Patient Comments: Aseptic Necrosis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with aseptic necrosis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Daughter ia Optimist, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 02

My 13 year old daughter dropped a weight on her foot accidentally during a weight lifting session for sports the end of August. We went to a family doctor and she was cleared after an extensive range of motion test. In November, we got x-rays with the result of nothing broken. In March, we went to the podiatrist. After looking at his own x-rays, he diagnosed her with Freiberg syndrome, aseptic necrosis. Her foot was always in minor pain and slightly swollen from August to March.

Comment from: 2young4this, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I have avascular necrosis (AVN) of the right hip probably from a prolonged illness. Initially, I thought I must have very slightly injured myself and the pain in my hip would go away. The illness got better, but the hip pain never went away. It got worse over time. Then, the joint was very painful and no longer moved smoothly, catching or popping in a few places. Had I gone to a doctor when I first felt the slight pain, I might not be facing total hip replacement now. Unfortunately, I"m late stage 3 and the damage is done.

Comment from: Out Of Now Where,PA, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 19

I was diagnosed with asthma in 12/2010. I was issued Flovent. In 01/2011 I awoke to my legs tingling that lasted for an entire day! I started to feel pain in my lower buttock while driving to work in 09/2011 but it would go away when I walked into work! Buttock pain continued when driving but I noticed my natural walk starting to change in 11/2011. In 01/2012 my groin was throbbing and I was checked for STD at a free clinic but I had no STD. In 02/2012 I was walking with a limp almost every day at work and feeling a lot of pain. (No Health insurance to get MRI yet and was told x-ray of hip area showed no change... yet!) In 10/2012 I got an MRI after an x-Ray now showed bone density decrease. MRI diagnosis was avascular necrosis of right hip.

Comment from: sabs, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I had strep throat when I was 3 years old that migrated to my right hip and caused sepsis. After a long month in the hospital and surgery on the hip I came very close to dying actually. I've had lifelong problems with my hip ever since and now have avascular necrosis there. My chiropractor says at age 30 that I need a hip replacement but because they don't last very long I will not be able to get one yet. Till then I'll live in pain every day!

Comment from: ell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have pain in my hip and when I sit on it.

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis