Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the heart. Symptoms may include heart palpitations, dizziness, fainting, fatigue, shortness of breath, and chest pain.
Atrial fibrillation treatment may include medication or procedures like cardioversion or ablation to normalize the heart rate.Read more: Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Hyperthyroidism Symptoms and Treatment
What is hyperthyroidism? Hyperthyroidism occurs when an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
What causes high blood pressure (hypertension)? Know the warning signs and symptoms of high blood pressure. Read about high blood...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Atrial Fibrillation: Heart Symptoms, Diagnosis, & Afib Treatment
Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm. Atrial fibrillation or AF can lead to serious heart...
COPD Lung Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
COPD is a pulmonary disorder caused by obstructions in the airways of the lungs leading to breathing problems. Learn about COPD...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Quiz
COPD is a combination of three conditions? Take this quiz to learn the three conditions that make up the pulmonary disease called...
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Causes
Take this quiz and test your IQ of high blood pressure (hypertension), the cardiovascular disease that causes most strokes and...
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments of the common heart abnormality known as atrial fibrillation (A-fib)....
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
Picture of Heart Detail
The heart is composed of specialized cardiac muscle, and it is four-chambered, with a right atrium and ventricle, and an...
Picture of Heart
The muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body. See a picture of the Heart and learn more...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Addicted to Pills: The Health Risks of Drug Abuse
What is drug abuse? Learn about prescription drug abuse and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, including depressants, pain relievers,...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Prescription Drug Abuse: Know The Warning Signs
Learn about prescription drug abuse facts and statistics about the dangers and misconceptions of abusing common prescription...
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib): Tips for Living with Atrial Fibrillation
What is atrial fibrillation? Learn how to making living with atrial fibrillation (AFib) easier. Explore tips that can help you...
Food Swaps for Meals and Snacks for Heart Health in Pictures
Explore 10 food swaps for heart-wise dining. Learn what food to buy and how to cook in order to make a big difference for your...
Related Disease Conditions
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Pulmonary edema (swelling or fluid in the lungs) can either be caused by cardiogenic causes (congestive heart failure, heart...
14 Signs and Symptoms of Stroke (FAST)
Stroke is a serious medical condition. If you think you or someone you know is having a stroke call 911 immediately. There...
Stroke vs. Mini-Stroke (TIA)
A stroke or "brain attack" occurs when a blood clot or artery ruptures within the brain. The rupture or clot causes...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs in Women and Men
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Life Expectancy
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung condition caused by smoking tobacco, exposure to secondhand smoke, and/or...
An arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. With an arrhythmia, the heartbeats may be irregular or too slow (bradycardia), to...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Pericarditis (Symptoms, ECG, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Pericarditis is the inflammation of the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart. The causes of pericarditis include injury from...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Emphysema is a COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that often occurs with other obstructive pulmonary problems and...
Causes of Chest Pain: Signs and Symptoms
Chest pain may be caused by many conditions. Learn when chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness is a medical emergency. Find...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Stress and Heart Disease
The connection between stress and heart disease is not clear. Stress itself may be a risk factor, or high levels of stress may...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Rheumatic fever is a disease that sometimes occurs after a group A streptococcal infection of the throat. Symptoms and signs...
Heart Attack vs. Heartburn (Differences between Symptoms and Signs)
Heartburn is a symptom of another disease or medical problem and can be described as a feeling of burning in the chest...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Atrial Fibrillation Symptoms (AFib Warning Signs)
Atrial fibrillation or AFib is a type of hear rhythm abnormality. Early warning signs and symptoms of atrial fibrillation...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Migraine and Stroke (Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Migraine headache is a type of headache in which the exact cause is not known; however, they may be inherited, and certain...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Local ResourcesFind a local Cardiologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- High Blood Pressure FAQs
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Stroke FAQs
- Salt FAQs
- Atrial Fibrillation A-Fib FAQs
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) FAQs
- Heart Atrial Fibrillation - Bill Bradley
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - General
- What Are The Side Effects Of Quinine For Leg Cramps?
- Grapefruit Juice and Drug Interactions
Medications & Supplements
- Beta Blockers (Drug Class, List of Brand and Generic Names)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxin Pediatric)
- Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Drug Interactions
- atenolol, Tenormin
- amiodarone, Cordarone, Nextrone, Pacerone
- vitamin K-1, phytonadione (Mephyton)
- apixaban (Eliquis)
- diltiazem (Cardizem, Cardizem CD, Cardizem LA, Tiazac, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Dilt-CD, and several oth)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- propafenone (Rythmol)
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Verelan PM [Discontinued: Isoptin, Isoptin SR, Covera-HS])
- quinidine (Discontinued Brands: Cardioquine, Cin-Quin, Duraquin, Quinidex, Quinora, Quinact)
- procainamide, Pronestyl; Procan-SR; Procanbid (These brands no longer are available in the U.S.)
- dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- idarucizumab (Praxbind)
- Toprol XL
- Cordarone IV
- Lanoxin Tablets
- Tenormin IV Injection
- Verelan PM
- Rythmol SR
- Quinidine Gluconate
- Quinidine Injection
- Amiodarone HCl Injection
- Inderal LA
- Procan Sr
Prevention & Wellness
- Your Apple Watch Might Help Spot a Dangerous Irregular Heartbeat
- Should You Get Pills or Surgery for A-Fib?
- AHA News: Opioid Crisis Brings Concerns About Heart Dangers
- Low-Carb Diets Linked to Higher Odds for A-Fib
- AHA News: Even 'Mild' Congenital Heart Disease Poses Risk Later in Life
- Everyday 'Triggers' May Bring on A-Fib Episodes, Study Finds
- Cardiologist Groups Say Newer Blood Thinners Best Against A-Fib
- Breast Cancer May Bring Higher Odds for A-fib, Too
- Could Your Apple Watch Spot Dangerous A-Fib?
- Too Much Salt Might Help Spur A-Fib
- Botox May Help Prevent Post-Op A-Fib
- Health Tip: Risk Factors For AFib
- E-Alerts Dramatically Cut Heart Attack Rate for People Hospitalized With A-Fib
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Rise in A-Fib Hospitalizations
- Opioid Use May Sometimes Trigger A-Fib
- A-Fib Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Don't Overlook Heart Care After Cancer Diagnosis
- Study Finds Some Patients With A-Fib Have Hidden Brain Damage
- Smoking May Boost Irregular Heart Beat Risk
- Wearable, At-Home Patch Could Spot Your A-Fib Early
- Weight Loss May Reverse Course of Atrial Fibrillation
- Stressed Out at Work? Your A-Fib Risk May Rise
- Obesity Might Raise Your Risk for A-fib
- PTSD May Raise Odds for Irregular Heartbeat
- Eating Nuts Linked to Lower Odds of Having AFib
- Electric Cars Don't Jolt Implanted Heart Devices: Study
- Coffee Safe for Many With Abnormal Heart Rhythms: Review
- Smartwatch App Might Help Detect A-Fib
- Blacks May Face Higher Stroke Risk From AFib
- Could Hackers Target Heart Devices?
- Procedure Beats Drugs for A-Fib With Heart Failure
- With A-Fib, Urban Hospitals May Be a Better Bet
- Blood Thinners May Also Protect Brains of A-Fib Patients
- Avoiding Alcohol Helps the Heart Beat Better
- Newer Blood Thinners May Not Bring Higher Bleeding Risk
- A-Fib Hits Men Earlier Than Women
- Undiagnosed Heart Condition 'AFib' May Be Common, Study Suggests
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Working Too Much Might Tip Heart Into Irregular Rhythm
- Early Care by Cardiologist May Lower Stroke Risk for A-Fib Patients
- Are Many A-Fib Patients Getting the Wrong Dose?
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Odds of Irregular Heartbeat
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Heart Disease the No. 1 Killer Worldwide
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Better Treatment Might Prevent Hundreds of Thousands of Strokes
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia in Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- Taller, Bigger Women May Face Irregular Heartbeat Risk
- Heart Drug Digoxin May Raise Death Risk for Some Patients: Study
- Are Blood Thinners Overused in Patients With Irregular Heartbeat?
- Pradaxa Beats Warfarin After Heart Rhythm Procedure: Study
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Not on Meds They Need: Study
- Zika Virus May Also Harm the Heart
- MRIs Can Be Safe for People With Heart Devices …
- Heart Disease Could Cost U.S. $1 Trillion Per Year By 2035: Report
- Hospitalizations for Common Heart Rhythm Problem on the Rise
- Can Pregnancy Harm Your Heart?
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- 'Ablation' Procedure Helps 3 out of 4 Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- One-Third With Common Irregular Heartbeat Don't Take Blood Thinners
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Regular Drinkers, Irregular Heartbeat?
- Drug Combo for Irregular Heartbeat Might Raise Bleeding Risk
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Many Atrial Fibrillation Patients Missing Out on Blood Thinners
- Many With Common Irregular Heartbeat Unaware of Stroke Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery Tied to Lower Heart Risks
- Trouble Sleeping Tied to Higher Risk for Irregular Heartbeat
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Patients May Not Always Need Blood Thinners: Study
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Smartphone Device Detects Undiagnosed Irregular Heartbeat
- Some Increased Bleeding Risk Seen With Blood Thinner Xarelto Vs. Pradaxa
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Be Tied to Wider Range of Ills
- Irregular Heartbeat More Deadly in Blacks: Study
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Mixed News on Drinking and Heart Health
- Less Heart Care, More Strokes for Women?
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Irregular Heartbeat May Be Deadly in Car Crash
- Women Less Likely to Get Blood Thinner for Irregular Heartbeat
- Common Abnormal Heart Rhythm Linked to Cancer Risk
- After Heart Attack, New Threat: Heart Failure
- Heart Failure Risk Seems to Rise in Winter
- Is Daily Blood Thinner Needed for Irregular Heartbeat?
- Widely Used Heart Drug Tied to Dementia Risk
- CPR Help as Near as Your Phone
- No Statins Before Heart Surgery, Study Suggests
- Race May Influence Risk for Irregular Heart Beat
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Heart Risks in People With Pacemakers
- Warfarin Can Be Safe, Effective for People With Irregular Heartbeat
- FDA Approves First Wire-Free Pacemaker
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Hamper Seniors' Walking Ability
- Death of Loved One May Trigger Heart Rhythm Trouble
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Missing Out on Stroke-Preventing Treatments
- Flu Shot May Guard Against Irregular Heart Rate: Study
- Irregular Heart Beat May Pose Bigger Threat to Women
- Statins Aid Bypass Surgery Recovery, Research Shows
- Weight Loss May Help Control Common Irregular Heartbeat
- Botox Might Prevent Irregular Heartbeat After Bypass Surgery
- FDA Approves Drug to Reverse Blood Thinner's Effect
- Coffee May Not Risk Irregular Heartbeat, Study Claims
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy, Youth Tied to Irregular Heartbeat Years Later
- Cold Weather May Up Risk of Stroke, Severe Heart Attack for Some
- Most Don't Need 'Bridging' When They Stop Warfarin Temporarily
- Exercise May Be Good Medicine for Irregular Heartbeat
- Implanted Defibrillators Restore Healthy Heart Function to Many: Study
- Antibiotic May Lower Effect of Some Blood Thinners
- White Men May Get Better Treatment for Abnormal Heartbeat
- Statins Might Reduce Complications After Major Lung Surgery
- COPD Raises Cardiac Death Risk for Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- How Safe Is Exercise for Those With Common Irregular Heartbeat?
- Early Menopause Tied to Lower Risk of Irregular Heartbeat
- Using 'Heartphone' to Detect Cardiac Irregularity
- Botox: An Rx for Irregular Heartbeat After Cardiac Surgery?
- Blood Thinner Warfarin May Pose Greater Bleeding Risk for Obese: Study
- Heart Drug Digoxin May Not Be Best for Some Heart Patients
- Device May Pose Dangers for Patients With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- MRI May Help Gauge Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- Treating Sleep Apnea May Help Those With Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Pharmacists Key to Whether Patients Take Blood Thinners
- Blood Thinners Overprescribed for Low-Risk Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Tackling Obesity May Ease a Dangerous Irregular Heartbeat
- Procedure May Beat Drug in Patients With Heart Failure, Irregular Heartbeat
- Common Drug for Irregular Heartbeat Tied to Worse Outcomes
- FDA OKs New Anti-Clotting Drug for Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Blood-Thinning Drug Savaysa Approved
- Was Beethoven Composing From His Heart?
- Doctors Aren't Discussing Sex With Heart Attack Survivors
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
- Hard Hit to Chest Triggered Irregular Heartbeat in Teen Football Player
- Treating Irregular Heartbeat With Digoxin May Come With Risks
- Some Painkillers Tied to Bleeding Risk in Those With Abnormal Heartbeat
- Deaths From Heart Disease Down, Up for Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat
- Heart Device May Cut Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- ER Visits for Common Irregular Heartbeat Are Rising, Study Finds
- Could Too Much Medication for Irregular Heartbeat Raise Dementia Risk?
- U.S. Prices Soaring for Some Generic Drugs, Experts Say
- Prescribe Blood Thinner Pradaxa With Caution, Study Warns
- Irregular Heartbeat Doubles Risk for 'Silent Strokes,' Review Suggests
- Fish Oil Supplements Have Little Effect on Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- FDA Approves New DVT Blood Clot Treatment
- Exercise May Guard Against Irregular Heartbeat in Older Women
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Pose Risks for Surgery Patients
- Heart Medication Digoxin Linked to Higher Risk of Death for Some
- Blood-Thinner Pradaxa: What You Should Know
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Ups Stroke Risk Soon After Heart Surgery
- Even Moderate Drinking Might Raise Odds for Irregular Heartbeat
- Heart Monitoring May Prevent Some Strokes, Study Suggests
- Study Questions Use of Beta Blockers Before Heart Bypass Surgery
- More Americans Hospitalized for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- There May Be Such a Thing as 'Too Much Exercise'
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Prevent Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Taking Blood Thinners With Certain Painkillers May Raise Bleeding Risk
- Certain Prescription Painkillers Tied to Higher Risk of Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Doctors' Groups Issue New Guidelines on Treating Common Irregular Heartbeat
- Tiny Wireless Pacemaker Shows Early Promise
- Pfizer Recalls Effexor Antidepressant
- Warfarin Safe for Kidney Patients With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Blood Thinners Now Recommended for People With Irregular Heartbeat
- New Guidelines Aim to Lower Stroke Risk in Women
- Early Promise for a Blood Thinner Without the Bleeding Risk
- A-Fib Doesn't Mean You're Banished to the Sidelines
- Living a Full Life, Irregular Heartbeat and All
- Dementia Risk Might Rise for Older Women With Heart Disease
- Warfarin May Up Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Simple Technique Eyed for Diagnosing Irregular Heart Beat
- 'Smart' Pacemakers May Protect Heart From Further Damage
- Studies Suggest Better Approaches to Staying Clot-Free
- Eyes Might Be Window Into Common Heart Disorder
- Antidote Might Reverse Complication From Blood Thinner Pradaxa
- Hospitalization Rates Soar for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- Weight Loss Can Combat Irregular Heart Beat, Study Says
- Heart-Rhythm Disorder Tied to Higher Risk of Heart Attack: Study
- Whites at Highest Risk for Irregular Heart Rhythm, Study Finds
- Blood Thinner Dangerous for Patients With Artificial Heart Valves, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Will a Pacemaker Help Me?
- New Defibrillator Works Without Wires Touching Heart
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2013
- Did Extreme Cola Habit Cause Woman's Irregular Heartbeat?
- Grueling X-Country Ski Race May Affect Heart Rhythm
- Irregular Heartbeat May Speed Memory Loss in Seniors
- Blacks With Certain Gene Need Lower Doses of Warfarin: Study
- Comparing the New Blood Thinners to Warfarin
- Kcentra Approved to Stop Severe Bleeding in Heart Patients
- Heart Scarring May Be More Dangerous Than Thought, Study Suggests
- Yoga May Help With Common Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Heart Problems Tied to Early Signs of Dementia
- FDA Approves New Blood Thinner Eliquis
- FDA: Don't Use Pradaxa Blood Thinner in Patients With Artificial Heart Valves
- Fish Oil Supplements Won't Prevent Irregular Heart Beat: Study
- Heart Drug Digoxin Tied to Higher Death Risk for Some Patients
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Risk for Common Irregular Heartbeat
- Common Antidepressants Tied to Higher Bleeding Risk in Warfarin Users: Study
- Xarelto's Approval Expanded
- Device Offers Hope for Battery-Free Pacemakers
- Moderate Drinking May Increase Risk of Heart Rhythm Disorder: Study
- New Anti-Clotting Drug Beats Warfarin, Study Says
- More Patients With Irregular Heartbeat Recognize Stroke Risk: Survey
- Health Tip: Have Heart Palpitations?
- Clot-Busting Stroke Drug Safe for Many Who Take Warfarin
- Health Tip: Living With a Pacemaker
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- FDA Rejects New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Quick-Reversal Method May Be at Hand for New Blood Thinner
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Raise Older Women's Stroke Risk
- FDA Panel Votes Against New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Asthma Meds May Be Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- New Blood Thinner May Lower Chances of Clots in High-Risk Heart Patients: FDA
- FDA Approves Generic Versions of Plavix
- Plavix's New Generic Status Could Be Boon for Patients
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Black Africans Less Apt to Develop Heart Rhythm Disorder Than Whites
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Irregular Heartbeat Poses Greater Stroke Risk for Women Than Men
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- Stopping Blood Thinners Raises Stroke Risk for Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- Thyroid Condition Linked to Heart Problems: Study
- Warfarin Helps Cut Stroke Risk, Researchers Report
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- New Anti-Clotting Drug May Cut Brain Bleeding Risk: Study
- Experimental Drug Might Beat Aspirin in Preventing Repeat Strokes: Study
- Sex OK for Many Heart Patients, Docs Say
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Even When Silent, Irregular Heartbeat Linked to Stroke Risk
- New Blood Thinner Linked To Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Health Highlights: Dec. 20, 2011
- Obese Patients May Benefit the Most From Surgery for Irregular Heartbeat
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky
- FDA Advisory Panel Backs Xarelto to Prevent Strokes
- Anti-clotting Drug Warfarin May Be Safe for Elderly
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- FDA Warning on Atrial Fibrillation Drug Multaq
- Painkillers Linked to Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Atrial Fibrillation Raises Death Risk for Middle-Aged Women
- New Drug Helps Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Alcohol May Raise Risk of Irregular Heart Rhythm
- Healthy Lifestyle May Help Prevent Stroke
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Early Stroke Risk
- Coffee May Cut Risk of Heart Rhythm Problems