- What other names is American White Water Lily known by?
- What is American White Water Lily?
- How does American White Water Lily work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for American White Water Lily.
People take American white water lily to treat ongoing (chronic) diarrhea.
American white water lily is sometimes applied directly to the affected area for vaginal conditions, diseases of the throat and mouth, and as a warm compress (poultice) for burns and boils.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Chronic diarrhea.
- Vaginal conditions, when applied directly.
- Diseases of the throat and mouth, when applied directly.
- Burns and boils, when applied directly.
- Other conditions.
Quick GuideVitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking American white water lily if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Last Editorial Review: 3/29/2011