Meal replacement and powder protein shakes can aid in weight loss, however, simply relying on these shakes can result in significant nutritional deficiencies. Read more: Are Meal Replacement Shakes Good for Weight Loss? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Vitamins and Supplements: What to Know Before You Take Herbal Supplements
Not all herbs and supplements are safe, especially if you have certain medical conditions or take some drugs. Find out which ones...
Diet and Weight Loss: Reasons You're Not Losing Belly Fat
If you're trying to lose belly fat but can't, there's probably a reason.
Diet and Weight Loss: Your Best Ways to Beat Belly Fat
Could your job be to blame for your belly fat? It might be, if it stresses you out. But there are a number of ways to get rid of...
Signs You're Not Getting Enough Protein
Are you getting enough protein in your diet? Learn to spot the warning signs of protein deficiency, who is the most at risk, and...
Weight Loss Challenges: Why Can't I Lose Weight?
Finding it difficult to lose weight? It’s a hard thing to do, and there are some surprising reasons you may not be losing weight...
10 Metabolism Boosting Facts and Myths
Losing weight by increasing your metabolism is challenging. There are many metabolism myths and only a few surefire tricks to get...
How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss Tips
Here are the best ways to lose weight. From calories to fitness, learn these weight loss tips and win your battle with losing...
Weight Loss Quiz: Test Your Weight Control IQ
Are you trying to lose weight? Take this quiz to see what you can add to routine to get on the right track for results!
Vitamins and Supplements: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Vitamins & Supplements Quiz to learn just how many essential vitamins your body needs to function!
Diet and Nutrition: Protein Sources That Aren’t Meat
Pack your pantry with these high-protein beans, seeds, nuts, and grains.
Diet and Weight Loss: Morning Habits to Help You Lose Weight
Your morning habits can help you lose weight. Learn tips for healthy eating, better sleep, and mind/body wellness.
Diet and Weight Loss: Why Are You Always Hungry?
What are the causes of hunger? There are more reasons you get hungry than just an empty stomach. Food cravings, pregnancy, blood...
Diet and Weight Loss: Healthy Fat Foods
From fish to avocados, nuts to beans, WebMD shows you what tasty foods have healthy fats. See the benefits of adding omega 3s and...
Fitness and Exercise: Best Exercises for Weight Loss
If you’re trying to lose weight, some exercises might be better than others. Check out these 11 choices you can put in your...
Related Disease Conditions
Weight Loss - The Basics
There are lots of reasons for people who are overweight or obese to lose weight. To be healthier. To look better. To feel better. To have more energy.
7 Scientifically Proven Ways to Lose Weight Fast
Weight loss can be a challenging and time-consuming process. The seven scientifically proven ways to lose weight include eating well, setting weight loss goals, exercising, and using other strategies.
How Do I Figure Out My Calorie Deficit?
When your calorie intake is lower than what your body needs to complete these three functions, it leads to a calorie deficit. You can manually calculate your calorie deficit by first knowing your TDEE.
What Happens When You Eat Too Much Protein?
Our body uses protein to build the muscles and organs, deliver oxygen to the cells, and keep the immune system working. Most people should get at least 10-15% of their daily calories from protein.
What Do You Eat on Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a system of time-restricted eating. Eat a variety of lean meats, low-fat dairy, vegetables, fruits, beans, and lentils when you are on an intermittent fasting diet.
What Is the Best Vitamin Supplement to Take?
Dietary supplements are a general term that includes vitamins, minerals, botanicals, probiotics and other products to supplement the diet. The best vitamin supplement differs from person to person depending on their gender, age and any health conditions they have.
Diet Pills, Weight Loss Drugs, Suppressants
Maintaining a healthy weight is important because being overweight or underweight may lead to various health issues. Body mass index or BMI is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by the square of their height in meters.
Weight Loss Pills and Supplements: Do They Work?
A bodyweight over the healthy limit is associated with several health conditions, such as diabetes, heart diseases, and certain cancers. According to health experts, long-term weight loss can be safely attained by making healthy lifestyle changes like healthy eating patterns, limiting calorie intake, and doing regular physical activity. Many people, however, are not able to make these healthy lifestyle changes.
What Are the Most Effective Tips in Weight Loss?
If you want to lose weight, you may have been told to count calories. The most effective tips for weight loss include eating well, exercising regularly, and altering your lifestyle to achieve your goals.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Vitamins and Supplements FAQs
- Weight Loss FAQs
- Dietary Supplements Can Cause Liver Damage
- Should I Take Protein Supplements After Exercise?
- Should I Take Fat Burning Supplements?
- Weight Loss Tips to Start Your Diet off Right
- Meal Replacements: Choose Those Bars and Drinks Carefully
- Protein For Health and Weight Loss
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- New Weight-Loss Drug Looks Good in Trial
- Calorie Count: Eating Early Doesn't Boost Weight Loss
- Fitness Key to Long-Term Weight Loss Success
- Dietary Supplements Do Nothing for You: Study
- Follow the Mediterranean Diet for Weight Loss, Too
- Go Vegan to Jumpstart Weight Loss
- How to Maintain That Weight Loss
- Restaurant Rules for Weight Loss
- Weighing Portions Adds Up to Weight Loss
- Health Tip: Make Healthier Choices for Weight Loss
- Ways to Track Weight Loss Success
- Counting Your Way to Weight Loss
- Diet Supplement May Help Prevent Kidney Stones: Study
- Keeping That Weight Loss Resolution
- Health Tip: Debunking Myths About Weight Loss
- Texting Your Way to Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Now for Sale
- Boot Camps: Weapons in Weight Loss Battle
- Rx for Weight Loss
- The 3-Day Military Diet
- Weight Loss
- The Baby Food Diet (for Weight Loss)
- Do Dietary Supplements Help You Lose Weight?
- Does Boosting Metabolism Help With Weight Loss?
- Are Protein Shakes Good for Weight Loss?
- Which Protein Powder Is Most Effective?
- Are Protein Powders Good for You?
- Is Baby Food Good for Weight Loss?
- Weight Loss Diets: Find the Best Diet for You
- Weight Loss: Choosing a Diet Buddy
- Weight Loss: 4 Ways to Get That Diet Going
- Weight Loss Wake-Up Call
- Weight Loss: Is Weight Loss Surgery for You?
- Weight Loss: Am I Overweight?
- Diet Shakes: Sipping to Slimness
- Protein Power
- Dietary Supplement Could Blind You
- Weight Loss - offbeat ways
- Weight Loss: Ten Steps to Losing Weight
- Diet Supplement Ephedra Banned
- Weight Loss Pills Among U.S. Adults