Signs and symptoms of athlete's foot include
- itchy blisters on the feet,
- dry skin on the soles or sides of the feet,
- stinging or burning of the webs between the toes,
- cracking or peeling skin between the toes, and
Fungal athlete's foot is contagious and can be spread to other people or to other parts of the body.
Cause of athlete's foot
Other athlete's foot symptoms and signs
- Cracking or Peeling Skin Between the Toes
- Dry Skin on the Soles or Sides of the Feet
- Itchy Blisters on the Feet
- Stinging or Burning of the Webs Between the Toes
Main Article on Athlete's Foot Symptoms and Signs
Pictures, Images, Illustrations & Quizzes
Fungus Among Us: What to Know About Fungal Infections in Pictures
Protect yourself from different fungal infections like ringworm, athlete's foot, and jock itch. Discover how to treat fungal...
Picture of Athlete's Foot 1
Athlete's foot is caused by a fungus that grows on or in the top layer of skin. See a picture of Athlete's Foot and learn more...
Picture of Athlete's Foot 2
Athlete's foot is a fungus that causes itching, redness, and cracking. See a picture of Athlete's Foot and learn more about the...
Examples of Medications for Athlete's Foot Symptoms and Signs
- aluminum chloride solution - topical, Drysol, Xerac AC
- butenafine cream - topical, Mentax
- ciclopirox, Penlac, Loprox
- clotrimazole, Lotrimin AF, Gyne-Lotrimin, Alevazol, Desenex, Pro-Ex Antifungal
- Diflucan (fluconazole)
- efinaconazole (Jublia)
- itraconazole, Sporanox
- ketoconazole, Nizoral, Extina, Xolegel, Kuric
- miconazole, Monistat, M-Zole, Micatin
- naftifine - topical, Naftin
- terbinafine (Lamisil)
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter