Shape-up shoes were designed to tone your lower limbs while exercising. Many studies have shown that there are no proven benefits of these shoes, and these shoes may actually increase the risk of fall accidents and injuries during workouts. Read more: Are Shape-Up Shoes Bad for You? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Fitness and Exercise: Worst Things to Eat or Drink Before a Workout
You never want to go to the gym while your stomach rumbles, but here are some things to avoid having prior to your workout.
Mistakes You’re Making With Your Shoes (And How to Fix Them)
Fashion often trumps function in the shoe world. Learn why it's a bad idea to shop for shoes online, how to find a good fit in...
Exercise and Fitness: The 7-Minute Workout
The 7-minute workout provides a free, convenient way to get and stay fit. Discover these short, quick exercises that use your own...
Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them
Working out is supposed to make you healthier--but some exercises can leave your body at risk of pain or injury. Some exercises...
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
17 Must-Try Fitness Workouts in Pictures
Learn the latest exercise crazes such as TRX, pole dancing, Zumba, Kangoo jumps, boot camps, exergames and more that are designed...
Related Disease Conditions
What Should I Eat 30 Minutes Before a Workout?
Your pre-workout meal often depends on your choice of workout. The best things to eat 30 minutes before a workout include oats, protein shakes, bananas, whole grains, yogurt, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, caffeine and smoothies.
What Are the Benefits of Leg Workout?
Legs are the pillars for a healthy body and training them should be a top priority for overall physique and health. There are 12 common benefits of having strong legs.
Is It OK to Wear Shapewear Every Day?
Millions of people wear shapewear to enhance the fit of their clothes. Wearing very tight-fitting shapewear every day puts you at risk for some health issues. If your shapewear is too tight or ill-fitting, your risk of problems increases.
Can I Do a Full-body Workout Every Day?
A full-body workout means many groups of muscles are working at once. This helps to achieve greater workout results from a lesser number of exercises.
What Are Earthing Shoes?
Earthing, also called grounding, refers to the idea that staying in touch with the earth or ground has a positive impact on your health. Some practitioners call it a therapeutic technique whereas others call it pseudoscience. People who ground themselves for health reasons consider that they are exposed to dangerously high levels of electromagnetic radiation due to the modern electromagnetic fields used in microwaves, mobile, and internet connectivity.
How Many Days a Week Should You Not Workout?
Working out is key to staying fit and healthy, but people sometimes overdo it. Research shows that most adults should take one or two full rest days every week. The exact number of recommended rest days depends on a range of factors like your age and activity levels.
What Leg Workouts Can I Do at Home?
Exercises that help tone the legs benefit the legs, the spine as well as the other body parts. These exercises help burn calories, reduce cholesterol, and reduce the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), and arthritis.
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- When to Replace Athletic Shoes
- Health Tip: Avoid Tight Shoes
- Health Tip: Make Sure Kids' Shoes Fit Well
- Health Tip: Choose the Right Shoes for Sports
- Health Tip: Buy the Right Running Shoes
- Health Tip: Choose the Right Shoes
- Health Tip: Select Running Shoes Based on Your Arches
- Health Tip: Shopping for Teens' Shoes
- Health Tip: Shopping for Athletic Shoes
- Health Tip: Choosing Walking Shoes
- Health Tip: Buying Children's Shoes
- Health Tip: Shoes Too Tight?
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Running Shoes
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Athletic Shoes
- Health Tip: Choosing Athletic Shoes
- Health Tip: Buying Athletic Shoes
- Running Shoes: Don't Pay More
- Roller Shoes Risky
- Exercise for Energy: Workouts That Work
- Exercising in the Heat: Tips to Workout Safely
- Lunch Hour Workout
- Exercise: The Maintain Your Weight Workout
- Exercise: His and Her Workouts
- Fitness: Great Summer Workouts
- Workout: Try a Kinder, Gentler Workout
- Exercise at Your Desk: The At-Work Workout
- Workouts: Feel the Post-Workout Burn -- Less
- Workout Devices Get Rated
- Shoes: New Airport Health Hazard
- Fitness: Wet Workout Basics