arms or shoulders. See a picture of Bedbug Bites...
Bad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
What do bed bug bites look like? See spider bite pictures and learn how to identify bug bites from mosquitos, bees, bed bugs,...
Bed Bug Bites: Fighting Back Against Bedbugs
What does a bedbug look like? Learn to ID bedbugs and bedbug bites. Get tips on how to prevent, treat, and get rid of bedbugs....
25 Ways to Stay Well Abroad in Pictures
Explore travel health tips and vaccines to prevent disease while abroad. Learn to protect yourself against malaria, hepatitis,...
Related Disease Conditions
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Foreign Objects or Insects In the Ear
Objects or insects in the ear can be placed in the ear by patients themselves, or an insect crawling in the ear. Ear wax can also...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Spider Bites (Common, Black Widow, and Brown Recluse)
Most spiders in the United States are harmless; however, black widow and brown recluse spider bites may need medical treatment....
Ticks are known transmitters of disease to humans and animals. Tick-borne diseases include Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted...
Chagas Disease (American Trypanosomiasis or Kissing Bug Disease)
Chagas disease is an infection caused by the T. cruzi parasite. Symptoms of Chagas disease include rash, swollen lymph nodes,...
Are Bedbugs Contagious?
Bedbugs are brown wingless insects that feed on human blood. The are typically found around a person's sleeping area. Bedbugs...
Flea Bites (In Humans)
Flea bites are caused by the parasitic insect, the flea. The most common species of flea in the US is the cat flea,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Dermatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Prevent Bed Bugs at Home
- Think Extermination Ends Your Bedbug Woes? Think Again
- Could You Spot Bed Bugs in a Hotel Room?
- Getting Bedbugs Out of Nursing Homes, Apartment Buildings - for Good
- Bedbugs Building Resistance to More Insecticides
- Bed Bugs' Ancestors Were Creeping Near People 11,000 Years Ago
- Researchers Take Aim at Insecticide-Resistant Bedbugs
- Some Bed Bugs Can Traipse Out of Traps
- Health Tip: Leave Bed Bugs Behind
- Tropical Bedbugs Creeping Back to Florida
- Heating Luggage Sends Bedbugs Packing
- Bed Bugs Drawn to Red and Black Colors
- Fighting Back, Bedbugs Grow a Thicker Skin
- Bedbugs Widespread in Low-Income Housing, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Did the Bedbugs Bite?
- Bedbug Gene Mapping May Yield Critter's Secrets
- Bedbug Gene Mapping May Yield Critter's Secrets
- Bedbugs Biting Back Against Insecticide
- Don't Let Bedbugs Ruin Your Vacation
- Health Tip: Care for Your Mattress
- Health Tip: Keep Bedbugs Out of Your Bags
- Bedbugs Could Be Potential New Source of Tropical Disease in U.S.
- Health Tip: Infested With Bedbugs?
- Bedbugs Love a Crowd, Study Finds
- Bedbugs Can Withstand Bitter Cold: Study
- Bedbugs' Genes May Protect Them From Insecticides
- Health Tip: Keep Bed Bugs at Bay
- Bedbug Remedy Based on Kidney Bean Leaves?
- Bedbugs: Easy to Attract, Hard to Eliminate
- Ultrasonic Bedbug Devices 'Debunked' as Useless
- Health Tip: Help Keep Bed Bugs at Bay
- Foggers No Match for Bedbugs
- Health Highlights: April 30, 2012
- Bedbugs Can Infest Your Office, Too
- Bedbugs: Why They're Back
- Bed Bug Insecticides Causing Sickness, Officials Warn
- Pets in Bed: More Dangerous Than Bedbugs?
- Bedbugs Biting All Over U.S.
- Bed Bugs, Nearly Eradicated, Make a Comeback