Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath. Causes of asthma include genetics, environmental factors, personal history of allergies, and other factors. Asthma is diagnosed by a physician based on a patient's family history and results from lung function tests and other exams. Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) and long-acting bronchodilators (LABAs) are used in the treatment of asthma. Generally, the prognosis for a patient with asthma is good. Exposure to allergens found on farms may protect against asthma symptoms. Read more: Asthma Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Asthma Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways of the lungs, which can be managed with proper treatment. Triggered by two main...
Picture of Bronchioles
A tiny tube in the air conduit system within the lungs that is a continuation of the bronchi and connects to the alveoli (the air...
What is Asthma? Asthma Myths Debunked
There is currently no cure for asthma, and no specific, single cause for asthma has been identified. Take this quiz on asthma...
Asthma Symptoms, Causes, and Medications
What is asthma? Learn about asthma, a chronic inflammation disorder of the bronchiole tubes (airways). Discover information about...
Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D...
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips
Boost your energy and combat COPD with these diet tips. Which foods can help patients with COPD? Which foods to avoid for COPD?...
Tips for a Healthy and Safe Home
A safe and healthy home should support our health. Learn how to keep each room in your house (kitchen, bathroom, attic, garage,...
Worst Smog Cities in Pictures: Air Pollution, Ozone, and Asthma
Learn the worst smog cities in America. See the 10 cities with the most polluted, unclean and smoggy air....
Asthma Attack Signs, Treatments, and Prevention
Look at the anatomy of an asthma attack. See these warning signs and symptoms to avoid an asthma emergency such as a persistent...
What’s Causing Your Indoor Air Pollution?
Do you know what pollutants are threatening your indoor air quality? Learn about exposure to carbon monoxide, radon, pesticides,...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting Medications
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug...
IMAGESSee a medical illustration of the bronchioles plus our entire medical gallery of human anatomy and physiology See Images
Related Disease Conditions
GERD (Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a condition in which the acidified liquid contents of the stomach backs up into the...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
Neutropenia (Causes, Symptoms, Ranges, Treatment)
Neutropenia is a marked decrease in the number of neutrophils, neutrophils being a type of white blood cell (specifically a form...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Reflux Laryngitis (Diet, Home Remedies, Medicine)
Reflux laryngitis is caused by acid refluxing back up through the esophagus and voice box. Reflux laryngitis causes irritation...
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Life Expectancy
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung condition caused by smoking tobacco, exposure to secondhand smoke, and/or...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Whooping cough (pertussis) is highly contagious respiratory infection that is caused by the bacteria Bordetella pertussis. There...
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a highly contagious viral infection. Symptoms include fever and nasal congestion and...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Lung Anatomy (Structure and Function)
The lungs are primarily responsible for the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide between the air we breathe and the blood....
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Asthma: Over the Counter Treatment
Patients who have infrequent, mild bouts of asthma attacks may use over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat their asthma...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
About 1% to 2% of people in the U.S. have a peanut allergy. Symptoms and signs of a peanut allergy include rash, hives, redness,...
There are many unusual symptoms of asthma, including sighing, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, chronic cough, recurrent walking...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Asthma in Children
Asthma in children manifests with symptoms such as coughing and wheezing. Rates of asthma in children are increasing. Asthma in...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Bronchitis (Acute) Contagoius Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Recovery Time
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Adult-onset asthma is asthma that is diagnosed in people over 20 years of age. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of...
Exercise-induced asthma is asthma triggered by vigorous exercise. Symptoms include coughing, shortness of breath, chest...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose,...
Chronic Bronchitis (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Remedies)
Chronic bronchitis is a cough that occurs daily with production of sputum that lasts for at least three months, two years in a...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Occupational asthma is a type of asthma caused by exposure to a substance in the workplace. Symptoms and signs include wheezing,...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Children's Cough Causes and Treatments
Children's cough causes include infection, acid reflux, asthma, allergies or sinus infection, whooping cough, and exposure to...
Treating the Flu in People with Health Risks
Certain portions of the population are at an increased risk of suffering serious complications from the flu. Some of these...
Enterovirus (Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection)
Non-polio enteroviruses cause a variety of infections, including aseptic meningitis, hand, foot, and mouth disease, herpangina,...
Hypoxia is a condition in which the normal concentration of oxygen in the blood is not enough for normal life functions. Symptoms...
Is Eczema Contagious?
Eczema is a skin condition characterized by inflamed, rough skin patches that occasionally produce fluid-filled bumps that may...
Ichythyosis vulgaris is an uncommon inherited condition marked by xerosis. Symptoms and signs include very dry, scaly skin over...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
19 Tips on How to Stop a Cough
Coughing is a reflex that helps a person clear their airways of irritants. There are many causes of an excessive or severe...
COPD vs. Asthma (Differences and Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and asthma both have common symptoms like coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath,...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Lung Disease (NTM, Symptoms, Treatment, Side Effects)
Nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM), most commonly, M. avium complex or MAC, is a mycobacteria that causes lung infections and...
Local ResourcesFind a local Asthma & Allergy Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Self Care: How Can I Help My Doctor?
- Chronic Cough
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Asthma: Managing Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Asthma Control: Know Your Score
- Asthma, Controlling Your
- Asthma Update -- Paul Enright, MD. -- 11/25/02
- Asthma and Allergies and Your Child
- Cyanosis (Turning Blue)
- Asthma FAQs
- H1N1 Swine Flu Can Infect Some Pets
- Mold Hazards, A Story From New Orleans
- Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthier Home
- Home and Family
- Deaths Rise with Ground-Level Ozone Warning
- Food Allergies vs. Food Intolerance
- Asthma Rates Increasing
- Chronotherapy - Tunes In to Body's Rhythms
- Methotrexate Spares Steroids in Asthmatics
- Corticosteroid Side Effects
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - General
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - Allergy
- Exercise Preventing Asthma?
- Asthma in Women, Asthma in Pregnancy
- Air Pollution and Allergies: A Connection?
- Coping with a Bad Disease - Community Counts
- The Hygiene Hypothesis
- Doctors Answer Lung Condition Questions
- Can Asthma Medication Hide Churg-Strauss Syndrome?
- Can Asthma Go Away and Come Back?
- What Are the Side Effects of Asthma Inhalers?
- Does Altitude Affect Asthma?
- What Does It Mean When Children Cough up Sulfur Granules?
- Can Inhaled Steroids Cause Thrush?
- What Are Strategies to Deal With Mite Allergies ?
- Do Anti-Mite Carpet Cleaners Help Mite Allergies?
- What Is Exercise-Induced Asthma?
- Best Exercises for Asthma: Yoga, Swimming, Biking, and Walking
- What Causes Asthma?
- Causes of Palpitations
- Emphysema Causes and Risk Factors
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Symptoms?
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
Medications & Supplements
- montelukast - oral, Singulair
- methylprednisolone sodium succinate - injection, Solu-Medrol
- budesonide breath-activated inhaler - oral, Pulmicort
- cromolyn nebulizer solution - inhalation, Intal
- budesonide suspension for nebulizer - inhalation
- montelukast granules - oral, Singulair
- fluticasone/salmeterol disk inhaler - oral, Advair Diskus
- zafirlukast - oral, Accolate
- omalizumab - injection, Xolair
- albuterol (salbutamol) pre-mixed solution - inhalation, Proventil, Ventolin
- prednisolone liquid - oral, Orapred, Pediapred, Prelone
- albuterol (salbutamol) solution - inhalation, Proventil, Ventolin
- theophylline sustained-release - oral, Uniphyl
- salmeterol inhalation - oral, Serevent
- albuterol (salbutamol) inhaler - oral, Proventil, Ventolin
- montelukast chew tablet - oral, Singulair
- cromolyn aerosol - inhalation, Intal
- SALBUTAMOL (ALBUTEROL)-ORAL DISK INHALER
- FLUTICASONE-ORAL AEROSOL INHALER, Flovent
- dexamethasone (Decadron, DexPak)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- bitolterol mesylate, Tornalate
- salmeterol (Serevent)
- terbutaline (Brethine)
- theophylline, Elixophyllin, Theo-24, (Theolair, Uniphyl Theo-Dur, and Slo-Phyllin-discontinued)
- beclomethasone dipropionate nasal inhaler-spray, Vancenase, Beconase
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler (Qvar)
- albuterol (Ventolin, Proventil)
- ipratropium bromide inhaler (Atrovent)
- triamcinolone acetonide inhaler, Azmacort
- fluticasone propionate oral inhaler (Flovent)
- cromolyn, Nasalcrom, Gastrocrom (Intal, Opticrom are discontinued)
- flunisolide nasal spray, Aerospan (Nasalide, Aerobid, Aerobid HFA are discontinued)
- zafirlukast (Accolate)
- mometasone furoate (Nasonex)
- montelukast, Singulair
- budesonide (oral inhalation, Pulmicort, Pulmicort Flexhaler)
- Advair Diskus, Advair HFA (fluticasone and salmeterol oral inhaler)
- budesonide (Entocort EC, Uceris)
- Drug Interactions
- omalizumab, Xolair
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- metaproterenol inhaler - oral, Alupent
- epinephrine solution-inhalation, Adrenalin, Isuprel
- budesonide/formoterol hfa inhaler (Symbicort)
- beclomethasone hfa inhaler - oral, Qvar
- aminophylline (Norphyl, Phyllocontin, Truphylline) injection
- formoterol powder in capsule - oral inhalation, Foradil
- beclomethasone - nasal, Beconase Aq, Vancenase Aq
- flunisolide - oral inhalation, Aerobid
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler/spray; Beconase AQ, QNASL
- Anticholinergic and Antispasmodic Drugs
- levalbuterol pre-mixed solution - inhalation, Xopenex
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- Dulera (mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate)
- ciclesonide (Alvesco)
- Bronchodilators (Drug Class)
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- Terbutaline Sulfate
- Ventolin Solution
- Ventolin Syrup
- Arnuity Ellipta
- Xopenex HFA
- Serevent Diskus
- Pulmicort Turbuhaler
- Pulmicort Flexhaler
- Pulmicort Respules
- Atrovent HFA
- Zyflo CR
- Advair Diskus
- ArmonAir RespiClick
- Advair HFA
- Foradil Certihaler
- Flovent Diskus
- Flovent HFA
Prevention & Wellness
- Your Guide to a Healthier Home for Better Asthma Control
- Sheep Study Shows a Stuffy Side Effect of Vaping
- Breathe Easier, New York City: Clean-Air Taxi Rules Are Working
- Cleaner Air Linked to Lower Asthma Rates in Kids
- For Many With Mild Asthma, Popular Rx May Not Work: Study
- Stay Safe While Spring Cleaning
- Summer Is Tough for Asthma Sufferers
- Asthma Inhalers Incorrectly Used by Most Kids in Study
- Asthma Myths That Can Hurt You
- Many E-Cigs Loaded With Germs, Study Finds
- Almost Half of Young Asthma Patients Misuse Inhalers
- Vehicle Exhaust Drives Millions of New Asthma Cases Annually
- Many Parents Think Vaping Around Kids Is Fine
- Poor Asthma Control Tied to Worse School Performance
- Health Tip: Reducing Asthma Attacks in Cold Weather
- Are Forests Now Playing a Role in Pollution?
- First Generic Version of Advair Diskus Approved for Asthma, COPD
- Does Fish Oil Help Control Asthma? Not So Much, Study Finds
- As Air Pollution Increases, so Do ER Visits
- Health Tip: Getting Rid of a Mold Problem
- Friends' Vaping Could Pose Danger to Kids With Asthma
- Asthma Often Goes Undetected in Urban Teens, Study Finds
- Don't Let Holiday Season Stress Worsen Your Allergies, Asthma
- Millions of Americans Still Breathing Secondhand Smoke: Report
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Can Harm an Asthmatic Child
- A 'Hypoallergenic' Dog? You May Be Barking Up the Wrong Tree
- Obesity Boosts Childhood Asthma Risk by 30 Percent
- Cleaning Your Baby's Pacifier By Sucking On It May Do Baby Good
- Pets Can Double as Asthma Antidote
- FDA Says Primatene Mist Inhaler is Back for Asthmatics
- Don't Blame Just Air Pollution for Asthma in Kids
- Dirty Air Tied to Millions of Asthma ER Visits Each Year
- Making Halloween Less Scary for Teens With Allergies, Asthma
- Add Asthma to List of Possible Causes of Childhood Obesity
- As Hurricane Michael Nears, Expert Warns of Gas-Powered Generator Dangers
- 5 Tips to Manage Your Child's Asthma
- Florence's Lingering Threat: Mold
- Asthma-Obesity Link May Cut Both Ways
- Singulair Asthma Tablet Bottles Recalled
- Trump Plan to Relax Coal-Fired Power Plant Rules Could Lead to 1,400 Deaths a Year
- Women With Asthma More Likely to Develop COPD
- School Prep Includes Planning Allergy, Asthma Management
- Preschoolers' Parents May Be Unprepared to Treat Asthma
- Summers Less Smoggy Now, But Winter Air Hasn't Improved
- Does Dirty Air Cancel Out the Benefits of Exercise?
- Can You Eat Your Way to Better Asthma Control?
- Vitamin D Deficiency Could Be Lung Disease Risk
- Walkable Neighborhoods Might Lower Kids' Asthma Risk
- Health Tip: Breathe Easier in a Volcano Zone
- Kids With Asthma Need a Flu Shot: Study
- Asthmatic Teens Even More Likely to Vape Than Those Without the Illness
- Be Smart When It Comes to Spring Allergies and Asthma
- Health Concerns Rise Along With Hawaii Eruptions
- Health Tip: Identifying Asthma Triggers
- 'Smoke-Free' Rooms Still Loaded With Smoke Residues, Study Finds
- Got Asthma? Avoid Allergens
- Preschool, Day Care Not Asthma Triggers: Study
- Boosting Steroid Dose May Not Reduce Kids' Asthma Flare-Ups
- Female Hormones May Play Part in Asthma
- Asthma Doesn't Have to Ruin Your Valentine's Day
- Asthma Attacks on the Decline Among U.S. Kids
- Easing Your Child's Asthma
- Asthma in America Carries $82 Billion Price Tag
- Asthma Worse for Overweight Preschoolers: Study
- Boxed Warning Removed From Certain Asthma Medications: FDA
- Keeping the Holidays Allergy and Asthma-Free
- Heavy Particles in Smog Up Kids' Asthma Risk
- Moms' Soda Habit in Pregnancy May Boost Kids' Odds for Asthma
- Can Trees Curb Asthma Flare-Ups in Polluted Cities?
- Exercising With Asthma or Allergies
- Many With Work-Related Asthma Not Getting Key Vaccine
- Could Pests, Dust Lower Kids' Odds for Asthma?
- Asthma Drug Tied to Nightmares, Depression
- Kids' Colds Linked to Asthma, Lung Problems Later
- Minorities Exposed to Dirtier Air, U.S. Study Finds
- Health Tip: Preventing Food Allergies While Dining Out
- Parents Say Schools Don't Help Kids With Mental Health, Chronic Disease
- Florida Confronts Irma's Aftermath
- Regular Use of Bleach Linked to COPD
- The Best Way to Diagnose a Food Allergy
- For City Kids With Asthma, Nearby Green Space Is Key
- New 'Biologic' Drug May Help Severe Asthma
- Evolution Not Over for Humans
- Smoking Bans Help Kids Breathe Easier
- Marching Band Members Can Use a Physical Tuneup
- New Hope From Old Drugs in Fight Against Parkinson's
- Chronic Illness Can Plunge Young Adults Into Despair
- Harvey's Health Hazards Will Continue During Cleanup
- Health Tip: Back to School for Kids with Asthma
- How to Fight Fall Allergies
- Steroid Pills Usually Ineffective Against Bronchitis, Study Finds
- Nearly 4 Million Worldwide Die Each Year From Asthma, COPD
- Asthma Drug May Help Kidney Patients Regain Sense of Smell
- The Couple That Lives Together Shares Skin Bacteria Together
- Health Tip: Learn Your Risk for Asthma
- Asthma Control Essential in Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- 9/11 Survivors More Likely to Have Heart, Lung Diseases
- Climate Change Delivers 'Double Whammy' to 4 in 10 Americans
- Too Few Children Get EpiPen When Needed: Study
- Health Tip: When Air Quality is Poor
- Shortage of Bee, Wasp Venom Stings Those With Allergies
- Arm Yourself Against Insect Sting Allergies
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- Health Tip: Recognizing Summer Allergy Symptoms
- Climate Change May Up Asthma Irritant, Study Says
- Could Cancer Drug Gleevec Help With Severe Asthma?
- Allergies Getting Worse? Blame Climate Change
- Testosterone May Protect Men From Allergic Asthma
- Vitamin D Fails the Asthma Test
- Health Tip: Applying Eye Drops
- Take Control of Your Asthma
- Thunderstorms Can Trigger Asthma Flares, Study Finds
- Summer Camp Prep for Kids With Allergies, Asthma
- Many Students Reluctant to Use Asthma Inhalers at School
- 4 in 10 Americans Still Breathe Dirty Air
- Health Tip: When Asthma Doesn't Improve
- Kids Can Pick Up Nicotine on Their Hands
- Preparing for Anesthesia: 5 Tips You Should Know
- City Snow May Be Fouled by Pollution From Cars
- How to Protect Yourself From Air Pollution
- Nearly 600,000 Asthma Inhalers Recalled
- Health Tip: Asthma and Air Pollution
- Most U.S. Kids Who Die From Flu Are Unvaccinated
- Climate Change May Cloud Americans' Mental Health: Report
- Ready for Spring Allergies?
- Welcome Spring and Still Survive Your Allergies
- U.S. Medical Groups Sound the Alarm on Climate Change
- Sinus Trouble Can Lead to Depression, Lost Work
- Mite-Proof Bedding May Help Curb Asthma Attacks: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Food Allergies in Kids
- Obesity May Raise Girls' Risk of Asthma, Allergies
- City Tax on Cars Cut Pollution, Kids' Asthma Risk
- Asthma Much More Lethal for Black Children, Study Finds
- Can Mom's Vitamin E Head Off Child's Asthma Risk?
- Many Smokers Switch to E-Cigs After Tobacco-Related Illness
- There's Fun and Fitness in the Pool for Asthmatic Kids
- Health Tip: Could Allergy Shots Help You?
- Does a Baby's Sex Affect Mom's Immunity During Pregnancy?
- Low-Income Kids More Likely to Have ADHD, Asthma
- Needed: An 'Action Plan' for Kids Prone to Severe Allergic Reactions
- Smoke-Free Public Housing Cuts Secondhand Fumes
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Asthma Later in Life
- Obamacare Boosted Coverage for the Chronically Ill, Study Finds
- Childhood Asthma May Encourage Obesity, Study Suggests
- E-Cigarettes Not a Smoking Deterrent for Kids
- 1 in 3 Adults Diagnosed With Asthma May Not Have It: Study
- U.S. Abortion Rate Drops to Lowest in Decades
- Mold Found in Baby Teething Toy
- Kids' Asthma Flareups Fall Off After No-Smoking Laws
- Are Heartburn Meds During Pregnancy Linked to Asthma in Kids?
- Many Poor Asthma Sufferers Stuck in Settings That Make Their Disease Worse
- Fish Oil During Pregnancy May Cut Kids' Asthma Risk
- Is It a Cold or the Flu? Here's How to Tell
- Health Care Spending for U.S. Kids Jumped 56 Percent in Less Than 20 Years
- U.S. Families Spend 1.5 Billion Hours Yearly on Kids With Special Health Needs
- Cured Meats Could Aggravate Asthma, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Who Needs a Flu Shot?
- Study Sees Link Between Insomnia, Asthma
- Mice May Be Key to Kids' Asthma Attacks at School
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Food Allergies Among Kids Vary by Race: Study
- CDC Reveals Top 5 Causes of Death
- Wildfire Smoke Chokes Southeast, Brings Health Threats
- More Than Half of Americans Have Chronic Health Problem: Study
- Scented Rooms, Products? Many Health-Conscious Americans Say 'No Thanks'
- Clean Home May Help Keep Kids' Asthma in Check
- Doctors Should Promote Breast-Feeding to Patients: Panel
- Health Tip: Manage Allergies
- Foster Kids Face Higher Risk of Health Problems: Study
- Scientists Launch Project to Map Every Cell in Human Body
- Parents of Kids With Food Allergies Believe They're Allergic, Too
- 6 Keys to a Safe, Allergy-Free Halloween
- Health Tip: Health Risks of Childhood Obesity
- Farm Kids Get Fewer Allergies, International Study Finds
- Food Allergies Linked to Raised Risk of Asthma, Hay Fever
- Makeup of Germs in Newborn's Gut May Triple Allergy, Asthma Risk
- As Traffic Piles Up, So Does Air Pollution
- New Biologic Drug Tackles Hard-to-Control Asthma
- Health Tip: Don't Be Surprised by Fall Allergies
- Combo Drug for Childhood Asthma Appears Safe in Study
- Early Virus Raises Asthma Risk in Certain Kids: Study
- Cheap Face Masks Little Help Against Air Pollutants
- Adult-Onset Asthma Might Raise Heart Risks
- Climate Change May Prolong Smog Season in Southeast U.S.
- Kids With Mild Asthma Can Take Acetaminophen: Study
- Tougher U.S. Air Standards Would Be Lifesavers: Study
- Heavy Drinking Might Harm the Lungs
- Amish Lifestyle Brings Unexpected Benefit: Less Asthma
- 4 Out of 5 Kids With Epilepsy Have Other Health Problems: Study
- Eczema's Effects More Than Skin Deep
- Helping a Child Manage a Chronic Illness
- Does Living Near a Fracking Site Make Asthma Worse?
- London's Great Smog of 1952 Linked to Asthma Surge
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Puerto Ricans' Health Lags Behind Other Hispanics
- Antibiotics, Formula Feeding Might Change Baby's 'Microbiome'
- Health Tip: Control Asthma
- Health Tip: Spot Signs of Summer Allergies
- Many Parents Ill-Informed About Kids' Asthma Meds
- Fewer Inhaled Steroids May Be OK for Asthmatic Children
- At Least 1 Full-Time Nurse Per School, Pediatric Group Recommends
- Many Smokers Have COPD Symptoms, Without Diagnosis
- Health Tip: Create an Asthma Action Plan
- Severe Asthma in Childhood Linked to COPD Risk Later
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Maybe Not
- Do You Know the 'Hidden' Signs of Asthma?
- Common Meds and Dementia: How Strong Is the Link?
- Managing Allergies, Asthma 101
- Smog May Boost Risk for Several Cancers
- More U.S. Kids Have Chronic Health Problems: Study
- Kids From Poorer Families May Have Worse Food Allergy Care
- Climate Change May Mean More Smoggy Days to Come: Study
- Many U.S. Adults Think Kids' Health Is Worse Today
- Doctors Issue Call to Combat Climate Change
- Spring Allergies? Don't Assume It's Only Pollen
- Cleaner Air in California May Mean Healthier Kids: Study
- Underweight or Obese Women Who Drink and Smoke May Have Higher Asthma Risk
- Cinqair Approved for Severe Asthma
- Obesity Linked to Higher Asthma Risk in Women
- Mom's Smoking May Put Kids at Higher Risk of COPD in Adulthood
- Health Tip: Warding Off the Flu When You Have Asthma
- Special Infant Formulas Don't Shield Against Asthma, Allergies: Study
- U.S. Pediatricians to Add Poverty to Well-Visit Checklist
- Poverty Linked to Asthma, Allergy Treatment Failure
- Traffic Pollution Tied to Preterm Birth Risk for Asthmatic Women
- U.S. Action on Climate Change Could Save Nearly 300,000 Lives by 2030: Study
- Health Tip: Are You Allergic to Dust Mites?
- Prenatal Diet Rich in Vitamin D May Cut Allergy Risk in Kids: Study
- Asthma May Raise Risk for Abdominal Aneurysm
- Women With Asthma May Be Prone to Fertility Problems: Study
- Prenatal Acetaminophen Use Tied to Higher Asthma Risk in Kids: Study
- Study Ties School Calendar to Asthma Flare-Ups
- Allergies, Asthma Tied to Lower Risk of Brain Cancer
- Wildfires May Boost Ozone Levels in Cities: Study
- Prenatal Vitamin D Supplements May Not Lower Baby's Asthma Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Considering a Humidifier?
- Health Tip: Air Pollution Can Harm Your Health
- Study Ties Autism Risk to Prenatal Exposure to Asthma Drugs
- Doctor-Patient Emails Can Help the Chronically Ill
- Health Tip: Are You Allergic to Your Pet?
- Child Asthma Rates Leveling Off, Except Among Poor and Older Kids: Study
- Asthma Linked to Chronic Migraines in Some People
- Vitamin D Won't Guard Against Colds in People With Asthma
- Kids With Asthma, Allergies May Face Higher Heart Risk Factors: Study
- Asthma Appears to Double Chronic Migraine Risk
- Health Tip: Who Gets Pneumonia?
- Planned Cesareans Tied to Slight Increase in Asthma Risk for Kids
- Allergy and Asthma Sufferers Beware as Holiday Season Kicks In
- Dogs in the Home May Lower Kids' Odds for Asthma
- Unexpected Severe Allergic Reactions Strike Many Schools
- Health Tip: What's Polluting the Indoor Air?
- 'Green' Public Housing May Help Families Breathe Easier
- Asthma Drug Use in Infants Linked to Stunted Growth
- Health Tip: Live Better With Asthma
- Gut Bacteria Tied to Asthma Risk in Kids
- Kids May Be More Likely to Get Asthma if Grandma Smoked While Pregnant: Study
- Secondhand Smoke May Double Risk of Hospitalization for Kids With Asthma
- Health Tip: Is Dust Causing Your Allergy?
- Health Tip: Secondhand Smoke Poses Danger
- Coping Tips for Summer Weather Hazards
- Neglecting Teen Health May Lead to Bigger Problems as Adults
- City Grime Releases Pollutant When Exposed to Sunlight: Study
- Add Asthma, Allergy Plans to Your Back-to-School List
- Smog Threatens Visitors to U.S. National Parks: Report
- How to Avoid July Fourth Allergy Flare-Ups
- Fireworks Can Spark Bump in Air Pollution, Study Finds
- Losing Weight May Ease Asthma in Obese People
- Health Tip: When Air Is Unhealthy
- Asthma Treatments Fail Older Patients More Often: Study
- Aerobic Exercise Can Help Curb Asthma, Study Shows
- Soy Supplements Won't Ease Asthma, Study Finds
- Many Kids With Asthma Also Sensitive to Peanuts: Study
- Environmental Concerns Led to Jump in Cost of Asthma Inhalers: Study
- Women Hospitalized for Asthma More Often Than Men
- Curbing School Bus Pollution Might Reduce Absences
- 4 in 10 Americans Breathe Unhealthy Air: Report
- Gene May Play Part in How Kids Respond to Asthma Meds: Study
- Antibiotics May Be Overused in Many Neonatal ICUs, Study Finds
- Spring Allergy Season Could Be a Bloomin' Nightmare
- Health Tip: When Pollen Counts are High
- Work-Related Asthma Affects Millions of U.S. Adults: CDC
- Asthma Rates Similar Among Black Children in Urban, Rural Areas: Study
- Do Harsh Winters Mean Worse Allergies?
- Childhood Trauma May Raise Odds of Asthma
- High-Tech Skin Maps Show Chemicals From Clothes, Beauty Products
- Weight-Loss Surgery Might Reduce Serious Asthma Flare-Ups
- Tips for Managing Spring Allergies
- Smog Plus Pollen May Mean Even More Sneezing
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Pneumonia in Early Childhood Tied to Higher Odds of Asthma
- Depression During Pregnancy Linked to Child's Asthma Risk
- Decrease in Air Pollution Tied to Healthier Lungs in Children
- Cat, Dust Mite Allergies Linked to Childhood Asthma
- Babies Who Eat Peanuts Early May Avoid Allergy
- Host of Factors Influence Baby's Immune System
- Troops in Middle East May Be at Risk for Lung Problems
- Could a Dishwasher Raise Your Child's Allergy, Asthma Risk?
- Moldy Homes May Mean More Asthma in Young Kids
- Preemies More Likely to Have Asthma, Study Finds
- Medication Problems May Spur Many Child ER Trips, Study Finds
- Workers May Be Afraid to Discuss Job-Related Asthma
- Researchers Rethink Inner-City Asthma Theory
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sinusitis
- Asthma Tied to Higher Risk of Sleep Apnea
- Health Tip: Exercising With a Lung Condition
- Health Tip: Triggering Asthma Attacks
- About 1 in 7 Older Adults Has Some Form of Lung Disease: CDC
- Nearly Half of Older Adults With Asthma, COPD Still Smoke: CDC
- Coordinated Care Through 'Medical Home' Best for Chronically Ill Kids: Study
- Almost All U.S. Teens Are Sleep Deprived, Study Finds
- Almost Half of U.S. Kids Suffer Traumatic Stress, Study Shows
- Raised Asthma Risk Seen for Toddlers Who Share Bed With Parents
- Urine Test for Kids With Asthma Shows Promise
- No Link Between Acetaminophen in Pregnancy, Asthma in Kids: Study
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Pollution Down, but Health Risks Persist
- Poor Quality Housing Tied to Higher Asthma Rates Among Kids
- Adult Asthma Linked to Higher Dementia Risk
- Halloween Safety Tips for Kids With Asthma
- Colleges Could Do More for Students With Chronic Ills, Study Finds
- Use Chia Seeds With Caution, Researcher Warns
- New Clues to How Colds Can Spur Asthma Attacks
- Small Heart, Stroke Risks From Asthma Drug: FDA
- Job Worries Can Raise Asthma Risk, Study Says
- Prenatal Exposure to Chemicals in Plastics Linked to Asthma Risk in Kids
- Few Students With Asthma, Allergies Have School Emergency Plan
- Smoking Before Fatherhood May Raise Asthma Risk in Kids: Study
- Putting Baby to Sleep on Animal Fur May Lower Asthma Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Things That Can Trigger Asthma
- FDA OKs New Once-Daily Asthma Treatment
- Older Women With Asthma Face Worse Health Outcomes
- Even Thinking an Odor is Harmful May Spur Asthma Symptoms
- Obesity During Pregnancy Linked to Raised Asthma Risk in Kids
- Asthma Drug May Help Those With Chronic Hives
- New Inhaled Drug Shows Promise Against Asthma, Allergies
- Health Tip: Take it Easy on Chemical Cleaners
- Yoga May Not Help Ease Asthma, Study Suggests
- Too-Clean Homes May Encourage Child Allergies, Asthma: Study
- Obama Moves to Cut Power Plant Emissions
- Costs a Barrier to Asthma Care for Some Kids
- Children's Asthma Linked to Air Pollution in 2nd Trimester: Study
- Vitamin D Supplements May Not Help Ease Asthma
- Study Probes Link Between Early Antibiotic Use, Asthma
- Climate Change Will Make Breathing in Summer Harder: Study
- Asthma Linked to Bone Loss in Study
- Got Hay Fever? New Tablets vs. Allergy Shots
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?
- Nonwhites Exposed to More Air Pollution: Study
- Smoking Bans Linked to Drop in Premature Births, Kids' Asthma Attacks
- Spring Pollen Allergies
- Traffic Smog Tied to Hospital Stays for White Kids With Asthma
- Preterm Birth May Raise Child's Asthma Risk, Study Suggests
- September Peak Month for Kids' Asthma Flares: Study
- EPA Sets Tougher Auto Fuel, Emissions Standards
- Common Asthma Meds May Raise Sleep Apnea Risk, Study Says
- Black Children, Teens More Likely to Return to Hospital for Asthma: Study
- Premature Birth Linked to Asthma, Wheezing in Childhood
- Testing for Smoke Exposure May Predict Rehospitalization for Asthma
- Less Variety in Babies' Gut Bacteria May Lead to Asthma Risk
- Dogs May Guard Babies Against Asthma, Allergies
- Probiotics Don't Prevent Childhood Asthma, Study Finds
- Nebulizers May Not Deliver Full Drug Dose to Kids With Asthma
- Too Few Americans With Asthma Are Getting Flu Shots, CDC Says
- Women With Asthma May Take Longer to Get Pregnant: Study
- Cat Allergies Double Among Asthma Sufferers, Study Reveals
- Study: Women at Higher Risk for Allergies, Asthma
- Few Parents Use Kids' Asthma Meds Correctly: Study
- Health Tip: Create an Asthma Action Plan
- Health Tip: Exercising Despite Allergies and Asthma
- Asthma Care Critical During Pregnancy, Study Finds
- Smoking Plus Asthma in Pregnancy May Make for 'Dangerous Situation'
- More Menopausal Women Hospitalized for Asthma, Study Finds
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Allergies, Asthma Show Links to ADHD: Study
- Many Kids With Asthma Live With Secondhand Smoke: CDC
- Obese Kids More Likely to Have Asthma, With Worse Symptoms
- Indoor Incense Triggers Lung Cell Inflammation, Study Shows
- Watch Out for Backyard Allergy Triggers
- Study of Genetic Condition May Yield Clues to Cause of Allergies
- Poll: U.S. Adults Support Smoking Ban in Cars With Kids
- 5 Things Kids Should Tell Their Asthma Doctor
- 7 out of 10 Americans Take a Prescription Drug: Study
- Genetic Risks for Asthma May Persist Into Adulthood
- C-Sections in U.S. Stable After 12-Year Rise: CDC
- Your Summer Cold May Actually Be an Allergic Reaction
- Health Tip: Is Your Asthma Getting Worse?
- Health Tip: Pondering Allergy Shots?
- Sleepless Nights May Hurt School Performance of Kids With Asthma
- Long-Term Use of Antibiotic May Help Those With COPD
- Materials in Some Household Products Tied to Lung Damage
- Health Tip: Exercise With Allergies and Asthma
- Allergies May Boost Severity of Lung Disease
- Reducing Respiratory Virus in Preemies Lessens Wheezing: Study
- Some Blackboard Chalks Might Spur Allergies in Kids: Study
- Want Tots Without Allergies? Try Sucking on Their Pacifiers
- Allergies: As American as Apple Pie?
- Protect Your Kids From Pollen Allergies: Expert
- Many Americans Breathing Cleaner Air: Report
- Insurance Loss Hampers Young People With Asthma
- Breathing Problem Sometimes Misdiagnosed in Athletes
- Got Asthma? Odds Are You Have an Allergy Too
- EPA Proposes Cleaner Fuel, Car Standards
- Shopping Around Brings Steep Prescription Drug Savings, Report Finds
- Genes and Early Wheezing Tied to Childhood Asthma Risk
- Springtime Allergies More Severe, Last Longer Now, Experts Say
- Oral Allergy Treatment May Ease Asthma, Hay Fever, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Stifle Allergies
- Shifting Temps May Prime You for Spring Allergies
- Combo Inhaler May Give Better Relief for Some With Asthma
- Plastics Chemical BPA Tied to Higher Asthma Risk in Kids
- Allergy 'Rescue' Shots May Work Better in Lower Thigh of Overweight Kids
- C-Section May Raise Child's Risk of Allergies, Asthma: Study
- A Few Extra Pounds May Harm Lung Function in Black, Hispanic Kids
- Certain Jobs May Still Pose Risk for Asthma
- Extreme Cold Snap Brings Unexpected Health Risks
- Health Tip: Does Asthma Affect Your Sleep?
- People With Egg Allergy Can Safely Get Flu Shot: Experts
- One in Six Cases of Adult Asthma May Be Linked to Workplace
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- Childhood Vaccine Schedule Is Safe, Report Says
- Airborne Toxins Down, But Overall Pollutant Levels Rising: EPA
- No Link Between Low Birth Weight, Asthma: Study
- Fast Food Tied to Asthma, Eczema and Hay Fever in Kids
- Mother-to-Be's Pollen Exposure May Boost Asthma Risk in Baby
- Debate Heats Up Over Screening Athletes for Sickle Cell Trait
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Treating More Complex, Expensive Conditions
- Abused Black Girls More Likely to Develop Asthma: Study
- Asthma Linked to Increased Risk of Dangerous Lung Blockage
- Health Tip: Control Allergies During the Holidays
- Kids May Be at Slightly Higher Asthma Risk If Parents Had Infertility Treatments
- Food Allergies Linked to Pesticides
- Steroid Injections for Back Pain May Lower Bone Mass
- Tap-Water Chemical May Be Linked to Food Allergy
- Hurricane Sandy's Health Woes Continue
- Aromatherapy Linked to Benefits and Harms
- Deep Belly Fat Could Weaken Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards Rise in Colder Weather
- Airport Smoking Areas Expose Travelers, Workers to Risk: CDC
- 'E-Medicine' May Not Be Cost Saver After All, Study Says
- Does Eating Fish During Infancy Cut Asthma Risk?
- Study: Allergies Need to Be Taken Seriously
- Women's Respiratory Symptoms May Vary With Menstrual Cycle
- Some Kids May Overcome or Outgrow Egg Allergy, Study Suggests
- Many Smokers Light Up With Kids in Car: Study
- Sugar 'n' Spice Not Always Nice
- Better Economic Status Tied to Peanut Allergy in Kids: Study
- Lone Star Tick Bite Might Trigger Red Meat Allergy: Study
- Global Warming May Double Pollen by 2040
- Cell Phone Shopping? You May Be Allergic to Some
- Food Allergies Can Make Kids Targets for Bullies
- Help Kids Breathe Easier on Halloween
- Health Risks Will Rise in Sandy's Wake, Experts Warn
- Act Quickly to Beat Mold After a Flood
- Smoking Bans Reduce Hospitalizations: Study
- Harmful Chemicals Found in Day Care Centers, Study Says
- A Parent's Grief Highlights Flu Shot's Importance
- Can Allergies Thwart Fatal Colon Cancer?
- House Dust Ingredient Linked to Allergic Asthma: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Ups Babies' Risk of Asthma, Study Says
- When Adults Smoke in Cars, Child Passengers Suffer: Study
- The 10 Worst Places for Fall Allergies in 2012
- Flu Season's Approaching So Roll Up Your Sleeve
- Health Tip: Treating a Chronic Cough
- Virus Patterns Where Kids Live May Affect Asthma Risk
- That May Not Be a Cold, Could Be Fall Allergies
- Scientists Focus on Factors Behind Asthma Attacks
- Health Tip: Improve Air Quality at Home
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy Critical for Brain Development, Study Says
- Mild Asthma Patients May Do OK With Less Steroids
- Many Cleaning Products Said to Contain Toxins
- Language Barrier Hurts Elderly Asthma Patients
- Fish Oil for Infants No Help for Allergies
- Asthma Drug Shown to Stunt Growth
- Hurricane Isaac Could Stir Up Allergies, Asthma
- Stopping Controversial Asthma Drugs Could Have Downside: Study
- Epilepsy Drug Gabapentin Calms Chronic Cough
- Human Airways' 'Brush' Mechanism Gives Clues to Lung Diseases
- Experimental Drug May Cut Severe Asthma Attacks: Study
- Mold Exposure in Infancy May Raise Asthma Risk
- Options Increasing for Coping With Kids' Food Allergies
- Generic Singulair Approved
- How Renting Instead of Owning Can Hurt Your Asthma
- Sleep Loss Often Disruptive for City Kids With Asthma
- Expert Tips May Help Kids Avoid Allergens at School
- Options Increasing for Coping With Kids' Food Allergies
- Asthma Common Among Olympic Athletes
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- More Drug Trials Needed for Conditions Affecting Kids: Review
- London Smog May Be Tough on Olympians
- Vitamin D May Delay Deterioration of Smokers' Lungs: Study
- Annual Report on U.S. Kids' Health a Mixed Bag
- Preterm Birth Rates and Infant Death Rates Drop
- Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Wildfire Smoke Exposure
- Health Tip: Poor Air Quality Affects Kids With Asthma
- Many Babies Healthier in Homes With Dogs
- Asthma Rates Higher Near Busy Highway
- Germ Culprits in Moldy, Water-Damaged Buildings Identified
- Colds May Be Even More 'Common' Than People Think
- Kids With Autism Face Health Care Disparities, Study Finds
- EPA Proposes New Cuts on Levels of Soot in Air
- Health Tip: Be a Dust Buster
- Health Tip: Secondhand Smoke is Dangerous
- City Kids More Prone to Food Allergies Than Rural Peers: Study
- Young Cancer Survivors Often Face Long-Term Health Problems
- Cough Medicine and Cough Syrups
- Health Tip: Don't Let Allergies or Asthma Spoil Summer Fun
- Seniors With Asthma Do Worse If Obese
- Teens Whose Moms Smoked While Pregnant May Have Worse Asthma
- Cooking on Back Burners Better for Indoor Air?
- Summer's Heat May Enflame Hives
- 'CPAP Machine Changed My Life'
- Work-Related Asthma a Significant Problem: CDC
- Asthma Meds May Be Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Breathing Smog While Pregnant May Worsen Asthma in Offspring
- Study Ties Secondhand Smoke to Bladder Irritation in Kids
- Inhaled Steroids Lead to Big Drop in Asthma Deaths at Texas Hospital: Study
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- Asthma Cases Continue to Rise in U.S., Affecting Millions
- 'Self-Managing' COPD Might Pose Risks, Study Suggests
- Acupuncture May Be Worth a Shot for COPD
- Asthma an Often Unrecognized Risk for Older People
- Seniors Undertreated for Asthma, and Many Skip Inhalers: Study
- The Worst Cities in the U.S. for Asthma
- Hot Weather's Return Brings Ozone Warnings
- Many Asthmatic Kids Harmed by Secondhand Smoke: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Permeates Many Apartment Buildings: Study
- Children Usually Excluded From Clinical Drug Trials: Study
- Some Schools Don't Let Kids Carry Asthma Inhalers
- Aromatherapy: More Than Just a Pleasant Scent?
- Nation's Air Improving, Even in L.A.
- EPA to Cut Air Pollution from Natural Gas 'Fracking'
- Health Tip: Avoid Asthma Triggers
- Alternative Therapies Aren't Used as Substitutes for Asthma Meds: Study
- Health Highlights: April 11, 2012
- Rapid Asthma Treatment in ER May Prevent Admission
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Warm Weather Triggers Early Allergy Season
- High Out-of-Pocket Costs for Kids' Asthma Drugs Could Pose Dangers
- Research Shows How Colds Lead to Coughing, Wheezing
- FDA Approves 'Dry' Nose Spray for Allergy
- FDA Mulls Expanding Patients' Access to Certain Drugs
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies in 2012
- Health Highlights: March 19, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 12, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- How to Avoid Spring Sneezing and Stuffiness
- Bullied Over Food Allergies
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Kids' Penicillin Allergy May Not Signal Other Drug Reactions
- Study Links Common Household Products to Asthma
- Late Preemie Birth May Be Linked to Higher Asthma Risk
- Children With Asthma at Higher Risk for Shingles: Study
- Hospitalizations Up for Severe Skin Swelling
- Amish Farm Kids Have Lower Asthma, Allergy Risk: Study
- Relieve Ragweed Allergies Without Shots
- Can Herbs Fight Asthma?
- Timing of Preemie Birth May Be Key to Kids' Health Later
- Smoke Exposure Late in Pregnancy Might Boost Baby's Eczema Risk
- Many Asthmatics Do Well on Food-Allergy Tests, Study Finds
- Heavy Kids May Not Respond as Well to Asthma Meds
- 'Parent Training' May Help Kids With Autism Behave Better
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Obesity Linked to Asthma in Children
- Parents Often Right to Bring Kids With Fever to the ER: Study
- Rapid Flu Tests a Good First Step: Study
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Exclusive Breast-Feeding Best for Baby: Experts
- Home-Visit Program May Improve Child's Asthma
- New Guidelines Seek to Prevent Sudden Death in Young Athletes
- Mild Winter Heralds Early Sneezin' Season
- Higher Cancer Rate Seen in Children With Juvenile Arthritis
- Soft Drinks May Raise Odds for Respiratory Ills: Study
- Breastfeeding OK for Moms With Asthma
- Fewer Teens Exposed to Tobacco Smoke in Cars: Report
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Heartburn Meds Won't Help, May Harm Kids With Asthma
- Study Shows How Stress Triggers Immune System
- Asthma Meds Likely Safe During Pregnancy: Study
- Asthma Drugs During Pregnancy Linked to Slight Risk of Rare Birth Defects
- Why Don't Some People With Asthma Respond to Medication?
- Are Vacuum Cleaners Bad for Your Health?
- Chronic Heartburn a Growing Problem in U.S.
- Health Tip: Physical Problems May Cause Insomnia
- Get First Cat as Adult, Double Allergy Risk
- As Gastric Banding Increases, So May Complications
- Tips for Avoiding Asthma, Allergy Triggers This Season
- Asthma Drugs in Pregnancy Might Pose Risk for Kids
- WTC First Responders More Likely to Have Asthma: Study
- Health Highlights: Dec. 15, 2011
- Health Officials Urge Americans: Get Your Flu Shot Now
- Pork-Cat Syndrome an Under-Recognized Allergy
- 'Food Challenges' Provide Best Allergy Diagnoses: Study
- Text Message Reminders Prompt Kids to Take Asthma Medicine
- Alcohol, Asthma and Allergies Don't Mix
- FDA: Some Asthma Drugs Riskier for Kids Than Adults
- Children's Chest Pain Rarely Cause for Alarm: Study
- Asthma Can Complicate Diabetes Care in Kids
- Asthma Inhaler Primatene Mist Going Off the Market
- FDA to Primatene Users: Get Asthma Prescription Now
- Carbon Dioxide Gas May Treat Nasal Allergies
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- Kids Need Flu Shot Even if They Had One Last Year
- Toddler's Dust Mite Sensitivity May Predict Later Asthma
- Report: Vaccines Generally Safe, Cause Few Health Problems
- Antibiotic Overuse May Be Bad for Body's Good Bacteria
- Poorly Controlled Asthma Can Boost Chances of Pregnancy Complications
- Mold Exposure in Infancy Raises Asthma Risk
- Electromagnetic Fields Linked to Asthma in Kids
- New Asthma Genes Found in Africans, Japanese
- Asthma Study Shows Placebo Can Help Symptoms
- Little Insects, Big Allergic Reactions
- Allergy Self-Diagnosis Leads to Misdiagnosis
- Antibiotic Use May Be Linked to Kids' Asthma Risk
- Study: Pills as Effective as Inhalers for Asthma
- Worst U.S. Air: Bakersfield Calif.; Best: Honolulu, Santa Fe
- The 10 Most Prescribed Drugs
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy: Link to Baby's Asthma?
- Stress May Alter Gut Bacteria to Hinder Immune System
- Xolair May Treat Milk Allergy in Kids
- EPA Proposes New Mercury Air Pollution Rules
- New Technique May Help Diagnose Asthma, COPD
- Alternative Way to Treat Childhood Asthma?
- Surgeon General Urges Support for Breastfeeding
- Flu Is Widespread in 11 States
- Risks of Thirdhand Cigarette Smoke Can Linger
- Asthma a Problem for Millions
- Recall of Albuterol Used in Nebulizers
- Low Vitamin D in Newborns Linked to Wheezing
- New Food Allergy Guidelines Out
- Obese Teens at Risk for Severe Adult Obesity
- Vitamin D May Improve Asthma Control
- Acetaminophen: Teen Asthma Trigger?
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Raises Child's Obesity Risk
- Premature Birth Rate Is Dropping
- HPV Viruses Linked to Skin Cancer
- Vitamin E May Lower Women's Lung Disease Risk
- Breastfeeding Cuts Fever Risk After Vaccines
- Does Perfume Have Hidden Health Risks?
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Could Affect Health
- FDA Approves New Device for Asthma Relief
- Traffic Pollution Raises ER Visits for Asthma
- Cost Concerns Delay Heart Attack Care
- Breastfeeding Rates Vary by Race, Region
- How to Treat Kids' Hard-to-Control Asthma
- Worst Cities for People With Asthma
- Panel Critical of FDA's Asthma Drug Ruling
- Survey: Asthma Control Still Poor
- Life Expectancy Up, but So Is Poor Health
- Rise in Chronic Childhood Health Problems
- Gastric Banding Surgery Works for Teens
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- The Best Mattress for a Good Night's Sleep
- Bronchitis Symptoms
- Snuggle Up With the Perfect Pillow
- An American's H1N1 Swine Flu Experience in London: One Patient's Story
- Asthma Myths
- Heartburn and Asthma
- Pollen Allergy
- Allergy: It's Springtime...What's in the Air
- Blood Tests for Allergies
- Asthma/Allergy Childcare Setting Quiz
- Mouse Allergens, Are They In Your House?
- Asthma Trigger Checklist
- Allergies and Carpet
- Allergies-Asthma Organizations
- Allergy: Specific References
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Asthma: Everyday Pain Relief
- Diseases from Animals: A Primer
- Mold Questions, Answers, and Facts
- Asthma + No Meds = Hospitalization
- Allergy & Asthma Tips for the Holidays
- Smoking in Men
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- FluMist Nasal Vaccine
- Food Allergy Symptoms
- FDA Approves Xolair for Allergy-Related Asthma
- Body Rhythms and Asthma
- Asthma: Help Teachers, Coaches and Students
- Exercise Induced Asthma (E.I.A.)
- Exercise Induced Asthma - Prevention and Treatment
- Asthma Winter Exercise Tips
- Asthma: The Magnitude of the Problem