Trending Asthma Topics
While there are no asthma-free cities, some are more challenging than others for people living with asthma. View this slideshow to see the 10 worst cites for asthma, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Related Disease Conditions
Adult-onset asthma is asthma that is diagnosed in people over 20 years of age. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, shortness of...
There are many unusual symptoms of asthma, including sighing, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, chronic cough, recurrent walking...
Asthma in Children
Asthma in children manifests with symptoms such as coughing and wheezing. Rates of asthma in children are increasing. Asthma in...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Asthma: Over the Counter Treatment
Patients who have infrequent, mild bouts of asthma attacks may use over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat their asthma...
Can Asthma Go Away on Its Own?
Asthma is a long-term condition for many people, particularly if it first develops when you're an adult. In children, it...
Churg-Strauss Syndrome is a form of vasculitis. Vasculitis is an inflammation of the blood vessels. Symptoms of Churg-Strauss...
Exercise-induced asthma is asthma triggered by vigorous exercise. Symptoms include coughing, shortness of breath, chest...
Occupational asthma is a type of asthma caused by exposure to a substance in the workplace. Symptoms and signs include wheezing,...
What Are the Four Types of Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways (bronchi). Bronchi generally allow for the passage of air in and out of...
What Causes Anemic Hypoxia?
Hypoxia is when there is insufficient oxygen in the body for it to operate normally. Anemic hypoxia is the blood’s inability to...
What Is the Treatment for Asthmatic Bronchitis?
Asthmatic bronchitis refers to inflammation of the bronchial tubes carrying air inside the lungs that occurs because of asthma....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Worst Smog Cities in Pictures: Air Pollution, Ozone, and Asthma
Learn the worst smog cities in America. See the 10 cities with the most polluted, unclean and smoggy air....
Asthma Attacks: Triggers, Symptoms, and Treatment
Asthma symptoms include coughing, wheezing, headache, fatigue, dark circles under the eyes, trouble sleeping, and loss of...
Asthma and Your Diet: Foods That Help and Hurt
Even though there's no specific asthma diet that can help your condition, certain foods may help or harm your breathing. Learn...
What is Asthma? Asthma Myths Debunked
There is currently no cure for asthma, and no specific, single cause for asthma has been identified. Take this quiz on asthma...
What Is Asthma? Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
What is asthma? Learn information about asthma, a chronic disease of the bronchiole tubes. Discover information about asthma...
Asthma Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways of the lungs, which can be managed with proper treatment. Triggered by two main...
Asthma: Natural Ways to Ease Asthma Symptoms
You can do more than take medication to manage your asthma. Several other things can help you breathe more easily....
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Methotrexate Spares Steroids in Asthmatics
- What Are the Side Effects of Asthma Inhalers?
- Does Altitude Affect Asthma?
- Can Asthma Go Away and Come Back?
- Asthma in Women, Asthma in Pregnancy
- Can Asthma Medication Hide Churg-Strauss Syndrome?
- Asthma Rates Increasing
- What Causes Asthma?
- Best Exercises for Asthma: Yoga, Swimming, Biking, and Walking
- Can Asthma Cause a Heart Attack?
- Exercise Preventing Asthma?
- Does Stress Cause Asthma?
- What Is Exercise-Induced Asthma?
- How Bad for You Is Air Pollution?
Medications & Supplements
- Accolate (zafirlukast) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Advair Diskus (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhaler) Side Effects, Warnings & Interactions
- albuterol (Ventolin, Proventil)
- albuterol and ipratropium inhaler (Combivent Respimat)
- ArmonAir Digihaler (fluticasone propionate inhalation powder)
- ArmonAir RespiClick (fluticasone propionate)
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler (Qvar)
- beclomethasone dipropionate nasal inhaler-spray, Vancenase, Beconase
- bitolterol mesylate, Tornalate
- Bronchodilators (Drug Class)
- budesonide (oral inhalation, Pulmicort, Pulmicort Flexhaler)
- budesonide/formoterol hfa inhaler (Symbicort)
- ciclesonide (Alvesco)
- Claritin (loratadine) vs. Zyrtec (cetirizine)
- cromolyn, Nasalcrom, Gastrocrom (Intal, Opticrom are discontinued)
- Dulera (mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate)
- ephedrine (oral)
- Advair Diskus, Advair HFA (fluticasone and salmeterol oral inhaler)
- fluticasone propionate oral inhaler (Flovent)
- How Do You Use Inhalers and Nebulizers?
- hydrocortisone oral (Cortef)
- ipratropium bromide inhaler (Atrovent)
- ketotifen-oral tablet
- montelukast, Singulair
- Nucala (mepolizumab)
- omalizumab (Xolair)
- Qvar (beclomethasone) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- salmeterol (Serevent)
- Side Effects of Azmacort (triamcinolone)
- Side Effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide)
- Side Effects of Alvesco (ciclesonide)
- Dulera (mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate)
- Side Effects of Elixophyllin (theophylline)
- Side Effects of Ephedrine (oral)
- Side Effects of Aerospan HFA (flunisolide)
- Side Effects of Flovent (fluticasone propionate) oral inhaler
- Side Effects of Singulair (montelukast)
- Side Effects of terbutaline
- terbutaline (Brethine)
- theophylline (Elixophyllin, Theo-24)
- triamcinolone acetonide inhaler, Azmacort
- Ventolin (albuterol) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Xolair (omalizumab) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- zafirlukast (Accolate)
Prevention & Wellness
- Asthma from Cockroach Allergy?
- Asthma Specific References
- Asthma: Do You Have Asthma?
- Asthma: Early Warning Signs of Asthma
- Asthma: Everyday Pain Relief
- Asthma: Help Teachers, Coaches and Students
- Asthma: Helping City Kids With Asthma
- Asthma: The Magnitude of the Problem
- Asthma: When You Have Asthma
- Asthma: When Your Child Has Asthma
- Exercise and Asthma: A Dangerous Mix?
- Exercise Induced Asthma (E.I.A.)
- Exercise Induced Asthma - Prevention and Treatment
- FDA Approves Xolair for Allergy-Related Asthma
- Managing Asthma
- Asthma: Spring Allergies Can Trigger Asthma
- Asthma and Pain Relievers