Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin in the blood. The oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood is, therefore, decreased. There are several types of anemia such as iron deficiency anemia (the most common type), sickle cell anemia, vitamin B12 anemia, pernicious anemia, and aplastic anemia. Symptoms of anemia may include
Treatment for anemia includes treating the underlying cause for the condition. Iron supplements, vitamin B12 injections, and certain medications may also be necessary.Read more: Anemia Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Colon Cancer: Symptoms, Signs, Screening, Stages
Colorectal cancer (colon cancer) is the cause of many cancer deaths. Learn about the warning signs, symptoms, screening process,...
Ulcerative Colitis Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Ulcerative Colitis is a form of inflammatory bowel disease and is slightly different than Crohn's disease. Your diet can impact...
The 14 Most Common Causes of Fatigue
Always feeling tired? Learn more about the causes of fatigue. Get tips to relieve symptoms of fatigue. Feel less tired and start...
Crohn's Disease Causes, Symptoms, Diet
What is Crohn's disease? Get more information on this digestive disorder and how Crohn's can affect your diet. Learn more about...
Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
What is Lupus? Learn about lupus symptoms like butterfly rash, joint pain and fatigue. Find causes, diagnosis, and treatments for...
HIV AIDS Facts: Symptoms and Treatments
What is HIV AIDS (human immunodeficiency virus-acquired immunodeficiency syndrome)? Discover myths and facts about living with...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
Celiac Disease: Symptoms, Gluten in Foods, Gluten Allergy Tests, and More
Do you suffer from celiac disease? Learn about diet, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments for this digestive disorder that occurs...
Symptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
What is mononucleosis (mono)? Learn about mononucleosis (mono) symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis. Discover how mononucleosis...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Restless leg syndrome (RLS), an annoying, sometimes painful disorder that keeps millions of people awake at night. What are the...
HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
Now, more than ever, you should know about HIV/AIDS, especially its causes, symptoms treatments, and complications. Take the...
Infertility Quiz: Test Your IQ of Infertility
What is the medical definition of infertility? Take the Infertility Quiz to learn the risks and treatment of infertility. Our...
Celiac Disease Quiz: What Is Celiac Disease?
Could celiac disease be the cause of your tummy troubles? Take the Celiac Disease Quiz to learn what certain foods may be doing...
Crohn's Disease Quiz
What causes Crohn's disease? What are the symptoms of Crohn's disease? How is Crohn's treated? Take this quiz to get the facts...
Alcohol Quiz: Alcoholism & Health Effects
Take the Alcohol (Alcoholism) Quiz to learn how your alcohol is processed by your body and your brain....
Vitamin D Quiz: Test Your IQ of Dietary Supplements
What happens to the body when there is a vitamin D deficiency? Take the Vitamin D Quiz to find out what you may be missing....
Blood and Bleeding Disorders Quiz
Exactly what is sickle cell anemia? Learn about sickle cell and other diseases by testing your IQ with the Blood and Bleeding...
Leukemia Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What do you know about leukemia? Did you know there are different types? What are the symptoms? Take the Leukemia Quiz and test...
Picture of Erythema Infectiosum
Fifth disease is an oddly named disease caused by a virus called parvovirus B 19. See a picture of Fifth Disease (Erythema...
Picture of HIV/AIDS
Acronym for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, the cause of AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). See a picture of HIV/AIDS...
Picture of Pernicious Anemia
Pernicious anemia is a disease where large, immature, nucleated cells (megaloblasts, which are forerunners of red blood cells)...
Visual Guide to Binge Eating Disorder
Learn about signs, symptoms, treatment, and recovery for this eating disorder. Get to know how binge eating affects emotional and...
Restless Legs Syndrome: 16 Natural Remedies and Treatment for RLS
Restless legs syndrome treatment includes natural remedies that you can implement at home. Use exercise, sleep hygiene, and...
Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Learn about infertility symptoms and types of treatment such as IVF, acupuncture, and natural methods to get pregnant. Read about...
Related Disease Conditions
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Kidney Failure (Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Causes, and Treatment)
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Blood in the Stool (Rectal Bleeding)
Blood in the stool or rectal bleeding (hematochezia) refers to the passage of bright red blood from the anus. Common causes...
Gastritis (Symptoms, Pain, Home Remedies, and Cure)
Gastritis (acute and chronic) is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach Some people have no gastritis symptoms, but when...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Bilirubin (Bilirubin Test)
Bilirubin is a waste product of the normal breakdown of red blood cells in the liver. Normal bilirubin levels vary from lab to...
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Uterine Fibroids (Benign Tumors of the Uterus)
Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors in the womb (uterus). Most uterine fibroids do not cause symptoms; however, if...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) Symptoms, Signs, Causes,Treatment
An enlarged spleen or splenomegaly, is generally caused by other diseases or conditions such as infections, cancers, blood...
There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood cells in which the growth and development of the blood cells are abnormal. Strictly...
Pernicious anemia is a blood disorder in which the body does not make enough red blood cells due to a lack of vitamin B12 in the...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Crohn's Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory disease, primarily involving the small and large intestine, but which can affect...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Normal vaginal bleeding (menorrhea) occurs through the process of menstruation. Abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are...
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of the colon. Symptoms include abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding....
Internal Bleeding (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment)
Internal bleeding occurs when an artery or vein is damaged and blood to escapes the circulatory system and collects inside the...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Genetic Disease (List, Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Prognosis)
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Ulcerative Colitis Diet
An ulcerative colitis diet plan can help a person with the disease avoid foods and drinks that trigger flares. There also are...
E. coli (0157:H7) (Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention)
There are many types of E. coli (Escherichia coli). E. coli can cause urinary tract and bladder infections, or lead to sepsis. E...
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Sickle Cell Disease (Sickle Cell Anemia)
Sickle cell anemia (sickle cell disease), a blood disease which shortens life expectancy, is cause by an inherited abnormal...
Multiple myeloma is a form of cancer that develops in plasma cells, the white blood cells that make antibodies. Symptoms include...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Graves' Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment Options)
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Beta Thalassemia is the most familiar type of thalassemia. Thalassemia is not just one disease but rather a complex series of...
Neutropenia (Causes, Symptoms, Ranges, Treatment)
Neutropenia is a marked decrease in the number of neutrophils, neutrophils being a type of white blood cell (specifically a form...
Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count)
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) refers to a decreased number of platelets in the blood. Symptoms of thrombocytopenia...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Celiac disease is a condition in which a person has inflammation of the small intestinal mucosa when exposed to gluten in the...
The Digestion Process (Organs and Functions)
Digestion is the complex process of turning the food you eat into the energy you need to survive. The digestive process also...
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)
The Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is a common cause of mononucleosis (viral pharyngitis). Symptoms and signs of an EBV infection...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
7 Reasons You Are Tired After Surgery
Postsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Heart Murmur (Symptoms, Sounds, Causes, Life Expectancy)
A heart murmur is the sound generated when blood flow within the heart is not smooth. Causes of heart murmurs can be functional,...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Intestinal Problems of IBD)
The inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC). The intestinal complications of...
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
Amebiasis (Entamoeba histolytica Infection)
Amebiasis is an infection caused by an amoeba. Signs and symptoms include bloody stools, abdominal pain, weight loss, fever, and...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Angiomyolipomas are noncancerous tumors that are typically found in the kidney, but may occur in the liver, ovary, colon, or...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Hypoxia is a condition in which the normal concentration of oxygen in the blood is not enough for normal life functions....
Though the cause of stomach cancer is unknown, risk factors for stomach cancer include diet, H. pylori infection, smoking age,...
Cupping is a type of traditional Chinese medicine that stimulates the flow of chi (qi, or energy) within the body. There are a...
Crohn's Disease vs. Ulcerative Colitis (UC): Differences and Similarities
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are diseases that cause inflammation of part of or the entire digestive tract (GI)....
Endocarditis, a serious infection of one of the four heart valves is caused by growth of bacteria on one of the heart valves;...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Hirschsprung Disease (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Hirschsprung disease is an inherited condition that is present at birth (congenital) in which the nerves of parts of the large...
G6PD deficiency (Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase) leads to a condition called hemolytic anemia. Causes of G6PD deficiency is an...
Is Malaria Contagious?
Malaria is transmitted via the bite of an infected mosquito. The incubation period for malaria depends upon the species of...
Alpha thalassemia is a disorder in which the alpha globin protein is underproduced. There are two pairs of genes that carry the...
Gaucher disease is caused by an inherited (genetic) defect in an enzyme glucocerebroside. Signs and symptoms for Gaucher...
Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by the bite of an infected sand fly. The most common types of leishmania infection are...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma
Gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma is cancer that forms in the area where the esophagus joins the stomach. Having GERD and...
Your health care provider may refer you to a genetic professional. Universities and medical centers also often have affiliated...
Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Its Prevention
Noise-induced hearing loss may be an acoustic trauma, which causes temporary hearing loss, or it may be permanent due to an acute...
Spherocytosis (Hereditary, HS)
Hereditary spherocytosis is a blood disorder that is inherited. In hereditary spherocytosis the red blood cells are sphere shaped...
Is Lupus Contagious?
Systemic lupus erythematosus in an inflammatory disease. Symptoms and signs include joint pain, fever, and rash. Though lupus is...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
Childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia is the most common type of cancer in children. Symptoms and signs include fever, easy...
Local ResourcesFind a local Hematologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Hemoglobin (Low and High Range Causes)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Colonoscopy (Test, Side Effects, Preparation, Recovery)
- Ferritin Blood Test
- Blood Transfusion
- Endoscopy (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, EGD)
- Erythropoietin (EPO Test)
- Urea Breath Test Procedure
- Fecal Occult Blood Test
- Upper GI Series (Barium Swallow)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy
- Barium Enema
- Hemodialysis (Treatment for Kidney Failure)
- Arterial Chemotherapy Infusion & Chemoembolization of Liver
- Chemotherapy Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Sore Tongue
- Cold Hands
- Brittle Nails
- Enlarged Heart
- Pale Skin
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Alcohol FAQs
- HIV-AIDS FAQs
- Blood and Bleeding Disorders FAQs
- Vitamin D FAQs
- Infertility FAQs
- Leukemia FAQs
- Restless Leg Syndrome RLS FAQs
- Celiac Disease Celiac Sprue FAQs
- Crohn's Disease FAQs
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - General
- The Broad Spectrum of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Disease
- Endometrial Cancer Symptoms
- Acquired Methemoglobinemia
- What Is Alpha Thalassemia vs. Beta Thalassemia?
- What Does the HELLP Syndrome Stand For?
- Can Gout Cause Aplastic Anemia?
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Blood Doping
- Bleeding Ulcer Symptoms and Causes
- Anemia During Pregnancy
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
Medications & Supplements
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- iron supplements
- folic acid (folate, vitamin B9, FA-8, Folacin, Folic Acid, GNC Folic Acid 400, and many more)
- epoetin alfa - injection, Epogen, Procrit
- leuprolide - injection, Lupron
- sargramostim - injection, Leukine
- Biologics (Biologic Drug Class)
- Anabolic Steroids (Oral Androgens)
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- iron dextran (Dexferrum, INFeD, Pri-Dextra, Proferdex)
- epoetin alfa, Epogen, Procrit
- cyanocobalamin (oral, Vitamin B-12)
- dong quai (Angelica sinensis, Chinese Angelica, Tang Kuei, Tan Kue Bai Zhi, Tanggwi, Toki)
- cyanocobalamine (Nascobal, Vitamin B12, VitaMelts Energy Bitamin B-12)
- iron w/stool softener sustained-release - oral
- polysaccharide iron complex, Iferex 150, Ferrex 150, Niferex 150
- iron/vitamin c sustained-release - oral, Fero-Grad, Folitab
Prevention & Wellness
- Supplement May Ease the Pain of Sickle Cell Disease
- 'BioSimilar' Drug Approved to Treat Certain Types of Anemia
- Health Tip: Symptoms of Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Leave Some Anemic
- New Treatment Approved for Deadly Blood Cancer
- Drug Helps Fight Breast Tumors Tied to 'Cancer Genes'
- Sickle Cell Trait Tied to Higher Kidney Failure Risk for Blacks
- Gene Therapy Shows Promise for Aggressive Lymphoma
- Weight-Loss Surgery Offers Long-Term Benefit to Very Obese Teens
- Can Parents' Weight Hinder Toddlers' Development?
- Could Anemia Cause Hearing Loss?
- Ovarian Cancer Drug Given Fast-Track Approval
- Health Tip: What Could Trigger Heart Palpitations?
- Colon Cancer's Location May Determine Patient Survival
- Some Mexican Ceramics Can Serve Up Lead Poisoning
- Chronic Disease in Mom May Be Linked to Newborns' Heart Disease
- Drug Trio Shows Major Promise Against Myeloma
- Heart Birth Defects Dropped After Folic Acid Was Added to Food
- Anemia Boosts Stroke Death Risk, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Managing Anemia With Iron
- Drug Protects Lung Function in Kids With Sickle Cell: Study
- Venclexta Approved for Specific Genetic Blood Cancer
- Kidney Dialysis Might Not Extend Survival of Elderly
- Testosterone Therapy May Boost Sex Drive in Older Men ...
- Anemia Drugs May Not Boost Kidney Patients' Well-Being: Study
- Screen Nursing Home Residents for B12 Deficiency: Researchers
- Assessing Health Issues of Child Refugees
- Lonsurf Approved for Advanced Colon Cancer
- Researchers Pinpoint Genes Linked to Height, Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Having Heart Palpitations
- Anti-Vaccine Trend Has Parents Shunning Newborns' Vitamin Shot
- Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Anemia
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- New Drug Shows Potential for Blood Cancer
- Are Heart Surgery Patients Losing Too Much Blood to Tests?
- Benefits of Iron Supplements Unclear for Pregnant Women, Young Children
- Kidney Patients Living Longer on Dialysis, Study Shows
- Do Heart Surgery Patients Get Too Many Blood Tests?
- Iron Supplements May Help Blood Donors Recover More Quickly
- Blood-Thinning Drug Savaysa Approved
- Sickle Cell Anemia Treatment So Successful in Kids That Trial Is Halted
- Health Tip: If Your Child's Grades Are Dropping
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Anemia
- Hormone Might Help Preemies' Brains
- Anemia Treatments Don't Boost Recovery From Brain Injury, Study Finds
- Childhood Cancer Survivors More Likely to Be Hospitalized: Study
- Could Rising Carbon Dioxide Levels Strip Foods of Some Nutrients?
- Health Tip: Know the Hazards of Lead
- Embryo Selection May Help Prevent Some Inherited Disorders
- Drug May Help Slow Advanced Breast Cancer
- Imbruvica Approved for Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- Study Finds Too Few With Hepatitis C Start or Stick With Treatment
- Low Vitamin D Tied to Anemia Risk in Kids
- Sickle Cell Drug Reduces Symptoms, Health Costs Alike, Study Finds
- Looking Sleepy Speaks Volumes, Study Says
- Anemia Might Raise Dementia Risk, Study Suggests
- Iron Dosing Tricky for Dialysis Patients: Study
- Iron Supplements May Prevent Anemia During Pregnancy
- Breast-Fed Kids May Have Low Iron Levels, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Slumping Iron?
- Debate Heats Up Over Screening Athletes for Sickle Cell Trait
- Sickle Cell Disease, Sickle Cell Trait Are Not the Same
- No Proof That 'Doping' With EPO Gives Athletes an Edge: Review
- Endoscopy Overused in Heartburn Patients
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards Rise in Colder Weather
- Loss of Key Blood Cell Gene Tied to Anemia, Animal Research Suggests
- Synribo Approved to Treat Rare Leukemia
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Early Humans Commonly Consumed Meat, Researchers Say
- 'Half-Match' Marrow Transplants Help Some With Sickle Cell
- FDA Warns Against Use of Diarrhea Drug From El Salvador
- New Leukemia Drug Bosulif Approved for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Anemia?
- Gallstones in Kids, Teens Linked to Obesity
- Health Tip: Crohn's Disease Can Cause Complications
- Drinking in Pregnancy Shows Up in Child's Growth: Study
- Thyroid Treatment Guidelines for Pregnant Women Revised
- Most on Gluten-Free Diet Don't Have Celiac Disease
- No Health Risk When Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse Blood: Study
- Health Tip: Signs That May Indicate Ulcerative Colitis
- Researchers Rejuvenate Blood-Forming Stem Cells in Mice
- Elelyso Approved for Gaucher Disease
- Health Tip: When Seniors Are Malnourished
- Infection Might Raise Blood Clot Risk for Older Adults: Study
- Tighter Recommendations Issued for Blood Cell Transfusions
- Omontys Approved for Anemic People With Kidney Disease
- Can Less Red Meat Add up to a Longer Life?
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Pressure Too Low?
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- Efforts to Reduce Stroke in Kids With Sickle Cell Working: Study
- New Drug Treats Fibroids With Fewer Side Effects
- Genes May Give Clues to Severe Form of Lupus
- Weight Loss: Is Bypass Better than Banding?
- Health Tip: Eat Right During Pregnancy
- Study Finds Fewer Blood Transfusions Needed After Hip Surgeries
- Low Iron Levels May Increase Blood Clot Risk
- Adult Sickle Cell Drug May Benefit Kids, Too
- Soliris Approval Expanded to Include Rare Blood Disorder
- FDA: New Warning for Procrit, Epogen, Aranesp
- FDA Panel Backs 2 Hepatitis C Drugs
- FDA Panel Urges Approval of Hepatitis C Drug
- The 10 Most Prescribed Drugs
- Celiac, Crohn's Disease Share Common Genetic Links
- Chemo During Pregnancy OK
- Mom's Blood Sample Yields Unborn Baby's Genetics
- Association Found Between Alzheimer's and Anemia
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Anemia
- FDA OKs New Drug for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Anemia Drugs Hold Dangers for Kidney Patients
- Anemia Harder to Treat in Black Children With Kidney Disease
- Experimental Drug May Treat Hepatitis C
- New Drug Cures Hard-to-Treat Hepatitis C
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter