Patient Comments: Alzheimer's Disease - Warning Signs

Do you have any of the warning signs of Alzheimer's? Please discuss your symptoms and concerns. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: housemouse, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 04

First symptoms of Alzheimer's observed in my wife (when she was 62) were extremely minor. She began placing items that had a 'home' in the household in a newly developed location… and she did not acknowledge that there had been any change. Example: 'Scissors in the scissor drawer.' After 25 years in their 'historic' location, she started a new location, (a bottom drawer nearby). Frank diagnosis of dementia didn't occur for another 5 years. She also has late stage Lyme disease, which, similar to Alzheimer's, causes dementia.

Comment from: K, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I have short term memory loss, a warning sign of Alzheimer's.

Comment from: Elenigali, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I threw my iPad in the garbage. I did not even remember I did and I was looking for it all day.

Quick Guide to Dementia