Patient Comments: Alzheimer's Disease - Warning Signs

Do you have any of the warning signs of Alzheimer's? Please discuss your symptoms and concerns. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: housemouse, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 04

First symptoms of Alzheimer's observed in my wife (when she was 62) were extremely minor. She began placing items that had a 'home' in the household in a newly developed location… and she did not acknowledge that there had been any change. Example: 'Scissors in the scissor drawer.' After 25 years in their 'historic' location, she started a new location, (a bottom drawer nearby). Frank diagnosis of dementia didn't occur for another 5 years. She also has late stage Lyme disease, which, similar to Alzheimer's, causes dementia.

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 04

I am up off and on during the night to take care of my husband who has recently had dementia diagnosed, but the Veterans Affairs knowing full well that he is Agent Orange toxic is making us go through hoops to get that dementia honored as Alzheimer's. We are chagrined and could really use that money to get help in here to spell me. I have had no break at all for 15 years, unless you consider the times I raced from the house to escape his abuse.

Comment from: K, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I have short term memory loss, a warning sign of Alzheimer's.

Comment from: Elenigali, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I threw my iPad in the garbage. I did not even remember I did and I was looking for it all day.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Senior Health Newsletter