Patient Comments: Angina - Share Your Experience

Please describe your experience with angina. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

During the past two weeks, I have had what I thought were mild heart attacks. They occurred while walking, but the feeling went away when I stopped. Then yesterday, I was just getting up and, wham – I thought I was dying. I got scared enough to go to the ER. My EKG came back normal (of course) and they diagnosed me with atypical chest pain. I disagree with the diagnosis, though. Something was going on in my body, for sure. The fact that it occurred while walking, and again when just getting up, along with the fact that it went away after lying down for a couple hours, makes me think it is angina. I will return to the ER if I get an attack like that again – I just can't believe it's just a strange pain in my chest, jaw, and arm, with my left hand going numb. Even after the pain was gone, I was weak, and short of breath still. I know the difference between a panic attack (it wasn't), indigestion, and something else. So I will have to return when it happens again.

Comment from: Anan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 27

The pain is interval and only at times in the chest, along with a high heart rate.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter