Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Common Causes of Foot Pain
Learn about common causes of foot pain such as bunions, corns, athlete's foot, plantar warts and more. Get the latest information...
Worst Shoes for Your Foot Health and Beauty With Pictures
Stilettos, platforms or flip-flops...which are the worst shoes for your feet? See how some of the hottest styles can be torture...
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
Related Disease Conditions
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
Psoriatic arthritis is a disease that causes skin and joint inflammation. Symptoms include painful, stiff, and swollen joints,...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
A broken foot is a common injury. There are 26 bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of...
Swollen Ankles and Swollen Feet
Swollen ankles and swollen feet is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition such as edema, medications, pregnancy,...
Heel spurs -- pointed, bony outgrowths of the heel -- are caused by localized soft-tissue inflammation and can be located at the...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Bone spurs are pointy outgrowths of bone that develop in areas of inflammation or injury. They commonly occur on the heel and...
Achilles Tendon Rupture
The Achilles tendon is the body's largest and strongest tendon. Repeated stress is the usual cause of a ruptured Achilles tendon....
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Broken Bone (Types of Bone Fractures)
A broken bone is a fracture. There are different types of fractures, such as: compressed, open, stress, greenstick,...
Sprains and Strains
An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, and an injury to muscle or tendon is called a strain. Sprains and strains may be...
Reactive arthritis is a chronic, systemic rheumatic disease characterized by three conditions, including conjunctivitis, joint...
Dislocated Ankle (Ankle Dislocation)
Symptoms and signs of a dislocated ankle include pain, swelling, bruising, ankle deformity, and possible numbness and tingling in...
Rotator Cuff Disease
Rotator cuff disease is damage to any of the four tendons that stabilize the shoulder joint. Shoulder pain and tenderness are...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Ulcers
Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are prescribed medications for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Examples of...
Flatfoot (Pes Planus)
Flatfoot is a disorder in which the foot's entire sole is touching the ground while standing. Symptoms and signs of flatfoot...
Sever condition is an inflammation of the growth plate of the bone at the back of the heel where the Achilles tendon attaches....
Ankle Pain And Tendinitis - Symptoms
How long did the symptoms of your ankle pain and tendinitis last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?Post View 37 Comments
Ankle Pain and Tendinitis - Treatments
What treatments were effective for your ankle pain and tendinitis?Post View 14 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Orthopedic Surgeon in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Leg Pain
- Joint Pain
- Ankle Pain
- Arm Pain
- Swollen Ankles and/or Swollen Feet
- Foot Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Knee Pain
- Groin Pain
- Swollen Joints
- Unsteady Gait
- Joint Redness
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Joint Warmth
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- Narcotic Pain Medications (Opioids, Analgesics, Narcotics)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- codeine (for Pain)
- cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril, Amrix, Fexmid)
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone: Which Is Better for Pain?
- Oxycodone: for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Oxycodone vs. Tramadol for Pain
- hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, Dilaudid-HP Injection, Exalgo) for Pain
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Percocet vs. Lortab for Pain
- carisoprodol (Soma)
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- sulindac, Clinoril
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- OTC Pain Relievers and Fever Reducers
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- salsalate, Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-G
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: At Risk of a Sprained Ankle?
- Better Way to Treat Seniors' Ankle Fractures?
- Health Tip: Recognizing Achilles Tendinitis
- Ruling Out Unneeded Ankle X-Rays for Kids
- Symptoms of Ankle Fracture
- Levaquin Approved to Treat or Prevent Plague
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Experts Offer Advice After Yankee Pitcher's Trampoline Injury
- Brief Meditation Training Brings Pain Relief
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter