Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness and pain. There are over 100 types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, lupus, gout, and pseudogout. Read more: Arthritis Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Low Back Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Relief
Do you suffer from low back pain? Watch this slideshow to see common triggers of lower back pain and what kind of treatments you...
Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
Gout attacks (gouty arthritis) are caused by crystals of uric acid deposits. Learn about symptoms, causes, treatments and...
Osteoarthritis (OA): Treatment, Symptoms, Diagnosis
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease affecting both cartilage and bone. Joints most often affected by...
Slideshow: Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...
Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms, Treatment, Images
What is psoriatic arthritis? Psoriatic arthritis is an arthritis type that comes with psoriasis (skin inflammation). Psoriatic...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi transmitted to humans through infected deer ticks. Lyme disease...
Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments
Learn about the common skin condition psoriasis. Explore about the different types of psoriasis such as vulgaris (plaque...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Back Pain: Find Relief, Treat Your Back Pain
Back pain conditions are very common. Learn the truth and get the facts behind myths, remedies, causes and treatment for back...
Lyme Disease Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
What you do not know about Lyme disease may surprise you. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications of this...
Gout Quiz: What is Gout? Is There a Gout Diet?
Learn what causes those painful crystals to form during a gout flare. Take the Gout Quiz to learn all about this painful...
Rheumatoid Arthritis Quiz: What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from other forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout? Take the Rheumatoid...
Picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 1
A chronic inflammatory condition caused by an autoimmune disease. See a picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and learn...
Picture of Gout
Condition characterized by abnormally elevated levels of uric acid in the blood, recurring attacks of joint inflammation...
Picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 2
Erythematous, edematous plaques appear in a "butterfly" distribution on the face. See a picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus...
Picture of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage of one or more...
Osteoarthritis: 15 Tips to Improve Daily Living With OA
Osteoarthritis joint pain can make it hard to carry out activities of daily living. Cartilage destruction can cause symptoms like...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Slideshow: Exercises for Osteoarthritis -- Yoga, Swimming, & More
Check out this slideshow on Active Living From Day to Night with Osteoarthritis. Even with arthritis you can keep your active...
Fun With Kids and More Ways to Live With OA in Pictures
You can still have lots of fun with children despite arthritis. Our experts uncover ways to spend time with your kids or...
Related Disease Conditions
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Gout (Gouty Arthritis)
Buildup of uric acid crystals in a joint causes gouty arthritis. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, swelling, heat, and...
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Sjögren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease involving the abnormal production of extra antibodies that attack the glands and...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
A broken foot is a common injury. There are 26 bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Heel spurs -- pointed, bony outgrowths of the heel -- are caused by localized soft-tissue inflammation and can be located at the...
A Baker's cyst, also called a popliteal cyst, is swelling caused by knee joint fluid protruding to the back of the knee...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Hereditary hemochromatosis (iron overload) is an inherited disorder in which there is excessive accumulation of iron in the body....
Costochondritis and Tietze's Syndrome
Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs attach to the sternum. Tietze syndrome affects the same region of...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Paget's disease is a chronic bone disorder due to irregular breakdown and formation of bone tissue. Symptoms of Paget's disease...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Occipital Neuralgia (A Type of Headache)
Occipital neuralgia is a type of headache that involves inflammation or irritation of occipital nerves. Signs and symptoms...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...
Sarcoidosis, a disease resulting from chronic inflammation, causes small lumps (granulomas) to develop in a great range of body...
Kyphosis is defined as an outward curvature of the thoracic spine (upper back). Abnormal kyphosis results in the appearance of a...
Bone spurs are pointy outgrowths of bone that develop in areas of inflammation or injury. They commonly occur on the heel and...
Pseudogout, a form of arthritis, results when deposits of crystals collect in and around the joints. Symptoms of pseudogout...
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Osteomyelitis is an infection of the bone. Potential causes include injections around the bone, fractures that puncture the skin,...
Salmonella infection (salmonellosis) is typically caused by the consumption of contaminated foods. Symptoms of salmonellosis...
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD)
Connective tissue diseases are disorders featuring abnormalities involving the collagen and elastin. Connective tissue diseases...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP or anaphylactoid purpura), a type of blood vessel inflammation, results in rash, arthritis, and...
Cupping is a type of traditional Chinese medicine that stimulates the flow of chi (qi, or energy) within the body. There are a...
Plant Thorn Synovitis
Plant thorn synovitis (plant thorn arthritis) is joint inflammation caused by a thorn puncturing the joint and leaving residual...
Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and...
Connective Tissue Disease
Connective tissue disease is when the body's connective tissues come under attack, possibly becoming injured by inflammation....
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Lumbar stenosis can be caused by degenerative arthritis (the most common cause), tumor, infection, or metabolic disorders...
Knee injuries, especially meniscus tears, are common in contact sports. Symptoms and signs of a torn meniscus include knee pain,...
Shigellosis is a disease caused by the Shigella bacteria. Bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, and fever are common symptoms. Mild...
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize serious diseases and health problems like strokes, heart attacks, cancers, reproductive problems in...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Stem cells are referred to as undifferentiated cells because they have not yet committed to a developmental path to form specific...
A ganglion is a fluid-filled cyst that forms from the joint or tendon lining. Ganglia are most frequently found in the ankles and...
Behçet's syndrome is a disease characterized by three symptoms: genital ulcers, recurring mouth ulcers, and...
Rotator Cuff Disease
Rotator cuff disease is damage to any of the four tendons that stabilize the shoulder joint. Shoulder pain and tenderness are...
Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH or Forestier's disease) is a form of degenerative arthritis. It is characterized...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Ulcers
Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are prescribed medications for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Examples of...
Relapsing polychondritis is an uncommon, chronic disorder of the cartilage that is characterized by recurrent episodes of...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
SAPHO syndrome is a chronic disorder that involves the skin, bone, and joints. SAPHO syndrome is an eponym for the combination of...
Flatfoot (Pes Planus)
Flatfoot is a disorder in which the foot's entire sole is touching the ground while standing. Symptoms and signs of flatfoot...
Mycobacterium marinum (M. marinum) is bacteria found in fresh and saltwater that can infect the skin through cuts or scrapes,...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Essential Mixed Cryoglobulinemia
Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia is a condition caused by abnormal blood proteins called cryoglobulins. Symptoms include joint...
Gaucher disease is caused by an inherited (genetic) defect in an enzyme glucocerebroside. Signs and symptoms for Gaucher...
Pain Management: Musculoskeletal Pain
Natural menopause is the permanent ending of menstruation that is not brought on by any type of medical treatment. For women...
Quackery of Arthritis
Arthritis patients are sometimes vulnerable to quackery (the business of promoting unproven remedies). These "quick fix"...
Alkaptonuria is a condition that causes urine to turn black when exposed to air. Alkaptonuria is inherited, and usually appears...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Arthritis - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your arthritis?Post View 28 Comments
Arthritis - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with arthritis?Post View 23 Comments
Arthritis - Diet and Fish Oil
Do you follow a special diet for arthritis? Does it involve fish oils? Please discuss your diet.Post View 1 Comment
Local ResourcesFind a local Rheumatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Cortisone Injection
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis
- Total Knee Replacement
- Antinuclear Antibody Test
- Total Hip Replacement
- Sedimentation Rate
- Joint Aspiration (Arthrocentesis)
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hand
- Citrulline Antibody
- Bioelectric Therapy
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for Arthritis
- Leg Pain
- Hand and Finger Numbness
- Hand Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Joint Pain
- Weight Loss
- Ankle Pain
- Arm Pain
- Jaw Pain
- Hip Pain
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Foot Pain
- Stiff Neck
- Elbow Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Swollen Lymph Nodes (Lymphadenopathy)
- Neck Pain (Cervicalgia)
- Heel Pain
- Swollen Joints
- Joint Redness
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Chronic Pain
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Arthritis Treatment Update
- Arthritis and Active Sports
- Arthritis Pain Relief Update
- Self Care: How Can I Help My Doctor?
- Lyme Disease FAQs
- Gout FAQs
- Rheumatoid Arthritis FAQs
- Lyme Disease Is on the Rise
- Sjogren's Syndrome Symptoms, Signs, and Diagnosis
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the Hands
- Arthritis Drugs and New Meds: 2004 Perspectives
- Arthritis Foot Care - It's In the Shoes
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy
- Arthritis - Whether Weather Affects Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- Arthritis or Injury: Ice or Heat - Which To Apply
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Arthritis Roller Coaster
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - General
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Arthritis: Dr. Shiels Handshake
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ask the Experts - Pain Management
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Pregnancy
- Ask the Experts Index
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
- Women, Hormones, and Lupus Audio Podcast
- National Arthritis Meeting 2004
- Coping with a Bad Disease - Community Counts
- National Arthritis Meeting 2003
- SLE Report - 2003 Arthritis Conference
- Pain Management Over-The-Counter
- Chondroitin Sulfate &Glucosamine: Proper Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Benefits
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
- Chronotherapy - Tunes In to Body's Rhythms
- Celebrex - New Arthritis Drug
- Iron Overload -- Hemochromatosis
- Osteoporosis Report - 2003 Arthritis Conference
- Arthritis: 2002 National Arthritis Meeting
- Arthritis: 2001 Reports from National Meeting
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- leflunomide - oral, Arava
- ketoprofen sustained-action capsule - oral, Oruvail
- salsalate - oral, Disalcid
- ketoprofen - oral, Orudis
- hydrocodone/ibuprofen - oral, Vicoprofen
- diflunisal - oral, Dolobid
- celecoxib - oral, Celebrex
- ibuprofen - oral, Advil, Motrin, Nuprin
- prednisone - oral, Deltasone
- sulfinpyrazone - oral
- probenecid - oral
- auranofin - oral, Ridaura
- azathioprine - oral, Imuran
- penicillamine - oral, Cuprimine, Depen
- etanercept - injection, Enbrel
- anakinra - injection, Kineret
- ibuprofen chewable - oral, Advil, Children's Advil, Motri
- prednisone concentrate solution - oral, Prednisone Intensol
- meloxicam - oral, Mobic
- etodolac - oral
- etodolac sustained-action - oral, Lodine XL
- naproxen - oral, Anaprox, Naprosyn
- diclofenac/misoprostol - oral, Arthrotec
- naproxen sustained-release - oral, Naprelan
- naproxen suspension - oral, Naprosyn
- prednisolone liquid - oral, Orapred, Pediapred, Prelone
- aspirin chewable - oral, Children's Aspirin
- ibuprofen suspension - oral, Children's Advil, Children's M
- diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablet - oral, Voltaren
- nabumetone - oral, Relafen
- naproxen enteric-coated tablet - oral, EC-Naprosyn
- diclofenac - oral, Cataflam, Zipsor
- aspirin - oral, Easprin, Ecotrin
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- DICLOFENAC-RECTAL SUPPOSITORY
- NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS (NSAID)-ORAL
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- infliximab, Remicade
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- febuxostat, Uloric
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) Dietary Supplement
- nabumetone, Relafen (Discontinued)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid is a discontinued brand)
- misoprostol, Cytotec
- etanercept, Enbrel
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- oxaprozin, Daypro
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- adalimumab, Humira
- menthol and methylsalicylate (Bengay, Icy Hot, Mentholatum D, Salonpas)
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- dexamethasone injection (Baycadron, Decadron [Discontinued], Dexamethasone Intensol)
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- propoxyphene, Darvon, Darvon-N, Dolene
- glucosamine - oral
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- tocilizumab, Actemra
- dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki)
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale, Blowball, Lion's Teeth)
- hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc, Synvisc One)
- abatacept, Orencia
- propoxyphene and acetaminophen, Darvocet A500; Darvocet-N, Wygesic
- capsaicin - topical, Capsagel, Salonpas-Hot, Zostri
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium, Chrysanthemum parthenium, Bachelor's Buttons, Featherfew)
- salsalate, Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-G
- gold sodium thiomalate - injection
- certolizumab, Cimzia
- magnesium salicylate - oral, Doan's
- aspirin suppository - rectal
- auranofin, Ridaura
- hyaluronate (hyaluronan, Hyalgan, Supartz, Euflexxa, Orthovisc)
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- acetaminophen/phenyltoloxamine-oral, Dologesic, Flextra-650, Novagesic, Rhinoflex, Staflex
- apremilast (Otezla)
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
- meclofenamate; Meclomen
- infliximab-dyyb (Inflectra)
- valdecoxib, Bextra
- lesinurad (Zurampic)
Prevention & Wellness
- Arthritis Can Strike Children
- Humira Again Top-Selling Drug In U.S.
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Lady Gaga's Fibromyalgia Puts Illness in the Spotlight
- Lupus Hits Certain Groups Harder
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- How You Think About Your Arthritis Makes a Difference
- Skeletons Give Clues to Americans' Rising Arthritis Rates
- Certain Jobs Linked to Raised Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis Fatigue
- Even Your Bones Can Get Fat, Mouse Study Suggests
- Chronic Pain Common in Adults With Depression, Anxiety
- Deciding If Double Knee Replacement Is Right for You
- Taking Opioids Before Knee Surgery Could Raise Pain Later
- Studies Spotlight Diet, Supplements for Knee Pain
- Poverty Could Make Lupus Even Worse
- Forget Steroid Shots for Long-Term Relief of Arthritic Knees
- New Guidelines Say No to Most 'Keyhole' Knee Surgeries
- Eat This Diet to Lower Your Odds for Painful Gout
- 4 in 10 People Will Suffer Arthritic Hands Over Lifetime
- Do Your Knees Crackle and Pop?
- Arthritis Drug Shows Promise for Ulcerative Colitis
- Can Dropping Some Weight Save Your Knees?
- Women More Sensitive to Metal Joint Implants Than Men: Study
- Early Treatment Equals Better Results for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Dealing With Foot Arthritis
- Stem Cells for Knees: Promising Treatment or Hoax?
- Healing Hands: Massage May Ease Chronic Back Pain
- Obesity May Make Rheumatoid Arthritis Tough to Spot, Track
- Smoking May Raise Risk of Complications After Joint Surgery
- Knee Replacement Doesn't Always Pay, Researchers Say
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Disabled by Arthritis: CDC
- Older Bones Benefit From Dairy Plus Vitamin D
- Can Depression Up Odds for Arthritis Linked to Psoriasis?
- ACL Tears on the Rise Among Kids, Especially Girls
- Health Tip: Trouble Flexing a Finger?
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Even a Little Exercise Can Help With Arthritis, Study Says
- Joints That Make Those Popping or Cracking Sounds
- Obamacare Boosted Coverage for the Chronically Ill, Study Finds
- Can Coffee Perk Up Heart Health, Too?
- High Health Care Deductibles Take Toll on Family Finances
- Joints Achy? Don't Blame Mother Nature
- Health Tip: What's Behind My Foot Arthritis?
- Could a Germ Link Gum Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Winter Shoes Can Boost Bunion Pain
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Health Tip: Help Ward Off Gout
- Health Tip: Beginning Yoga
- Cartilage From Nose Used to Repair Bum Knees
- Better Way to Treat Seniors' Ankle Fractures?
- Health Tip: Manage Psoriasis
- Marijuana May Blunt Bone Health
- Health Tip: Need Pain Relief?
- Number of Americans With Severe Joint Pain Keeps Rising
- Amjevita OK'd to Treat Inflammatory Diseases
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- Arthritis Drug May Help With Type of Hair Loss
- Stress Might Undercut Benefits of Healthy Diet for Women
- Health Tip: Traveling With Arthritis
- Review Suggests Safe, Effective Ways to Relieve Pain Without Meds
- New Version of RA Drug Enbrel: FAQ
- Knee Surgery Rarer, but Problems More Likely, for Minority Patients
- Will 'Unloading' Shoes Help Your Arthritic Knees?
- Health Tip: Use Cold Therapy to Ease Arthritis
- Generic Biologic Drugs Seem as Effective as Originals
- Health Tip: Ease Arthritis Pain With Warm Water
- Health Tip: Is Arthritis Affecting Your Hip?
- New Treatments Helping Kids With Juvenile Arthritis
- Cartilage Grown in Lab Might One Day Help Younger Arthritis Sufferers
- Nerve Zap Eased Rheumatoid Arthritis in Small Study
- Beware Whole Body Cryotherapy Claims, FDA Warns
- Health Tip: Coping With Knee Arthritis
- Hundreds of U.S. Clinics Sell Unapproved Stem Cell 'Therapies'
- Arthritis Possible Side Effect of Certain Cancer Drugs: Study
- New Treatment Shows Promise for Crippling Knee Arthritis
- Sprained Ankle Could Pose Longer-Term Harms to Health
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Puerto Ricans' Health Lags Behind Other Hispanics
- Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery Isn't Always the Right Choice
- Health Tip: Coping With Hip Arthritis
- Tai Chi: Rx for Arthritic Knees
- Health Tip: Walking is Good for You
- Study: Smoking Hikes Chances of Early Death for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Experimental Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis Shows Promise
- More Older Women Now Living With 'Moderate' Disability, Study Shows
- Acetaminophen Won't Help Arthritis Pain, Study Finds
- Vitamin D a No Go for Arthritic Knees, Study Finds
- Football's Concussion-Prevention Efforts May Be Spurring More Leg Injuries
- After Hip Replacement, Therapy at Home May Be Enough
- Steroid Shot for Hip Pain May Carry Infection Risk If Too Close to Surgery
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- Weakened Knees a Big Cause of Falls for Older People: Study
- Michelangelo Likely Had Arthritis, Medical Experts Say
- New Drug for Severe Form of Arthritis Shows Promise in Trial
- X-Rays May Miss Hip Arthritis, Study Finds
- MRI Can Spot Early Signs of Knee Arthritis: Study
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Knee Arthritis: Steroid Shots May Not Help Long-Term, Ozone Injections Promising
- Health Tip: Recognizing Symptoms of Hand Arthritis
- Weight-Loss Surgery Often Brings Less Painful Joints: Study
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Drugs Used in Cancer, Arthritis May Help Fight Hair Loss
- Health Tip: Child Obesity Affects Bones, Muscles and Joints
- Could Antibiotics Raise a Child's Risk for Juvenile Arthritis?
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Back Pain
- Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis May Also Help Ease Vitiligo
- Lip Injections May Ease Challenges of Facial Paralysis
- Study Questions Value of Arthroscopic Knee Surgery for Older Patients
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- Study Shows Arthritis' Toll on Work, Social Life
- The 10 Most-Prescribed and Top-Selling Medications
- Some Arthritis Meds Cost Seniors Thousands Annually
- Here's Why Your Knuckles Crack
- Health Tip: Common Causes of Foot Arthritis
- Physical Therapy Equals Surgery for Certain Lower Back Pain, Study Says
- Study Casts Doubt on Acetaminophen for Low Back Pain, Arthritis
- Painful Knee Arthritis May Be Linked to Premature Death
- More Middle-Aged Americans Are Getting Hips Replaced
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Kids' Bad Diets May Mean Worse Health as Adults
- Exercise's Effect on Brain May Boost Mobility in Old Age
- Gout's Silver Lining: A Lower Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Belief in Acupuncture Key to Effect on Back Pain, Study Suggests
- Number of Hip Replacements Has Skyrocketed, U.S. Report Shows
- Smokers May Get Less Benefit From Drugs for Arthritic Back Pain
- Certain Infections Linked to Reduced Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- New Psoriatic Arthritis Research Offers Hope
- Health Tip: Identifying Signs of Shoulder Arthritis
- Knee Pain While Using Stairs May Be First Sign of Arthritis
- Walking Group a Step Toward Better Health, Researchers Say
- Lupus Death Rates Vary by Race, Ethnicity, Study Finds
- Knee Arthritis Drugs Beat Placebos, but Study Finds No Clear Winner
- Gout Attacks More Common at Night: Study
- Common Knee Surgery May Boost Arthritis Risk, Study Suggests
- Weight Could Influence Rheumatoid Arthritis Relief
- Health Tip: Seek Treatment for a Broken Toe
- Antibiotics and Kids' Risk for Juvenile Arthritis
- Running Won't Raise Risk of Knee Arthritis, Study Says
- Exercise, Physical Therapy May Help Ease Pain of Arthritis
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
- Health Tip: Cooking Can Be Challenging With Arthritis
- Hairless Man Now Hairy, Thanks to Arthritis Drug
- Drug Shows Promise Against Arthritis Common in People with Psoriasis
- Can 6,000 Steps a Day Keep Knee Arthritis at Bay?
- Health Tip: Caring for Foot Arthritis
- Physical Therapy May Not Improve Hip Arthritis, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis-Related Fatigue
- Drinking Milk May Slow Knee Arthritis in Women, Study Finds
- Parents' Addiction May Be Linked to Arthritis in Offspring
- Knee Surgery May Put Kids at Higher Risk for Future Arthritis
- Childhood Arthritis: Aggressive Treatment Better?
- Activity, Brace May Ease Arthritis Pain
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Arthritis?
- Health Tip: Why Should I Stop Driving?
- Calcium Plus Vitamin D Won't Cure Joint Pain, Study Finds
- Shoe Inserts Don't Help Arthritic Knee Pain: Study
- Severe Low Back Pain May Foretell Future Woes
- Many Psoriasis Patients Going Without Treatment, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: Aug. 6, 2013
- Physical Punishment in Childhood Tied to Health Woes as Adults
- Women With Lupus Seem at Higher Risk for Hip Fractures
- Health Tip: Protect Against Osteoporosis
- Standard Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy as Good as Costlier Newcomer: Study
- Will New Gout Findings Get a Toehold?
- Health Tip: Manage Your Arthritis
- Sugar Injections for Knee Arthritis May Ease Pain: Study
- Many Can Blame Family for Their Bunions
- More Kids Diagnosed With Mental Health Disabilities, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Coping With Shoulder Arthritis
- 'Mobility Shoes' May Help Those With Arthritic Knees: Study
- Lifestyle Might Curb Loss of Height That Comes With Age
- Low Testosterone Linked to Later Arthritis in Study
- Cartilage Gives Early Warning of Arthritis, Study Finds
- Certain Lifestyle Factors Linked to Arthritis in Study Patients
- Return-to-Work Rate High After Knee Replacement, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Is Arthritis Affecting Your Hands?
- Hands-On Therapy May Spell Relief for Low Back Pain
- Joint Replacement May Reinvigorate Sex Life
- Therapy as Good as Surgery for Some With Torn Knee Cartilage
- Gene Therapy Helped Mice Withstand Osteoarthritis: Study
- Health Tip: Protect Your Hips From Arthritis Damage
- Salty Diet Might Help Trigger MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Rheumatology Procedures You Might Not Need
- Chemicals in Cookware, Carpets May Raise Arthritis Risk in Women
- Weight Gain a Risk After Knee Replacement, Study Finds
- Vitamin D Doesn't Improve Knee Arthritis, Study Finds
- Drugs Hold Promise for Severe Juvenile Arthritis Patients
- Drug Shows Promise for Lupus Skin Conditions
- Health Tip: Feet That Hurt
- Mouse Study Offers Clues to Obesity-Diabetes Link
- Health Tip: If You've Got Knee Arthritis
- Certain Arthritis Patients Fare Worse After Joint Replacement: Study
- DNA May Explain Why Women Have More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- Too Much or Too Little Activity Can Spur Knee Problems
- Supplement Use Widespread Among Americans
- Soda May Worsen Knee Osteoarthritis in Men
- Health Tip: Keep Your Joints Healthier
- Drug Slows Knee Osteoarthritis Progression
- Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis Plus Depression May Be Deadly
- Extra Pounds Linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk in Women
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- Exercise Can Help Knee Pain if You Stick With It
- Obese Children Struggle With Joint Pain: Study
- Health Issues Add to Risk of Vitamin D Deficiency, Study Says
- Water Workouts a Great Alternative: Study
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Meningitis Crisis Expands; More Infections, Deaths
- Alzheimer's Drug Slows Memory Decline
- Gout Management Is Focus of New Guidelines
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to More Blood Clots
- Humira Approved for Ulcerative Colitis Treatment
- U.S. Sees a Run on New Knees Since 1990s
- Health Tip: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Health Tip: Factors That Can Worsen Acne
- Chronic Pain May Cost U.S. $635 Billion a Year
- Newer Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Don't Raise Cancer Risk: Study
- Elevated Antibody Levels May Predict Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Health Tip: Symptoms of Foot Arthritis
- Gout Linked to Low Levels of Lead
- Solving the Medical Mystery of Cold Feet
- Pill Instead of a Needle May Soon Be Option for RA
- Study Compares Safety of 'Biologic' Meds for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries Linked to Heart Attacks
- No Dip in Cancer Screening for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Shingles Vaccine Safe for Those With Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- More Genes Linked to Osteoarthritis Identified
- 1 in 10 Fibromyalgia Patients Uses Marijuana to Ease Pain
- Knee Injections for Arthritis? Save Your Money, Study Says
- Menopausal Age May Affect Rheumatoid Arthritis Severity
- Newer Drugs Help RA Patients Live Longer
- Study: Actemra Tops Rival in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ultrasound May Detect Heart Disease Earlier in Arthritis Patients
- Health Tip: Work Out in Water
- Disability From Juvenile Arthritis Hurts Adult Job Prospects
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Obesity May Raise Odds for Painful Leg Condition
- Foods to Avoid if You Want to Avoid Gout Attacks
- Efficient Disease Risk Prediction a Long Way Off, Experts Say
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Treating Osteoarthritis
- Research With Dogs Points to Early Test for Arthritis
- Dinosaurs May Have Suffered From Arthritis
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Also Help Menstruation, Skin, Hair
- Scleroderma Complications Worse in Blacks Than Whites: Study
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- Rising Obesity Rates Might Mean More Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Swaddling Infants Too Tightly May Cause Hip Problems
- Seniors Undertreated for Asthma, and Many Skip Inhalers: Study
- Arthritis in Children Linked to Infections
- 1/3 With Arthritis Report Anxiety or Depression
- Gene Behind Psoriasis Identified, Researchers Say
- Steroids May Help Some With Sciatica
- Gastro Woes Often Strike Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis Early and Aggressively: Guidelines
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Health Tip: Hip Arthritis May Not Need Surgery
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Exercise, Too
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Foot Arthritis
- Exercise Can Build Young Adults' Bones, Study Finds
- Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect Birth Rates
- Health Tip: Treating Jaw Pain
- Higher Cancer Rate Seen in Children With Juvenile Arthritis
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Hip Bursitis?
- More Than 4 Million Americans Have New Knee
- Obesity Linked to Worse Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Map Shows Where in U.S. to Beware of Lyme Disease
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Those Extra Pounds Could Harm Your Back
- Study Finds No Link Between HPV Vaccine and Autoimmune Disorders
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- Enriched Milk May Ease Gout
- Avoid Getting Scorched by 'Hot Yoga'
- Health Highlights: Jan. 22, 2012
- Genes May Give Clues to Severe Form of Lupus
- Herbal Medicines for Arthritis Not Backed by Evidence
- Drug Already on Market May Be a Boon to Gout Patients
- Health Tip: Physical Problems May Cause Insomnia
- Health Tip: Exercising With Arthritis
- Racial Disparities Seem to Persist in Depression Diagnosis
- Knee Arthritis: Very Low-Calorie Diet May Help
- Mindfulness Training May Help Arthritis Patients Cope
- Knee Pain Plagues Many Women Over 50
- Health Tip: At Risk for Hip Fracture?
- More Americans Exercise, but Arthritis Can Get in the Way
- Early Ovary Removal May Raise Arthritis, Osteoporosis Risk
- Health Tip: Should You Still Be Driving?
- Pill for RA Works as Well as Shot
- Women Under 50 With RA at Higher Fracture Risk
- Experimental Drug Slims Obese Monkeys
- Most Sports Don't Raise Risk of Knee Osteoarthritis
- Studies Suggest Link Between Smog, Joint Disease
- Cancer Drug May Also Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Older Women Say They Want More Sex, Not Less
- Wrong Shoes Make Gout Pain Worse
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs May Have Small Skin Cancer Risk
- NSAIDs May Raise Miscarriage Risk: Study
- Supplement May Ease Pain of Hand Osteoarthritis
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Curry Spice Offers Hope for Tendinitis Pain
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- New Clues About Why Sunburn Is So Painful
- Combination Therapy Needed to Fight Chronic Pain
- FDA Panel Rejects Gout Drug on Safety Concerns
- New Oral RA Drug Works in Unique Way
- CDC Links Obesity, Arthritis, and Lack of Exercise
- Survey: Arthritis Can Hurt Quality of Life
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Even More Tylenol
- Psoriasis Guidelines Call for Tailored Treatment
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Depression Lurks for Low-Income RA Patients
- 1 in 12 Women Will Have Autoimmune Disease
- Splitting Pills May Have Risks
- Smoking Raises Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Obese Teens at Risk for Severe Adult Obesity
- Pill Cuts Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- Egg Recall: Frequently Asked Questions
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- New Way to Classify Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Raises Child's Obesity Risk
- Study: Obesity Predicts Psoriatic Arthritis
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- The Best Mattress for a Good Night's Sleep
- Doctor Gets Plant Thorn Arthritis
- Fibromyalgia: The Diet Connection
- Economically Challenged, Ethnically Diverse Don't Comply with Arthritis Regimen
- Chronic Pain: Specific References for Chronic Pain
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- Arthritis: Alternative Ways to Easing Arthritis Pain
- Paget's Disease of Bone and Osteoarthritis: Different Yet Related
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Endurance and Flexibility Daily Record
- Sleep and Chronic Illness
- Medical Myths Debunked
- Bextra Label With New Warnings
- Arthritis Diet Claims: Fact or Fiction
- Pain Management FAQs
- FTC Charges Seasilver with Making False and Deceptive Claims
- Rheumatologist...The Arthritis Buster
- Women and Body Image
- FDA Makes Statement on Naproxen (Aleve)
- Vioxx: FDA Statement on Recent Allegations
- Arthritis Disability
- Insight Into - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint Cracking...Fact & Fiction
- Arthritis Better With Diet & Exercise
- Women's Knees, How to Avoid Injury
- Ergonomics: Keyboard and Mouse Setup (Computer)
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Arthritis:Total costs for Arthritis
- Arthritis and Exercise, How Do I Start?
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter