Women's Health Q&A by Dr. Stöppler
Should I worry if I bleed a little bit after my Pap smear? Also, what happens if blood is found in the results?
- Can yeast infections in a woman affect a male partner?
- Does douching cause yeast infections? Also, is it necessary to douche after a yeast infection?
- I have gained a serious amount of weight since the loss of my periods and my doctor believes I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Do women who are treated for this condition lose the weight they gained due to PCOS?
- Should I worry if I bleed a little bit after my Pap smear? Also, what happens if blood is found in the results?
- Will endometriosis affect my ability to have children?
Dr. Melissa Stöppler serves on the Medical Editorial Board of MedicineNet.com. In the Ask the Experts section, Dr. Stöppler hopes to bring you concise and accurate answers to your pressing questions about women's health. As a woman and mother of three children Dr. Stöppler has both a personal and professional interest in the area of women's health and is enthusiastic that more and more women are seeking information online about health and medical conditions.
"The availability of health information on the Internet has changed the scope of physician-patient interactions and brought about a new era of patient education and empowerment," Dr. Stöppler says. "No longer are individuals exclusively dependent upon the information they receive at doctor visits or forced to access medical libraries for information about specific conditions or health topics in general."
Providing medical information that is readily available to the public in an understandable and accessible environment is what Dr. Stöppler finds most rewarding about her role as a patient educator.
In her free time Dr. Stöppler enjoys volunteering at her children's schools, reading, tennis, scuba diving and cooking.
Daily Health News
Women's Conditions Resources
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter
Last Editorial Review: 3/10/2008