Patient Comments: Angina - Types

What type of angina do you have? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: pratt, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have chest pain, shortness of breath and tiredness all the time; naps don't energize me anymore. Nitrostat takes my pain away but not right away, I had my 1st heart attack on May 31, 2013 due to cocaine overdose. I've been having these pains since then. Though I am clean and have been for 7 months now I'm still experiencing these symptoms.

Comment from: forreal, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I stopped taking my statin last week, so it's a dull ache on my left side under left breast. I started on a better diet. I am just tired of taking so many pills, high blood pressure and diabetes medicine. I was on 20 mg of simvastatin. I had a couple of test on arteries no problem there. I will perhaps break 20 mg into 10, then off.

Comment from: Joe, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

My angina symptoms were deep pains in my chest, which spread through my spinal cord between the shoulder blades. I couldn't walk for long. I couldn't sleep neither could I eat. But the doctor said my blood pressure was normal. I was very confused, panicked of death because I was suffering. I was given seven injections by my doctor, not instantly but thank goodness the last two injections saved me. I slept and woke up and the chest pains had vanished. My doctor used a powder-like injection which he mixed with something and injected me. I am healed now.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter