Trending Arthritis Topics
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints, as well as other organs in the body. Because it can affect multiple other organs of the body, rheumatoid arthritis is referred to as a systemic illness and is sometimes called rheumatoid disease.
View a picture of Lyme disease which is transmitted through a bite from a specific type of tick carried by mice, deer, raccoons, opossums, skunks, squirrels and other animals. Learn about the signs and symptoms as well as what the disease looks like.
Related Disease Conditions
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cushions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...
Alkaptonuria is a condition that causes urine to turn black when exposed to air. Alkaptonuria is inherited, and usually appears...
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Antiphospholipid syndrome (phospholipid antibody syndrome or Hughes syndrome) is an immune system disorder with symptoms that...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Aseptic necrosis (avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis) develops when blood supply diminishes to an area of bone and causes bone...
A Baker's cyst, also called a popliteal cyst, is swelling caused by knee joint fluid protruding to the back of the knee...
Behçet's syndrome is a disease characterized by three symptoms: genital ulcers, recurring mouth ulcers, and...
Bone spurs are pointy outgrowths of bone that develop in areas of inflammation or injury. They commonly occur on the heel and...
Bullous pemphigoid is a skin disease that causes blistering eruptions on the skin's surface and sometimes affects the inner...
The common bunion, an enlargement of the inner portion of the joint at the base of the big toe, primarily affects women. The...
Calcific bursitis is the calcification of the bursa caused by chronic inflammation of the bursa. Calcific bursitis most commonly...
Connective Tissue Disease
Connective tissue disease is when the body's connective tissues come under attack, possibly becoming injured by inflammation....
Costochondritis and Tietze Syndrome
Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs attach to the sternum. Tietze syndrome affects the same region of...
DeQuervain's tenosynovitis is inflammation of the tendon on the side of the wrist at the base of the thumb. DeQuervain's...
Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH or Forestier's disease) is a form of degenerative arthritis. It is characterized...
The shoulder is the most often dislocated joint in the body due to its mobility. Dislocation occurs when the head of the humerus...
A Dupuytren's contracture is a localized formation of scar tissue beneath the skin of the palm of the hand. The scarring...
Ehlers-Danlos syndromes are genetic disorders that include symptoms such as loose joints, tissue weakness, easy bruising, and...
Enthesitis and Enthesopathy
The area where ligament or tendon inserts to bone is called the enthesis. Inflammation of the enthesis is called enthesitis. An...
Eosinophilic Fasciitis (Shulman's Syndrome)
Eosinophilic fasciitis is a skin disease that causes thickening and inflammation of the skin and fascia. Symptoms include...
Essential Mixed Cryoglobulinemia
Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia is a condition caused by abnormal blood proteins called cryoglobulins. Symptoms include joint...
Felty's syndrome is a complication of long-term rheumatoid arthritis. Felty's syndrome is defined by the presence of three...
Flatfoot (Pes Planus)
Flatfoot is a disorder in which the foot's entire sole is touching the ground while standing. Symptoms and signs of flatfoot...
Fungal arthritis is inflammation of a joint by a fungus that has invaded the body and is growing in the normally sterile joint....
A ganglion is a fluid-filled cyst that forms from the joint or tendon lining. Ganglia are most frequently found in the ankles and...
Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA or Temporal Arteritis)
Giant cell arteritis, inflammation of blood vessel walls, affects 10%-15% of polymyalgia rheumatica patients. Symptoms of giant...
Gout (Gouty Arthritis)
Buildup of uric acid crystals in a joint causes gouty arthritis. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, swelling, heat, and...
Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP or anaphylactoid purpura), a type of blood vessel inflammation, results in rash, arthritis, and...
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...
Hydroxyapatite Crystal Disease
Hydroxyapatite crystal disease is the inflammation caused by hydroxyapatite crystals. These tiny crystals of hydroxyapatite...
The joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition in which the joints easily move beyond the normal range expected for a particular...
Is Lupus Contagious?
Systemic lupus erythematosus in an inflammatory disease. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, fever, and rash. Though lupus is...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Juvenile Bone Health
Setting a good example for your children when it comes to diet and exercise will help them to make healthy decisions about...
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...
Knee injuries, especially meniscus tears, are common in contact sports. Symptoms and signs of a torn meniscus include knee pain,...
Kyphosis is defined as an outward curvature of the thoracic spine (upper back). Abnormal kyphosis results in the appearance of a...
Second Source article from WebMD...
Second Source article from Government...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD)
Connective tissue diseases are disorders featuring abnormalities involving the collagen and elastin. Connective tissue diseases...
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis caused by inflammation, breakdown, and eventual loss of cartilage in the joints. Also...
Second Source article from Government...
With osteochondritis dissecans, bone and its adjacent cartilage loses its blood supply. Though osteochondritis dissecans can...
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Paget's disease is a chronic bone disorder due to irregular breakdown and formation of bone tissue. Symptoms of Paget's disease...
Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
Chondromalacia patella (housemaid's knee or secretary's knee) results from misalignment of the kneecap as it slides over the...
Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
Pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) is unusual growth of the tissue that lines the tendons in the body (synovium) and...
Plant Thorn Synovitis
Plant thorn synovitis (plant thorn arthritis) is joint inflammation caused by a thorn puncturing the joint and leaving residual...
Polyarteritis nodosa is a rare autoimmune disease characterized by spontaneous inflammation of the arteries of the body. The most...
Polymyositis is a disease of the muscle featuring inflammation of the muscle fibers. It results in weakness of the muscles which...
Pseudogout, a form of arthritis, results when deposits of crystals collect in and around the joints. Symptoms of pseudogout...
Pseudoxanthoma elasticum (PXE) is a genetic disorder. Signs and symptoms include small yellow-white raised areas in the skin...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Quackery of Arthritis
Arthritis patients are sometimes vulnerable to quackery (the business of promoting unproven remedies). These "quick fix"...
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD) is a condition that features atypical symptoms including pain (often "burning" type),...
Relapsing polychondritis is an uncommon, chronic disorder of the cartilage that is characterized by recurrent episodes of...
Repetitive Motion Disorders (RMDs)
Repetitive motion disorders (RMDs) are muscular conditions that result from repeated motions. Carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger...
Rheumatic fever is a disease that sometimes occurs after a group A streptococcal infection of the throat. Symptoms and signs...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Second Source article from Government...
Pain Management and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Second Source article from WebMD...
16 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Fibromyalgia
Though rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and fibromyalgia have similar symptoms, RA is an autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia is a...
Rheumatology is the study of rheumatic diseases and conditions. Rheumatologists are internal medicine physicians who treat these...
Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)
Sacroiliac joint (SI) dysfunction is a general term to reflect pain in the SI joints. Causes of SI joint pain include...
SAPHO syndrome is a chronic disorder that involves the skin, bone, and joints. SAPHO syndrome is an eponym for the combination of...
Sarcoidosis, a disease resulting from chronic inflammation, causes small lumps (granulomas) to develop in a great range of body...
Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue. It is characterized by the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Sever condition is an inflammation of the growth plate of the bone at the back of the heel where the Achilles tendon attaches....
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....
Sjögren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease involving the abnormal production of extra antibodies that attack the glands and...
The five types of spondylolisthesis include dysplastic, isthmic, degenerative, traumatic, and pathologic. The most common symptom...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Takayasu disease (also referred to as Takayasu arteritis) is a chronic inflammation of the aorta and its branch arteries....
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...
How to Get Rid of Bone Spurs
A bone spur is a small, sharp outgrowth of bone. They can come from local trauma to the bone, cartilage or tendon near where a...
Trigger Finger (Stenosing Tenosynovitis)
Trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis) is a condition in which a finger tries to snap closed while gripping. This painful...
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis
Granulomatosis with polyangiitis is a condition that usually affects young or middle-aged adults, is an inflammation of the...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Acute Systemic Lupus
Acute systemic lupus erythematosus. See a picture of Acute Systemic Lupus and learn more about the health topic....
Ankylosing Spondylitis Quiz: Symptoms & Treatment
What is ankylosing spondylitis? Take this quiz to learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments for this painful disorder....
Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ankylosing spondylitis (AS)? Ankylosing spondylitis is arthritis of the spine. It causes symptoms like stiffness and...
Arthritis: 16 Bad Habits That Cause Joint Pain
Being overweight, wearing uncomfortable shoes, or carrying a heavy purse can make joint pain and arthritis symptoms worse. Some...
Arthritis: Causes and Treatment for Joint Stiffness and Pain
Arthritis and injuries can leave your joints swollen, tender, and damaged. Discover treatments for morning stiffness, sore...
Back Pain: Common Spine Problems
That stack of little bones along the center of your back has a key role to support and control your body. What happens when...
Picture of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
A type of compression neuropathy (nerve damage) caused by compression and irritation of the median nerve in the wrist. See a...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Quiz: Symptoms & Treatment
Exhausted all the time? Maybe it's not all in the mind. Take the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Quiz to learn more about tricky...
Gout: Foods That Help and Hurt
Did you know your diet can trigger a painful gout attack? WebMD shows you which foods can help and hurt your chronic gout....
Picture of Gout
Condition characterized by abnormally elevated levels of uric acid in the blood, recurring attacks of joint inflammation...
Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
Gout attacks (gouty arthritis) are caused by crystals of uric acid deposits. Learn about symptoms, causes, treatments and...
Gout Quiz: What is Gout? Is There a Gout Diet?
Learn what causes those painful crystals to form during a gout flare. Take the Gout Quiz to learn all about this painful...
Picture of Hip
Hip pain is the sensation of discomfort in or around the hip joint, where the upper end (head) of the thigh bone (femur) fits...
Picture of Knee Joint
The knee joint has three parts. See a picture of Knee Joint and learn more about the health topic....
OA Knee Replacement: Before and After
Find out what to expect with knee replacement surgery in this WebMD slideshow....
Picture of Lupus
A chronic inflammatory condition caused by an autoimmune disease. See a picture of Lupus Rash and learn more about the health...
Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
What is Lupus? Learn about lupus symptoms like butterfly rash, joint pain and fatigue. Find causes, diagnosis, and treatments for...
Picture of Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is transmitted through a bite from a specific type of tick. See a picture of Lyme Disease and learn more about the...
Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi transmitted to humans through infected deer ticks. Lyme disease...
Lyme Disease Quiz: Symptoms & Signs
What you do not know about Lyme disease may surprise you. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications of this...
Neck Pain: Causes and Treatment for Relief
What causes chronic neck pain? If you have poor posture, bad sleep habits, or spine problems, these issues can lead to a stiff...
Exercises for Osteoarthritis -- Yoga, Swimming, & More
Check out this slideshow on Active Living From Day to Night with Osteoarthritis. Even with arthritis you can keep your active...
Fun With Kids and More Ways to Live With OA in Pictures
You can still have lots of fun with children despite arthritis. Our experts uncover ways to spend time with your kids or...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...
Osteoarthritis: 15 Tips to Improve Daily Living With OA
Osteoarthritis joint pain can make it hard to carry out activities of daily living. Cartilage destruction can cause symptoms like...
Osteoarthritis (OA): Treatment, Symptoms, Diagnosis
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease affecting both cartilage and bone. Joints most often affected by...
Picture of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage of one or more...
Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms, Treatment, Images
What is psoriatic arthritis? Psoriatic arthritis is an arthritis type that comes with psoriasis (skin inflammation). Psoriatic...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Rheumatoid Arthritis Quiz: What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
How is rheumatoid arthritis different from other forms of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis and gout? Take the Rheumatoid...
Famous Faces With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Learn more about the famous faces of rheumatoid arthritis such as Lucille Ball, Glenn Frey, and more....
Picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 2
Erythematous, edematous plaques appear in a "butterfly" distribution on the face. See a picture of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus...
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Quiz: Test Your SLE IQ
This Lupus Quiz covers causes, signs, symptoms, facts, and treatments for this inflammatory autoimmune disease....
Tendinitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
If your tendons get irritated and swollen, you might have tendinitis. Learn the symptoms and find out how you can prevent and...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Antinuclear Antibody Test
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for Arthritis
- Citrulline Antibody
- Cortisone Injection
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Joint Aspiration (Arthrocentesis)
- Joint Replacement Surgery of the Hand
- Rheumatoid Factor (RF)
- Sedimentation Rate
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Ankle Pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (Bechterew's Disease)
- Buttock Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cold Fingers
- Elbow Pain
- Finger Pain
- Foot Pain
- Heel Pain
- Hip Pain
- Joint Cracking (Joint Popping)
- Joint Deformity
- Joint Pain
- Joint Redness
- Joint Stiffness
- Joint Warmth
- Kawasaki Disease
- Knee Pain
- Loss of Temperature Sensation
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Hand and Finger Numbness
- Numbness Toes
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Repetitive Motion Disorder
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Shoulder Pain
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Swollen Joints
- Swollen Knee
- Toe Pain
- Unsteady Gait
- Wrist Pain
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- What Is ANA-Negative Lupus?
- What Is a Healthy Range of Antinuclear Antibodies (ANAs)?
- Does Double-Stranded DNA Mean You Have Lupus?
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Pregnancy
- Can Radiation Treat Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Arthritis Drugs & New Medications-2001 National Meeting Reports
- Arthritis: 2001 Reports from National Meeting
- Arthritis Medications
- Arthritis National Meeting 2005 Reports
- Arthritis or Injury: Ice or Heat - Which To Apply
- Arthritis Roller Coaster
- Arava Approved For Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthritis: 2002 National Arthritis Meeting
- Arthritis - Whether Weather Affects Arthritis
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
- Can You Get Gout in Your Back?
- Bacterium Discovered In Arteries With Giant Cell Arteritis
- Gout - Arthritis Meeting 2003
- Gout & Aspirin
- Can Gout Cause Aplastic Anemia?
- Can I Get a Massage with Spondylitis?
- Can My Diet Improve Arthritis?
- Smoking: A New Risk - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Can Surgery Cure Raynaud's Disease?
- Gout & Pseudogout - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Can You Prevent Osteoarthritis?
- Not Carpal Tunnel, but Tendinitis
- Can You Regrow Cartilage?
- Celebrex - New Arthritis Drug
- What Is the Prognosis for Osteoarthritis?
- Arthritis in Children - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Benefits
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chronotherapy - Tunes In to Body's Rhythms
- Are Lupus and Psychosis Connected?
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Cox-2 Inhibitors Dilemma: What Patients Should Do
- Does Discoid Lupus Cause Enlarged Spleen?
- What Is a Good DISH Diet and Fitness Routine?
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- Doctor Visit - Do You Mind - If I Come In Too
- Doctors and Patients Working Together
- Does Eating Meat Make Tendonitis Worse?
- Does Lipitor Help Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Pain and Stress: Endorphins: Natural Pain and Stress Fighters
- What Kind of Doctor Treats Ankylosing Spodylitis & Reactive Arthritis?
- Gout: 2004 Perspectives
- Arthritis: Dr. Shiels Handshake
- Can Glucosamine Treat Arthritis?
- Should You Exercise with Gout Inflammation?
- Can You Get Gout in Your Small Toe?
- Can Gout Nodules Be Surgically Removed?
- Gout Symptoms
- Can Blood Pressure Make Gout Worse?
- Are Hidradenitis and Rheumatoid Arthritis Related?
- Hip Bursitis Treatment
- What Causes Early Onset of Hip Osteoarthritis?
- Hip Fracture Prevention - Hip Protectors
- Holiday Message from Dr. Shiel
- What Are Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- How Accurate Are Skin Biopsies?
- How Can I Get Rid of Heberden's Nodes?
- How Do Arthritis Symptoms Start?
- How Is Arthritis Diagnosed?
- Is Inflammatory Arthritis the Same as Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Is Lupus Hereditary?
- Kineret (anakinra) for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Lupus Nephritis Treatment
- Lupus: Pain in Neck & Back
- Can Lupus Cause Hip Pain?
- Does Lupus Affect the Spine?
- Lupus - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Is Lupus Genetic?
- Lyme Disease Is on the Rise
- Does Magnetic Therapy for Arthritis Work?
- MCTD vs. UCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease vs. Undifferentiated ConnectiveTissue Disease)
- How Does Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD) Affect Pregnancy?
- Can Methotrexate Cause Growths on Your Wrist?
- How Ofter Does Methotrexate Cure Scleroderma?
- Myositis Muscle (Pain and Inflammation) Serious Drug Interactions
- National Arthritis Meeting 2003
- National Arthritis Meeting 2004
- Do NSAIDs Interact With Coumadin?
- What Can You Take for MCTD Inflammation Beside NSAIDs?
- Is There a Test for Fibromyalgia?
- Osteoarthritis - Vitamin D May Prevent Progression
- Osteoarthritis 2002 Arthritis Conference Report
- Osteoarthritis of the Hands
- Osteoarthritis Symptoms
- Osteoarthritis vs. Carpal Tunnel: What's the Difference?
- What Are the Side Effects of Glucosamine?
- What Kind of Joint Injections Treat Osteoarthritis?
- Can You Be Too Young for a Knee Replacement?
- Osteoarthritis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Osteoarthritis: 2004 Perspectives
- Osteoporosis: 2004 Perspectives
- Pain Management: OTC NSAIDs - Doctors Dialogue
- Can Fifth Disease Cause Arthritis Pain?
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pregnancy
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Is Polyarteritis Nodosa Different from Lupus?
- Rheumatic: Rare Rheumatic Conditions 2001 Meeting
- What's the Prognosis for Raynaud's Phenomenon?
- Psoriasis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis Share One Gene
- Psoriatic Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis - 2001 Meeting
- AS and Psoriatic Arthritis - Arthritis Meeting 2003
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Joint Symptoms and Signs: What Do They Mean?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Living With a Chronic Disease
- Is There a Connection Between Positive ANA and Miscarriage?
- Arthritis Drugs and New Meds: 2004 Perspectives
- Arthritis: Reports from 2003 Arthritis Meeting
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2003 National Meeting
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives: 2004 National Meeting
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Which Patients Do Best?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis vs. Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- Should You Avoid Drinking Soda with Rheumatoid Arthrits?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- What Are the Side Effects of Remicade for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Scleroderma Elbow Tip Pains
- Scleroderma Symptoms and Signs
- What Is the Relationship Between GERD and Scleroderma?
- Scleroderma - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- What Is Meant by Seronegative Arthritis?
- Sjogren's Syndrome Antigen . . . Getting at the Cause
- Sjogren's Syndrome Symptoms, Signs, and Diagnosis
- What are The Symptoms of Lupus in a Child?
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 2002 Arthritis Conference Report
- SLE Report - 2003 Arthritis Conference
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: 2004 Perspectives
- How Does Ankylosing Spondylitis Affect Eyes and How Is It Treated?
- What Is a Spondylitis Exercise Program?
- Can I Exercise with Spondylolisthesis and Stenosis?
- Is Still's Disease Contagious?
- Perspectives Of Ankylosing Spondylitis & Psoriatic Arthritis 2004
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Perspectives:2002 National Meeting
- What Causes Arthritis and Baker's Cyst?
- Treatment Update on Rheumatoid Arthritis
- What Is a Triple Arthrodesis Surgical Procedure?
- What Are the Different Types of Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Ultrasound Imaging of Joints in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Is It Dangerous to Use Antibiotics Excessively or Inappropriately?
- Vasculitis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Drug Withdrawn - Vioxx, A Perspective After National Arthritis Meeting
- What Are Osteophytes?
- What Are Safe Exercises with Lupus?
- What Are Symptoms of Ischial Bursitis?
- Cox-2 Inhibitors, What's Next? - Expert Panel Votes
- What Are the Side Effects of Prednisone for Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- What Are the Triggers of Psoriasis?
- What Causes Bone Spurs on the Spine?
- Elbow Pain -- Star Pitcher Out
- What Is a Pediatric Rheumatologist?
- What Is a Yersinia Arthritic Infection?
- What Is Reiter Syndrome?
- What Is Sero Negative Arthritis?
- Tennis Elbow: What Is Tennis Elbow?
- What Is the Treatment for Avascular Necrosis?
- What's the Rheumatoid Arthritis Prognosis?
- Will Rheumatoid Arthritis Nodules Go Away?
- Side Effects of Zyloprim (Allopurinol) for Kidney Damage Prevention
Medications & Supplements
- abatacept, Orencia
- adalimumab, Humira
- anakinra, Kineret
- apremilast (Otezla)
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- auranofin, Ridaura
- gold sodium thiomalate; aurothiomalate, Myochrysine
- azathioprine (Azasan)
- belimumab, Benlysta
- calcium salts (Cal-Citrate, Calcitrate, Calcium Chloride, Rolaids, Oyster Shell, Tums, and others)
- celecoxib (Celebrex)
- certolizumab, Cimzia
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- colchicine (Colcrys)
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- dexamethasone (Decadron, DexPak)
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- diclofenac and misoprostol (Arthrotec)
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- febuxostat (Uloric)
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid)
- golimumab (Simponi, Simponi Aria)
- hyaluronate (hyaluronan, Hyalgan, Supartz, Euflexxa, Orthovisc)
- hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- hylan G-F 20 (Synvisc, Synvisc One)
- infliximab, Remicade
- ixekizumab (Taltz)
- leflunomide (Arava)
- meclofenamate; Meclomen
- meloxicam (Mobic) Side Effects
- methylprednisolone (Medrol)
- oxaprozin, Daypro
- penicillamine, Cuprimine, Depen
- phenylbutazone, Butazolidine
- piroxicam, Feldene
- potassium citrate (Urocit-K)
- prednisolone (Orapred, Pediapred)
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- probenecid, (Benemid - brand no longer available)
- propoxyphene, Darvon, Darvon-N, Dolene
- Remicade vs. Humira
- rofecoxib, Vioxx
- salsalate, Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-G
- secukinumab (Cosentyx)
- Predinsone Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- sulfinpyrazone (Anturane - discontinued in the US)
- sulindac (Clinoril)
- tocilizumab, Actemra
- Tofacitinib citrate (Xeljanz)
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
- valdecoxib, Bextra
- Reclast (zoledronic acid)
Prevention & Wellness
- After a Stroke, Your Bones Need Care
- Anxious Women May Want to Keep an Eye on Their Bone Health
- Benlysta Approved for Children With Lupus
- Bone Drug Could Be Helping More Women: Study
- Brisk Walks May Help, Not Harm, Arthritic Knees
- Can Arthritic Dogs (and Their Owners) Benefit From Stem Cell Injections?
- Cimzia Approved for Inflammatory Arthritis
- Could You Be Short on Vitamin D?
- Evenity Approved for Osteoporotic Women
- Exercising With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Genes, Not Diet, May Be Key to Gout Flare-Ups
- Gout Drug Uloric Increases Risk of Death: FDA
- Gut Microbes May Help Drive Lupus, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Foods that Reduce Inflammation
- Health Tip: Get More Vitamin D
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Bone Fractures
- Health Tip: Joint Popping and Cracking
- Health Tip: Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Removing a Stuck Ring
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Male Osteoporosis
- Health Tip: Understanding Autoimmune Disorders
- Health Tip: Understanding Hip Replacement Surgery
- Health Tip: What to Eat if You Have Arthritis
- Healthful Diet & Healthy Bones
- Injected Drug May Be New Weapon Against Gout
- Is Your Hand Pain Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel or Something Else?
- Later-Life Fractures Up Risk of Early Death
- More Active Lupus Linked to Childhood Events
- One Woman's Case Gives New Hope Against Disfiguring Sarcoidosis
- Study Sees No Link Between Gout Drug, Kidney Disease
- One Short, Brisk Walk a Day May Keep Arthritis at Bay
- Reduce Weight, Reduce the Arthritic Knee Pain
- Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis Can Show Up Long Before Diagnosis
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure as Kids Tied to Women's Arthritis
- Skeletons Mature Earlier Now, Affecting Orthopedic Treatments
- Tennis Elbow 'Treatments' Bring Little Relief: Study
- Vitamin D Supplements Won't Build Bone Health in Older Adults: Study
- Walking, Not Riding, Boosts Health in Golfers With Knee Woes
- Health Tip: What To Expect From Joint Replacement Surgery
- Why a Knee Replacement Can Go Bad
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- 7 Potential Complications of Untreated Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- A Lupus Widower Laments to Friends
- A Spouse Can Help Ease the Pain of Osteoarthritis
- Arthritis: Alternative Ways to Easing Arthritis Pain
- Arthritis and Exercise, How Do I Start?
- Arthritis Better With Diet & Exercise
- Arthritis Diet Claims: Fact or Fiction
- Arthritis Disability
- Arthritis: Can 'Chi' Ease Arthritis Pain?
- Arthritis: Hobbies Help Arthritic Hands
- Arthritis:Total costs for Arthritis
- Benlysta (belimumab) Approved for Lupus Treatment
- Bextra Label With New Warnings
- Bones....How Many, And What Do They Do?
- Breastfeeding Shields Mom from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Doctor Gets Plant Thorn Arthritis
- Ergonomics: Computer Workstations Lighting
- Ergonomics: Keyboard and Mouse Setup (Computer)
- Exercises Can Ease Arthritis Pain
- FDA Makes Statement on Naproxen (Aleve)
- Fibromyalgia and Diet
- Fighting a Mysterious Disease
- Gout History
- How to Defend Yourself
- Humira, Drug for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Injecting Relief
- Insight Into - Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint Cracking...Fact & Fiction
- Joint Pain Not Inevitable with Age
- Kathleen Turner Raises Awareness About RA
- Knee-Jerk Reflex
- Life with an Autoimmune Disease
- Lupus Fact Sheet
- Lyme Disease, 6 Prevention & Treatment Tips
- Lyme Disease: Should Your Child Be Vaccinated?
- Lyme Disease: Worried?
- Magnet Mania
- Moving Meditation: Tai Chi for Arthritis Relief
- National Arthritis Month
- Osteoarthritis Most Common Reason Hip, Knee Replace
- Osteoporosis: New Drug Forteo
- Paget's Disease of Bone and Osteoarthritis: Different Yet Related
- Painkiller Vioxx Pulled From Market Alert
- Pfizer Suspends Sales of Bextra
- Economically Challenged, Ethnically Diverse Don't Comply with Arthritis Regimen
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Specific References
- Rheumatologist...The Arthritis Buster
- Tick-Borne Dangers
- Vioxx: The Pros and Cons of Other Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Hormones: Weak in the Knees?
- World Lupus Day, Late Onset Lupus Fact Sheet