Unlike most men, experts say, women are rarely satisfied with their appearance - and are always seeking a better body image. Here are ways you can boost your body image and feel better about all of you. Read more: Beauty & Body Image Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Could you identify a scabies infestation? Take the Skin Diseases Pictures Quiz and learn to identify common conditions that...
Puberty In Girls Quiz: Stages of Puberty
Take the Puberty In Girls Quiz to learn the myths and facts about normal adolescent growth and development for teens and tweens.
Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
Dry, itching, flaky skin? Take the Dry Skin Quiz to learn what's causing your dry skin and what you can do about it beyond...
How to Reduce Wrinkles With Lifestyle Changes
Learn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments....
Cosmetic Surgery: Before and After Photos of Cosmetic Surgeries
Thinking about getting plastic surgery? Check out before and after pictures of popular cosmetic surgery procedures, including:...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Beauty Problems Pictures: Cellulite, Stretch Marks, and More in Pictures
Learn the connection between your appearance and health. Discover what you can do about embarrassing beauty problems from facial...
Hair Loss: Causes, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about hair loss in women and men. Discover hair loss causes and treatments as well as how to prevent hair loss.
Hair Pictures: 19 Hair Styling and Care Tips
Looking for the best kept hair secrets? See this hair care guide and get tips about hair that is thin, gray, curly, colored,...
Men's Health: Dealing With Body Odor, Sweating, Back Hair, & More
Most men struggle with belly fat, back hair, sweating, erectile dysfunction, gas, body odor, or bad breath at some point. Get...
Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
Watch this slideshow to learn the Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair. See which foods will provide essential nutrients, vitamins and...
Skin & Beauty: Anti-Aging Tips & Secrets to Look Younger
Look younger, fight aging, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and skin aging by practicing good skin care. Use of moisturizing...
How to Get Rid of Acne: Skin Care Tips
Want to know how to get rid of blackheads? Discover tips on clogged pores, sunscreen SPF and how to remove makeup for different...
Slideshow: 25 Ways to Get Ready for Swimsuit Season
Discover 25 ways to get ready for swimsuit season. See exercises, diet tips, and other healthy beauty fixes that will motivate...
Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
Learn sex tips for men that lead to more sexual pleasure such as better communication, focusing on pleasurable sensations,...
Dieting Tips to Care for Your Skin
Your diet can affect your skin in many ways. Certain foods that contain Vitamin A, antioxidants, and other nutrients could...
Adult Acne (Pimples) Causes and Treatments
Acne (pimples) is a skin condition that blocks pores. Get answers on causes, solutions and treatments for this skin condition...
Beauty Dangers: Straighteners, Dyes, Lasers, and More in Pictures
Learn the truth about beauty product dangers. Hair straighteners, dyes, shampoos, creams, and cosmetics are bad for your health....
Eating Disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
Learn about different types of eating disorders. Discover the warning signs of binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia. Read...
DIY Beauty Fixes for Teen Girls' Hair and Skin in Pictures
Learn about DIY skin and hair care for teen girls. Don't let a pimple, bad hair day, or cold sore get in the way of your good...
Skin Care to Prevent Wrinkles, Aging Skin, and Dry Skin With Pictures
See how your life affects your skin. The choices you make every day affect the appearance of your skin. Learn how to avoid dry...
Acne Care Pictures: Skin Care Dos and Don'ts
Explore quick acne cover-ups, dos and don'ts. See solutions on how to best handle pesky pimples and remedies to avoid.
Pedicure Pictures: Safety, Toenail Polish Colors, Calluses, Cuticles, and More
Explore tips for a perfect pedicure. From cuticles and calluses to nail polish and tools, strive for perfect toes and feet with...
Pictures of Age Defying Hairstyles: How to Look Younger
Discover how to look younger with celebrity hairstyles. See the best cuts and styles on stars such as Jennifer Anniston, Halle...
Hair Color Pictures: Best Hair Dyes for a Gorgeous You
Learn about hair and beauty tips for gorgeous hair color. Explore hair dye options for tips and gorgeous colors.
Related Disease Conditions
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are more than 20% over their ideal weight. That ideal weight must take into account the person's height, age, sex, and build.
Sunscreens are crucial for sun protection. Sun damage to the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays is a risk factor for skin cancer and melanoma. To avoid sunburn, people should limit sun exposure during the peak hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., wear protective clothing, and use a sunscreen. People with sensitive skin should use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more.
Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure to the sun. Smoking, light skin type, hairstyle, the way you dress, your occupational and recreational habits, and heredity are all factors that promote wrinkling. Medical treatments for wrinkles include antioxidants, moisturizers, alpha-hydroxy acids, and vitamin A acid. Cosmetic procedures that treat wrinkles include dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, laser resurfacing, Botox, and fillers.
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of food despite not being hungry, eating alone due to embarrassment, and feeling disgusted by overeating.
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that trigger overeating can help to break the habit and prevent future instances of compulsive eating.
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is constantly stretched, the dermis can break down, leaving behind stretch marks.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an illness where a person is overly preoccupied with some minor or imaginary flaw. People with BDD tend to have cosmetic surgery. BDD can be treated with SSRIs and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says Steinberg, a distinguished professor of psychology at Temple University in Philadelphia. It also promotes intellectual curiosity, motivation, and desire to achieve. It helps protect children from developing anxiety, depression, eating disorders, antisocial behavior, and alcohol and drug abuse.
Amenorrhea (including hypothalmic amenorrhea) is a condition in which there is an absence of menstrual periods in a woman. There are two types of amenorrhea: primary and secondary. Treatment of amenorrhea depends on the type. In primary, surgery may be an option and in secondary amenorrhea medication or lifestyle changes may be treatment options. We go over the definition of amenorrhea, causes, and treatment options for amenorrhea.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Skin Conditions Picture FAQs
- Puberty In Girls FAQs
- Dry Skin FAQs
- Diabulimia - Eating Disorder
- Finding Jeans That Fit and Flatter
- Anti-Aging Diet: Eating to Age Gracefully
- Dieter Makeovers: Look Great During Weight Loss
- Spring Fashions That Flatter
- Teens: Body Image and Weight Problems
- Makeup Tips for Facing the Holidays
- Body Image: Self-Acceptance
- Skin and Hair Care for Women of Color
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Getting a Clean Shave
- Health Tip: Advice for Better Looking Hair
- Mercury in Creams, Feces in Cosmetics: Beware Bargain Beauty Products
- What Foods Are Most Likely to Cause Acne Breakouts?
- Many Young Men Putting Health at Risk to Bulk Up
- TV Watching May Be Most Unhealthy Type of Sitting: Study
- What Price Beauty for Women? Far More Than for Men
- Is Beauty In Your DNA?
- FDA Issues Asbestos Warning About Some Claire's Cosmetic Products
- Health Tip: Exfoliate at Home
- Keep Your Skin Glowing With Good Health in 2019
- Unlocking the Mysteries of Hair Growth
- Aging Face, Uneven Features?
- Lead in Hair Dyes Must Go: FDA
- New Mexico Patrons of 'Vampire Facial' Spa May Have Been Exposed to HIV
- Health Tip: Achieve Healthier Hair
- Snap, Polish, Post: Why Selfies May Be Bad for Your Health
- Health Tip: Say Goodbye to Split Nails
- Hair Care Products for Black Women May Disrupt Hormones
- Love Your Hair Color? You Have Over 100 Genes to Thank.
- Health Tip: Care for Pierced Ears
- How to Get That Perfect Shave
- Health Tip: Deciphering Cosmetic Labels
- Health Tip: Help Your Child with Body Image
- Health Tip: Artificial Nails Can Damage Real Ones
- Health Tip: Ward Off Infection From Ear Piercing
- Should FDA Have Power to Recall Beauty Products?
- Scents May Sway Your Sense of Beauty
- Just 12 Percent of Women Over 50 Are 'Satisfied' With Their Bodies
- Lipsticks, Glosses Contain Toxic Metals: Report
- Without Laws, Many Tanning Salons Would Allow Kids: Study
- Anorexics Can't Judge Own Body Size: Study
- Studies Question Safety of Tattoo Ink
- J&&J First to Promise Toxin-Free Products
- 1 in 20 Cases of Melanoma Linked to Tanning Beds: Study
- Happy Feet: Plastic Surgery for Best Foot Forward
- 11 Countries Now Restrict Indoor Tanning Before Age 18
- Study Ties Chemicals in Beauty Products to Women's Diabetes Risk
- Health Tip: Be Safe During a Pedicure
- Indoor Tanners Rationalize Risky Behavior, Study Finds
- Enter the 'Brotox' Era
- Many Still Tanning, Despite Dangers, Survey Finds
- Sunburns, Tanning Beds: Young Adults at Risk
- 'Blond Genes' May Vary Around the World
- Health Tip: Caring for a Sunburn
- Botox Only Modestly Effective for Migraines
- 'Chinplants' Fastest Growing Plastic Surgery Trend
- Talking About Weight Tied to Poor Self-Image, Depression: Study
- Fashionable Fingertips
- Expert FAQ: Dealing With Excess Body Hair
- African-American Women Have Specific Hair Issues
- Male Pattern Baldness: New Root Cause Found?
- Radiofrequency for Younger-Looking Hands?
- Genes May Hold the Key to Aging Skin
- Tooting Your Horn Can Raise Risk for Skin Condition
- Do Fruits and Veggies Make You More Attractive?
- Misperception of Body Weight Poses Health Risks
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Skimpy Skin Care Tips
- Look Thinner Instantly
- Body Image: Bigger Can Be Beautiful
- Workouts: Mind-Body Exercises Boost Body Image
- Body Image: Romance Can't Wait for Ideal Weight
- What to Wear While You Lose Weight
- Mother-Daughter Weight Connection
- Body Image: Skinny or Not, Look Hot at the Beach
- Beauty for a Lifetime
- Weight Loss Success: Now What Do I Wear?
- Look and Feel Great at Any Weight
- Body Image: Deflect Criticism & Accept Compliments
- Beauty: Better Body in an Instant with Shapewear
- Exercise Clothes: Look Good, Feel Good, Get Fit
- Cellulite: Can You Beat Cellulite?
- Skin Care: Summer Skin Makeover
- Body Image: Surfside Summer Makeovers
- Skin: Loving the New Skin You're In
- Skin Care: Nutrients for Healthy Skin
- Bridal Beauty Plus
- Skin & Beauty: Exercise Your Body -- and Your Skin
- Plus-Size Panache
- Swimsuits: How to Pick the Right Bathing Suit
- Holidays: 12 Ways to Holiday Glamour Quick
- Acupuncture: The New Facelift?
- Cellulite: Fighting it, 'Jean' Therapy to Creams
- Beauty Tricks That Really Work, Secrets Revealed
- Skin Care: Make Skin Shine Before the Big Party
- Aging Gracefully and Naturally
- Face Lift? 10 Tips For Facial Plastic Surgery
- Beauty: Nutraceuticals for the Skin
- Body Image: Your Body: Love It or Loathe It?
- Parenting: Raising Strong, Confident Girls
- Summer Hair Repair: ABCs of Sun, Water Damage
- Skin Care: A Primer on Summer Skin Repair