Patient Comments: Bad Breath - Causes

Did you learn the reason for your bad breath? If so, what was it? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sony, 25-34 (Caregiver) Published: April 26

Dehydration is the leading cause of bad breath other than poor dental hygiene. Not drinking enough water means food (and the bacteria that feed on it) hangs out in your mouth longer, breeding and heightening the stench. Fortunately the fix is as simple as the problem: Drink up! Plain H2O is best, but doctors add that sugar-free gum or candies can also help stimulate saliva flow.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

My breath has smelled real bad for the past 2 years. Even if I don't talk I still hear people saying that the room smells bad or something like that. People can smell it from maybe 3 to 4 m away and it I worse if I start talking. I always brush and I don't think I'm sick.

Comment from: murphy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 03

I take two inhalers for COPD but my breath is really bad and friends are telling me about how bad it is.

Comment from: grace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

Yes, I have sinus and my throat, nose and ears itch. I feel like food sticks in my throat, no matter how much I brush, the smells stays. I floss all the time, but the odor is bad and I have acid reflux.

Comment from: Mike, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: August 23

I think that the weak saliva is the cause.

Shocking Diseases of the Mouth