Patient Comments: Athlete's Foot - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your athlete's foot last? Was there anything that helped with symptom relief?

Comment from: ginger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

Try changing the pH of your body. Eating/drinking acidic foods (lemon juice in water or cider vinegar) and cucumber will stop the fungus growing. It works a treat and is a healthy way to treat the athlete's foot infection.

Comment from: My footy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had athlete's foot from my boyfriend's father's shower, yuck! He also had it before I met him. So I had it for about 10 years. Finally one time when I was on a cruise to Mexico I bought the 'oh-so-dangerous' pill for athlete's foot the doctor would never give me. I took it for about a week. We are all now athlete's foot free and my skin is so soft.

Comment from: olivia, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I think I have athlete's foot, but the only symptoms I show are blistering and that is rare for having athlete's foot so I need some more diagnosis for having blisters on both feet in the same area (inside part of the foot).

Comment from: Smokey_Joe, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I cured my athlete's foot, which bothered me for decades and finally was causing toenail separation, by using Vicks VapoRub applied over the entire surface of the foot and pushed under the toenail with a plastic iodine applicator. I was told by a podiatrist that the ingredients in Vicks VapoRub penetrate through the skin, and kill the fungus. I am an electrical engineer in the defense industry.

Comment from: Craig, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

White vinegar worked for me. I put my foot in a plastic bag with the vinegar for about an hour and I have seen a great reduction in my athlete's foot and nail bed fungus. I keep baby powder or corn starch in my socks when I put them on in the morning to keep the moisture under control. Good luck!

Comment from: 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

I had athlete's foot, and I was unable to get rid of it. I used Vicks Vapo Rub, and I just applied it to my feet every night before bed for about two weeks and it was gone. It was cheap and easy.

Comment from: Andrew, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

I have suffered from athlete's foot since age 13. I am not 53 years. Only 2 years back I was able to completely eliminate this problem by taking oral tablet GRISOVIN (griseofulvin 125mg). I used to have watery blisters on the soles of both feet, in between the toes and near the nails and sometimes on my fingers and palms of my hands. I have tried topical creams etc to no avail until a dentist told me about GRISOVIN. I also realized I probably have a contact allergy especially when wearing rubber tongs. All of that is over. What a relief. I only have to take the tablet once a day until all the symptoms have disappeared and continued for 2 weeks before stopping. Hope this info helps. I noticed this particular drug was not listed.

Comment from: Angietigerfan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

My son was in a serious car accident and was in the hospital for 30 days while there I would rub his feet with lotion, he had very mild athletes foot, although I was very careful to wash my hands I got a fungus on the pinkie on my left hand, it then spread to my right hand and now my feet, I have been to several doctors tried all the creams and Lamisil by mouth and antibiotic. I read where tea tree oil was supposed to help, so I went to the healthfood store and they introduced me to "Thursday Plantation anti-fungal treatment for nails." It is a very small bottle, but it does work, I also got tea tree oil and peppermint oil and mixed them together, I use this as lotion for my feet and it is slowly getting better, so only the natural stuff worked for me after many doctors' visits and dollars spent on medication.

Athlete's Foot - Causes Question: What caused your athlete's foot?
Athlete's Foot - Treatment Question: What was the cure for your athlete's foot?