Patient Comments: Aseptic Necrosis - Risk Factors

Did or do you have risk factors for developing aseptic necrosis? Please share your concerns. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: MaddiesMom, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 06

My best friend was just diagnosed with osteonecrosis. Over a 4 month period, she went from limping to barely being mobile, using a cane and walker. She is 61. She smokes cigarettes and is about 100 pounds overweight. The doctor told her (so she said) that her smoking and weight are not the causes of this problem. I find this hard to believe. I wonder if obesity and tobacco use can be an underlying cause of osteonecrosis. When walking, she huffs and puffs and sweats profusely. In her physical condition, I'm afraid for her to have hip replacement surgery!

Comment from: mcmizzou33, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My risk factor is that I have been on corticosteroids for my entire life of 43 years. I have been having moderate to severe pain in my joints for the past year and a half but never had any idea it may be caused from aseptic necrosis. I am scheduling an MRI as soon as possible.

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis