Patient Comments: Bad Breath - Remedies

What home or OTC remedies have you found effective in treating bad breath? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: vampy, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 13

I have found that brushing my teeth and the very back of my tongue, right before the gag reflex works. I use baking soda mixed with peroxide – about a teaspoon of baking soda to ½ cap of peroxide, mixing it until it's a thin, paste-like consistency. It's very important to brush the roof of your mouth along with the gums and inside the cheeks. Follow with your choice of toothpaste and an alcohol-free mouthwash. To keep your mouth fresh all day, mix a small amount of mouthwash and peroxide and put it in an old pill bottle with a travel toothbrush. Do not swallow! You will be whistling Dixie. I hope this helps.

Comment from: shlomo, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

Even though I brush my teeth after every meal, I still have bad breath. I try to keep my mouth healthy, but still smell bad to others. I've gone to the doctor several times to have my mouth, earths, throat and lungs checked. I'm told that I am healthy. I don't know what to do about my breath.

Shocking Diseases of the Mouth