Patient Comments: Anal Cancer - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with anal cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Haze, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 10

I had premolar root canal. It cost 1700 CDN at two appointments, 3 weeks apart.

Comment from: K, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: October 04

I got a flu shot a couple days ago, and I have these spasms of deep pain in my neck and shoulder on the same side as my injection site (left side). I feel very warm, but I don't have a fever. Not too much appetite. For the pain, I have tried heat, ice, ibuprofen, but nothing seems to work.

Comment from: martha, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I noticed a small growth near my back passage which caused itching and was at times slightly sore. It was there a long time, years, before I decided to do anything about it. I thought it was a pile or a skin tag or something. The doctor biopsied it and discovered it was anal cancer. I had it surgically removed which was painful but at least it's gone and had not spread. If you have any lumps or bumps down there go get them checked out, don't wait like me. It's foolish.

Comment from: byrdgurlfun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have stage 4 anal cancer that has spread to the liver. I have been doing chemotherapy since October 2013, and did radiation. I have been given 6 months to maybe 1 year.

Comment from: Afamilyaffair, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I had bleeding from the rectum area as a sign of my anal cancer. I was at Stage 3 when I was diagnosed. It was a hard treatment but I made it through. I am having symtoms again so I will be going back to the doctor. I lost my insurance so I was unable to continue my care. I will now be going to a county hospital for care.

Comment from: Mystoryfornow, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I had a change in bowel movements for 6 months before I had it checked. Now looking into surgery as I have already had radiation for prostate cancer. Hoping that it has not spread to other areas as the choices narrow as the disease spreads.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter