Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss, difficulty performing familiar tasks, disorientation to time and place, misplacing things, and more. The biggest risk factor for Alzheimer's disease is increased age. Treatment for Alzheimer's is often targeted toward decreasing the symptoms and progression of the disease.Read more: Alzheimer's Disease Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
Dental (Oral) Health Quiz: Test Your Dental Hygiene IQ
Take the Dental Health Quiz to test your IQ of oral hygiene, cavities, and common tongue and gum diseases. This quiz covers...
Sleep Quiz: Sleep Hygiene & Sleep Facts
Take our Sleeping Quiz to learn which sleep disorders, causes, and symptoms rule the night. Trouble falling or staying asleep?...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, patients may experience memory impairment, lapses of judgment, and subtle changes in...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Brain
The brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. See a picture of the Brain and learn more about the...
Picture of Brain Layers
That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). See a picture of Brain Layers and learn more...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Brain Food Pictures: What to Eat to Boost Focus
Learn how to increase concentration and boost memory. Brain foods such as fish (omega 3 fatty acids), berries, fruits, nuts,...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Concussions & Brain Injuries: Symptoms, Tests, Treatment
Concussions are a common type of traumatic brain injury. Read more about symptoms of a concussion, how to treat head injuries,...
Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
What foods are associated with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia? Cognitive function is predicated on good...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Alzheimer's Diagnosis: Your Family's Questions Answered
Is there any difference between Alzheimer's disease and Dementia? Is Alzheimer's disease deadly? Find out the truth about...
Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms & Early Diagnosis
Learn the early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Memory loss and confusion can be signs of normal aging, but...
Dementia and Alzheimer's: 13 Bad Brain Health Habits
Good brain health depends on exercising regularly, eating well, and getting enough sleep. Learn how to develop good health habits...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Related Disease Conditions
Genetic Disease (List, Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Prognosis)
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke caused when an artery bursts in the brain, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)
Medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is a medicine that is plant based. There are two species of medical marijuana; 1) Cannabis...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Life Expectancy
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread...
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...
Syphilis in Women
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a spiral-shaped type of bacteria known as a spirochete. There are...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Head Injury (Brain Injury)
In the United States, head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Head injuries due to bleeding are...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
There are many types of urinary incontinence (UI), which is the accidental leakage of urine. These types include stress...
Hyothermia or extreme exposure to cold can be classified as either accidental hypothermia (unintentional cold exposure) and...
Treatment for bladder cancer depends on the stage of the disease, the grade of the tumor, and the type of bladder cancer. Options...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Reduction of the sense of smell is termed hyposmia. Total inability to detect odors is termed anosmia. Smell disorders have many...
Swallowing Problems (Dysphasia)
Dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing, swallowing problems. Dysphagia is due to problems in nerve or muscle control. It is...
ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Symptoms, Causes, Life Expectancy
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease) is a neurological disease that progresses rapidly. The disease attacks...
Bowel or fecal incontinence refers to the loss of voluntary control of stool, or bowel movements. The condition can include...
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Fungal meningitis is a rare disease that is not contagious. Symptoms include fever, headache, stiff neck, nausea, and vomiting....
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment Options, Life Expectancy)
Brain and spinal tumor are diseases in which cancer (malignant) cells begin to grow in the tissues of the brain. Tumors that...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Local ResourcesFind a local Geriatrician in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Mood Swings
- Poor Hygiene
- Memory Loss
- Loss of Speech
- Vocal Outbursts
- Abnormal Facial Expressions
- Unusual Behavior
- Inability to Regulate Emotions
- Catatonia (Catatonic Behavior)
- Lack of Facial Expressions
- Dry Mouth
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Advance Medical Directives
- Advance Directives: Why You Should Put Your Wishes in Writing
Medications & Supplements
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors (Side Effects, Uses, Interactions)
- ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba, Fossil Tree, Kew Tree, Silver Apricot)
- donepezil, Aricept, Aricept ODT
- tricyclic antidepressants-oral, injection
- naloxone (Narcan, Evzio, Narcan Nasal Spray)
- memantine, Namenda, Namenda XR
- Exelon (rivastigmine, Exelon Patch)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis, Sage Leaf, Common Sage, Garden Sage, Black Sage)
- tacrine, (Cognex - discontinued in the U.S.)
Prevention & Wellness
- Can Alzheimer's Be Spread? Mouse Study Hints It's Possible
- Certain Female Vets May Face Higher Dementia Risk
- How Puzzles, Games Might Help Your Aging Brain
- Doctors' Office Dementia Tests Are Often Wrong: Study
- Alzheimer's Vaccine Shows Promise in Mice
- Key Strategies When Caring for a Loved One With Dementia
- Health Tip: Should You Be Worried About Memory Loss?
- For Down Syndrome Adults, Death and Dementia Often Come Together
- Ageism Costs Billions in Health Care Dollars
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Hospital With Broken Ribs
- Could Diabetes Drugs Help Curb Alzheimer's?
- Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Has Dementia
- Hard Arteries Hard on the Aging Brain?
- Could Herpes Virus Help Cause Alzheimer's?
- Map of Mouse Hippocampus Could Be Weapon Against Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: 10 Signs of Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Gene Tied to 'Chemo Brain' in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Many Americans Curious, But Wary, About Gene Testing
- What's the Dollar Cost of Caring for a Loved One With Alzheimer's?
- Short Bout of Exercise Might Boost Your Memory
- Exercise May Delay Rare Form of Alzheimer's
- U.S. Alzheimer's Cases to Nearly Triple by 2060
- Smog Might Cloud Your Memory
- Daytime Drowsiness a Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Exercise May Boost Brain Power in Alzheimer's, Mouse Study Suggests
- Severity of Alzheimer's Can Vary by Season
- Health Tip: Help Kids Understand Alzheimer's
- Eyes Could Be Window to Predicting Alzheimer's
- Dialysis Linked to Dementia in Seniors
- More Alzheimer's Gene Links Found
- Eye Disease Link to Alzheimer's Seen
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Be a Brain Buffer
- How Severe Brain Injuries Might Trigger Dementia
- New Method of Getting Drugs Into Brain Shows Promise
- Intensive Blood Pressure Control May Help Preserve Brain Health
- Virtual Reality as a Window Into Dementia
- Alzheimer's Drug Trial Offers New Hope, But Uncertainty, Too
- Having More Kids Tied to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's in Women
- Many Americans With Dementia Don't Know They Have It: Study
- Could Pot-Linked Drug Help Ease Agitation in Alzheimer's?
- The Right Lighting Can Calm Alzheimer's Patients
- Life Is Short After Dementia Diagnosis, No Matter Your Age
- How Common Is Dementia Among LGBT Seniors?
- Why Alzheimer's May Be Tougher to Spot in Women
- Pain, Sleeplessness Often Precede MS: Study
- Bill Gates Pushes Effort to Improve Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Does a Woman's Childbearing History Affect Her Alzheimer's Risk?
- Vitamin D No Panacea for Brain Diseases
- 1 in 9 U.S. Adults Over 45 Reports Memory Problems
- High Blood Pressure Threatens Aging Brain, Study Says
- Could Aspirin Help Keep Alzheimer's Away?
- Scientists Spot Gene Linking Down Syndrome, Early Alzheimer's
- Robots May Soon Join Ranks of Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Could Herpes Virus Play a Role in Alzheimer's?
- Smoking and Diabetes Linked to Calcium Buildup in Brain
- High Blood Pressure in Your 50s May Set Stage for Dementia
- Health Tip: Living With Dementia
- How Much Exercise Helps the Aging Brain?
- 'Markers' of Alzheimer's Don't Doom You to Dementia
- Can Exercise Help Curb Dementia? One Study Says No
- Poor Seniors May Be More Vulnerable to Dementia
- Making Life With Dementia More Bearable
- Even Mild Concussion Tied to Greater Dementia Risk Later
- When Do You Take Guns From Someone With Dementia?
- 'Smart Dresser' Might Help Alzheimer's Patients Clothe Themselves
- 'What's That Word?' Fitness Helps Seniors Find It
- Music May Calm the Agitation of Alzheimer's
- Too Much Sitting Could Raise Brain Risks
- Tough Times Can Leave Their Mark on the Older Brain
- Sleepless Nights Show Ties To Alzheimer's Risk
- The Focus Shifts in Alzheimer's Research
- Alzheimer's Stigma a Barrier to Prevention, Care: Survey
- Scientists Remove Alzheimer's Brain Plaques in Mice
- The High Costs of Alzheimer's
- Heartburn Meds Not Tied to Hip Fractures in Alzheimer's Patients
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- What Caregivers Should Know About Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
- Eyes May Be Window Into Future Memory Loss
- Health Tip: Friendships May Stem Cognitive Decline in Seniors
- Drug Might Be Safer Alternative to Ease Dementia Psychosis
- Therapy Reverses Alzheimer's Brain Plaque Buildup -- in Mice
- Heart Defects May Raise Odds for Dementia
- Your Attitude About Aging Might Affect Odds for Dementia
- Brain Implant Boosts Memory
- What Works Best to Keep Drivers With Dementia Off the Road
- Brain 'Pacemaker' Might Help Slow Alzheimer's
- Concussions Tied to Rise in Dementia Risk Decades Later
- Another Alzheimer's Drug Fails: What Makes This Disease So Tough to Fight?
- Seizure Drug May Help Ease Symptoms of Major Form of Dementia
- Health Tip: Disaster Preparedness For People With Alzheimer's
- Poor Trial Results for Another Experimental Alzheimer's Drug
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's and the Holidays
- Reading Aloud Can Be a Memory Booster
- Eat Your Greens . . . and Maybe Boost an Aging Brain
- Dementia May Be More Common in Rural Areas
- There's Still No Proven Way to Prevent Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Make Your Home Safer For People With Alzheimer's
- As Hearing Fades With Age, Dementia Risk May Rise
- Alzheimer's Cases to Double by 2060: Report
- Gene Discovery May Help Fight Alzheimer's
- Does Marriage Help Preserve Your Brain?
- Intense Workouts May Boost Memory
- Could New 'Brain Training' Program Help Prevent Dementia?
- Millions Could Miss Out on a Potential Alzheimer's Breakthrough
- Bill Gates Donates $50 Million to Alzheimer's Research
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- Resilient Brain Connections May Help Against Alzheimer's
- America's Dementia Caregivers Cite Stresses, Rewards
- One Type of Dementia Is Especially Costly
- High Blood Pressure in 40s a Dementia Risk for Women?
- A More Accurate Predictor for Alzheimer's?
- Failing Sense of Smell Tied to Dementia Risk
- Scientists Spot Marker for CTE in Living Football Players
- 20 Percent of U.S. Teens May Have Had a Concussion
- Health Tip: Exercise Boosts Brain Metabolism
- High, Low Levels of Magnesium Linked to Dementia Risk
- Football Fans Still Loyal Despite Concerns About Players' Brains
- Health Tip: Myths About the Aging Brain
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- Is Dementia Declining Among Older Americans?
- Women at Risk for Alzheimer's Face Critical 10-Year Window, Study Says
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?
- Dementia Care: A Huge Financial Burden for U.S. Families
- Popular Heartburn Drugs Don't Raise Risk of Alzheimer's: Study
- Glen Campbell Dies at Age 81
- Midlife Behaviors May Affect Your Dementia Risk
- Blood Pressure Fluctuations Tied to Dementia Risk in Study
- Can Video Game Playing Cost You Gray Matter?
- Study Links Moderate Drinking to Reduced Risk of Dementia
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Noninvasive Brain Test May Pinpoint Type of Dementia
- Healthy Heart in 20s, Better Brain in 40s?
- Study Suggests Many Alzheimer's Patients Don't Have the Disease
- Special Training Plus Medication Might Help People With Advanced Alzheimer's
- Dozens of Potential Alzheimer's Meds in the Pipeline
- Can Daily Crossword Protect You From Dementia?
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- A Healthy Diet May Help Ward Off Dementia
- Boxers, MMA Fighters May Face Long-Term Harm to Brain: Study
- How Poor Sleep Might Raise Odds for Alzheimer's
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Popular Heartburn Meds Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Lifestyle Changes Might Prevent or Slow Dementia
- Sticky Brain 'Plaques' Implicated in Alzheimer's Again
- Even Moderate Drinking May Dull the Aging Brain
- Health Tip: Stress-Busting Tips for Caregivers
- Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 55 Percent: CDC
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia in Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- Wives, Daughters Shoulder Most of Alzheimer's Care Burden
- Thin People Not More Prone to Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Gene Mutation May Speed Alzheimer's Decline
- Loving, Supportive Kids May Help Lower Seniors' Dementia Risk
- 'Silent' Seizures Tied to Alzheimer's Symptoms
- Mid-Life Exercise Could Jog Your Memory
- Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
- Could Young Blood Boost the Aging Brain?
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- Past Psychiatric Ills Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Xanax, Valium May Boost Pneumonia Risk in Alzheimer's Patients
- FDA Approves 1st Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Risk Tests
- What's the 'SuperAgers' Mental Secret?
- Study: Gene Test Needed Before Using Alzheimer's Drug 'Off-Label'
- Immune Disorders Such as MS, Psoriasis May Be Tied to Dementia Risk
- Could Parkinson's Disease Raise Stroke Risk?
- Unhealthy in Middle Age, Dementia in Old Age?
- Is Need for More Sleep a Sign of Pending Dementia?
- HRT Won't Lower Women's Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- Small Study Uncovers Brain Disease in Former Soccer Players
- Can Air Pollution Heighten Alzheimer's Risk?
- Bilingual People May Have an Edge Against Alzheimer's
- Busy Minds May Be Better at Fighting Dementia
- Lack of Exercise Might Invite Dementia
- Hospital-Related Delirium May Help Worsen Dementia
- Link Seen Between Concussions and Alzheimer's
- Can Teeth Repair Themselves Without Fillings?
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- More Signs Mediterranean Diet May Boost Your Brain
- Does Living Near Major Roads Boost Dementia Risk?
- Many Misuse OTC Sleep Aids: Survey
- Artists' Brushstrokes May Offer First Hints of Brain Disease
- Pot May Restrict Blood Flow to Brain: Study
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Up Risk of Early Death in Alzheimer's Patients
- Treatments for Alzheimer's Proving Elusive
- Whether Statins Cut Alzheimer's Risk May Depend on Gender, Race
- Test Predicting Alzheimer's Would Be Welcome, Survey Finds
- Alzheimer's Patients' Use of Painkilling Patches Cause for Concern
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Guard Against Dementia
- Researchers Explore Way to Detect Brain Injury in NFL Players
- Alzheimer's Protein Plaques May Also Harm the Heart
- Fewer Americans Suffering From Dementia, Study Finds
- Can Occupational Therapy Slow Alzheimer's Decline?
- Can Time-Release Capsules Replace Daily Pills?
- Poor Sense of Smell May Signal Alzheimer's Risk
- Some Elderly With Alzheimer's Brain Plaques Stay Sharp
- Brain Scans May Improve Dementia Diagnosis, Treatment
- More Years Playing Football, Greater Risk of Brain Disease: Study
- Could Loneliness Be an Early Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Mediterranean Diet, Caffeine May Be Good for Your Eyes
- Exercise May Help People Who Already Have Memory Loss
- Mars-Bound Astronauts Could Face Dementia Risk, Study Contends
- Sudden Drops in Blood Pressure Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- More Evidence Menopause 'Brain Fog' Is Real
- Animal Study Hints at Gene Therapy's Possible Promise for Alzheimer's
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- Women's Memory Advantage Might Skew Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Stave Off Dementia
- Healthy Diet, Exercise May Help Keep Alzheimer's at Bay
- Calcium Supplements Might Raise Older Women's Dementia Risk
- Fewer Advanced Alzheimer's Patients on Feeding Tubes
- Obesity May Age Your Brain
- Underweight Seniors May Have Added Alzheimer's Risk
- Acupuncture May Slow Pre-Dementia Memory Loss: Study
- Could Slight Brain Zap During Sleep Boost Memory?
- Deep Brain Stimulation Tested for Early Alzheimer's
- 2 in 10 Alzheimer's Cases May Be Misdiagnosed
- 1 in 10 Alzheimer's Patients at Risk for Avoidable Hospital Stays
- Women May Be More Resilient to Effects of Alzheimer's Genes
- People-Oriented Jobs May Help Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Behavior Changes May Be First Signs of Alzheimer's
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- Alzheimer's May Hamper Ability to Perceive Pain
- Midlife Memory Lapses May Be Normal Part of Aging
- Alzheimer's Gene May Show Effects in Childhood
- Cancer Drug Shows Early Promise for Parkinson's Disease
- FAQ: What Is Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease?
- Gene Test Might One Day Gauge Alzheimer's Risk in Younger Adults
- Memory Loss: Normal or a Sign of Trouble?
- Basketball Legend Pat Summitt's Death Points to Ravages of Early Alzheimer's
- Donated Blood Won't Transmit Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Disease
- Delays in Spotting Dementia Can Bring Dangers
- Early Alzheimer's Linked to Brain 'Leakage'
- Loss of Y Chromosome in Men Tied to Alzheimer's Risk
- Keep Busy! Stay Sharp!
- Why Pleasant Mealtimes Could Be Key to Alzheimer's Care
- Do Genes Help Determine Your Education Level?
- Meditation May Sharpen Memory
- Common Meds and Dementia: How Strong Is the Link?
- Widely Used Heart Drug Tied to Dementia Risk
- Seniors' Worsening Depression May Sometimes Predict Dementia
- Are People With Rosacea at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Trouble With Sense of Direction May Be Linked to Early Alzheimer's: Study
- Do Genes That Protect Against Dementia Guard Against Chronic Diseases?
- HIV Patients Now Living Long Enough to Develop Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Can Steal Ability to Know Loved Ones' Faces
- Harmful Artery-Stiffening Seen in Healthy 40-Year-Olds
- Berries: Big Health Benefits in Small Packages
- Scientists Reduce Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques in Mice
- Caregivers Often Give Up Necessities to Cover Alzheimer's Costs
- Could Less Time Spent Online Signal Early Alzheimer's?
- Simple Steps Can Ease Care of Loved One With Alzheimer's
- Exercise May Keep Your Brain 10 Years Younger, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's Disease Can Interfere With Sleep
- A Healthy Heart May Protect an Aging Brain
- Women With Alzheimer's May Keep Verbal Skills Longer Than Men
- Want to Keep an Aging Brain Sharp? Try the Stairs
- Even Gardening or Dancing Might Cut Alzheimer's Risk
- Research Offers Clues to Dementia With Language Loss
- Computer Use May Help Deflect Seniors' Memory Problems
- Survey Reveals Beliefs, Behaviors on Alzheimer's
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- Health Tip: Understanding the Signs of Alzheimer's
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Active Mind, Body May Only Do So Much Against Alzheimer's
- Widely Used Heartburn Drugs Linked to Dementia Risk in Study
- U.S. Dementia Rates Seem to Be Falling, Study Finds
- Anxiety Meds Like Valium, Xanax Won't Raise Seniors' Dementia Risk: Study
- Head Injuries Tied to Buildup of Alzheimer's Plaques, Small Study Finds
- Weight Loss Starting at Midlife Tied to Later Dementia Risk in Study
- Seafood Might Protect Brain in People at Genetic Risk for Alzheimer's
- Too Few Older Adults Tell Doctors About Memory Loss: Study
- Brain Protein Might Offer New Clues to Alzheimer's Treatment
- Computer-Based Test Aims to Predict Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Coping With Alzheimer's Disease
- Feds Crack Down on False Brain-Training Claims
- Poor Circulation in Brain Linked to Psychosis in Alzheimer's Patients
- Type 2 Diabetes May Raise Dementia Risk, Especially in Women: Study
- Singing Hits a High Note for Folks With Early Dementia
- Seniors Who Head Back to School May Reduce Dementia Risk
- Stress May Boost Risk for Alzheimer's-Linked Thinking Problems
- Moderate Drinking May Benefit Early Stage Alzheimer's Patients
- Does Testosterone Give Men Better Direction Sense?
- Could Dim View on Aging Raise Your Alzheimer's Risk?
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Tied to Possible Alzheimer's Risk
- Researchers Say They Find Genes Linked to Alzheimer's Timing
- Slowed Walking in Seniors May Signal Alzheimer's Danger
- Brain Gains for Older Adults Who Start Exercising
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques May Also Slow Blood Flow
- Alzheimer's-Linked Gene Tied to Brain Bleeds in Men: Study
- Physical Fitness Linked to Mental Fitness in Seniors
- Race Gap in Life Expectancy Is Narrowing: U.S. Study
- Hormone-Like Drug Doesn't Help Women With Alzheimer's: Study
- Feeling Extra Forgetful May Signal Dementia Ahead
- End-of-Life Care for Dementia Much Pricier Than for Other Ills
- Celiac Disease Doesn't Seem to Boost Dementia Risk: Study
- Brain Differences Seen in Young Adults at Genetic Risk of Alzheimer's
- Mediterranean Diet May Keep Your Mind Healthier in Old Age
- Nerve Disorder in Horses May Offer Clues to Alzheimer's
- Researchers Move Closer to Alzheimer's Blood Test
- Size of These Brain Parts Tied to Dementia Risk
- Depression Adds to Burden of Alzheimer's Caregivers, Study Finds
- Drug May Calm Agitation in Alzheimer's Patients
- Not All Trans Fats Harm the Heart, German Study Contends
- Exercise May Help Keep an Aging Mind Agile
- Too Little Vitamin D May Hasten Mental Decline
- Women the Bigger Losers in Terms of Alzheimer's Costs
- Blood Pressure Meds May Cut Alzheimer's Risk
- Could Red Wine Ingredient Affect Progression of Alzheimer's?
- 'You Can Catch Alzheimer's': Really?
- Beware Unregulated Stem Cell Treatments, Experts Warn
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to More Alzheimer's Brain 'Tangles'
- Too Much Weight in Middle Age Tied to Earlier Alzheimer's
- Awareness of Memory Problems Fades a Few Years Before Dementia: Study
- Exercise, Supplements Like Fish Oil Won't Keep Elderly Sharper: Studies
- No Mental Benefits Seen for Elderly Who Stop Blood Pressure Meds
- 9 Factors You Can Control May Be Key to Alzheimer's Risk
- Why the Aging Brain Is More Vulnerable to Alzheimer's
- The Most Effective Way to Protect an Aging Brain
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Dementia Meds May Lead to Harmful Weight Loss: Study
- Regular, Moderate Coffee Drinking Tied to Better Brain Health in Seniors
- High Blood Sugar May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- Heart Disease, Alzheimer's Linked by Common Risk Factors
- Exercise May Buffer Symptoms of Early Alzheimer's
- Healthy Diet May Help Shield the Aging Brain
- Dementia Risk May Be Dropping With Generations
- New Drugs Show Signs of Slowing Alzheimer's
- Pain Often Hinders Seniors With Dementia
- As Baby Boomers Age, Alzheimer's Rates Will Soar
- Will Good Students Be Able to Sidestep Alzheimer's?
- Women Descend Into Alzheimer's at Twice the Speed of Men: Study
- Could a Saliva Test Help Spot Alzheimer's?
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher Risk of Dementia
- Too Much TV, Too Little Exercise When Young May Hasten Mental Decline Later
- Gene Linked to Alzheimer's May Affect Brain Early
- Brain Changes Differ by Race With Alzheimer's Disease: Study
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Memory, Thinking Tests May Hint at Alzheimer's Risk
- Blood Proteins May Provide Early Clue to Alzheimer's
- Exercise, Games, Puzzles Don't Prevent Signs of Alzheimer's in the Brain: Study
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Proteins Tied to Poor Sleep in Study
- White Matter Damage in Brain May Help Spot Early Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques May Arise Decades Before Symptoms
- 'Medical Marijuana' Pill Falls Short in Dementia Study
- Your Plate May Hold the Key to Alzheimer's
- Mediterranean Diet Plus Olive Oil or Nuts May Boost Thinking and Memory
- When You Eat, Not Just What, May Impact Health
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Brain Scans Give Clues to Link Between Alzheimer's, Down Syndrome
- Depression Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- Heavy Snoring, Apnea Tied to Earlier Brain Troubles
- To Protect Your Aging Brain, Start With Exercise
- Mouse Study Suggests Immune Disorder May Play Role in Alzheimer's
- Could Obesity Help Protect Against Dementia?
- Arts, Crafts, Socializing May Buoy the Aging Brain
- Green Tea Linked to Lower Risk for Dementia
- Head Injuries May Prematurely Age the Brain, Study Suggests
- Lots of Leafy Greens Might Shield Aging Brains, Study Finds
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- Many With Alzheimer's Aren't Told of Diagnosis by Doctor: Report
- Researchers Pinpoint Possible Protein Culprit Behind Alzheimer's
- A Sense of Purpose May Benefit Your Brain
- For Safety's Sake: A Young Star Player Quits Pro Football...
- Antipsychotics May Be Deadlier Than Thought for Dementia Patients
- Researchers Develop Screening for Early Memory Troubles
- Age-Linked Memory Loss May Be Worse for Men, Study Finds
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- Exercise's Effect on Brain May Boost Mobility in Old Age
- Ultrasound Used to Attack Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaque in Mice
- Healthy Lifestyle May Guard Against Dementia
- Good Heart Health May Help Stave Off Dementia, Study Says
- Gout's Silver Lining: A Lower Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Many U.S. Households Include Someone With Failing Memory
- Brain Protein Tied to Alzheimer's Spotted in Young Adults
- Skin Test for Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Shows Early Promise
- Diabetes and Dementia May Be Linked
- Many Americans Face Pain, Depression in Their Final Year
- 'Long Life' Gene Might Make Some Smarter, Too: Study
- Certain Allergy, Depression Meds Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Leaks in Brain May Contribute to Dementia
- Depression, Anxiety Can Precede Memory Loss in Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Spending on Medical Research Falls in U.S. While Growing Globally
- Petty 'Crimes' Sometimes Tied to Dementia
- FDA Approves Combo Pill for Alzheimer's Disease
- Researchers Take 'First Baby Step' Toward Anti-Aging Drug
- Seniors' Aging Brains Find Ways to Stay Financially Sharp
- Memory Lapses May Signal Stroke Risk: Study
- Study Links Running to Lower Alzheimer's Death Risk
- Could Your Job Help Preserve Your Aging Brain?
- Health Tip: Make Home Safer for Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Cases Expected to Double by 2050, Researchers Say
- Easy-to-Walk Communities Linked to Sharper Senior Minds
- B Vitamins May Not Boost Memory or Thinking, Study Suggests
- 'Purpose in Life' a Boon to Your Health
- Is Tau the 'How' Behind Alzheimer's?
- Adult Asthma Linked to Higher Dementia Risk
- Brain Injuries in Older Age Could Boost Dementia Risk, Study Finds
- Studies Link Cold Sore Virus to Alzheimer's Risk
- Special Cocoa Drink May Improve Age-Related Memory Loss
- Scientists Inch Closer to Alzheimer's Origins
- U.S. Life Expectancy Hits Record High of Nearly 79 Years: CDC
- Report Claims Success Treating Alzheimer's Memory Loss
- MRI May Spot Early Signs of Mental Decline, Study Finds
- Jealous, Moody Women May Face Higher Alzheimer's Risk, Study Says
- Emotional Life Lingers for Alzheimer's Patients, Even as Memory Fades
- Memory Slips in Senior Years May Signal Dementia Risk
- Healthy Lifestyle Changes Linked to Reduced Risk for Dementia
- Not Everyone With Alzheimer's-Linked Protein Develops Dementia: Study
- Advanced Dementia Patients Often Given Unhelpful Meds: Study
- Study: Rare Blood Type May Slightly Raise Dementia Risk
- Anxiety Medications May Be Tied to Alzheimer's Risk
- Poor Quality Sleep May Be Linked to Shrinking Brain
- Electrical Pulses to Scalp May Boost Memory: Study
- Seniors' Sleep Woes May Be Linked to Loss of Brain Cells
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?
- Certain Antipsychotic Meds Tied to Kidney Problems in Elderly
- Researchers Create Functional 3-D Brain-Like Tissue
- Researchers Pinpoint Brain Region Where Contextual Memories Are Made
- Man's Rare Condition May Open Door to New Alzheimer's Treatments
- Mutant Gene Spurs Dangerous Heart Condition in Newfoundland Dogs: Study
- Low Vitamin D Levels May Boost Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- Scientists Shed Light on Link Between Depression, Dementia
- Gardens a Center of Calm for People With Dementia
- Chronic Medical Conditions Can Shorten Seniors' Lives: Study
- Pacemakers Common for Those With Dementia and Irregular Heartbeats
- Healthy Habits May Slow Cellular Signs of Aging, Study Finds
- Guns and Dementia
- Vitamin B No Help for Alzheimer's: Review
- A Healthy Lifestyle May Deflect Dementia
- Researchers Spot Potential New Culprit Behind Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Rate Falling in the United States, Studies Show
- Study: 1 in 3 Alzheimer's Cases 'Preventable'
- Cataract Surgery a Plus for Someone With Dementia, Study Says
- Eye Tests Might Help ID Alzheimer's, Studies Suggest
- Could a Simple Smell Test Help Spot Alzheimer's Early?
- Staying Active May Help Prevent Dementia
- Can Games, Puzzles Keep Aging Minds Sharp?
- Widowhood May Delay Dementia in Some Seniors, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: July 8, 2014
- Veterans With Brain Injury May Be at Risk for Dementia: Study
- Lifetime of Learning Might Thwart Dementia, Study Suggests
- Yoga, Meditation May Help Dementia Patients and Caregivers Alike
- Anti-Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise in Mice Study
- Steroids May Not Be Wise Choice for Intensive-Care Patients
- Scientists Erase, Then Restore Memories in Rats
- Could Certain Antidepressants Slow Alzheimer's?
- Workplace Solvents Linked to Long-Term Memory, Thinking Problems
- Brain Stimulation Shows Early Promise Against Alzheimer's
- Young Blood Boosts Brains of Old Mice
- Alzheimer's Variation May Often Go Unrecognized: Study
- Type 2 Diabetes May Shrink the Brain, Study Suggests
- Seniors Who Suffer Mental Declines May Face Earlier Death: Study
- Apathy Might Signal Brain Shrinkage in Old Age: Study
- Gene Variant May Double Alzheimer's Risk for Women: Study
- A Failing Mind May Mean Lower Cancer Death Risk, Study Suggests
- Your Mentally Stimulating Job May Help Keep You Sharp in Retirement
- More Research Links Poor Heart Health With Alzheimer's Risk
- Jury Still Out on Routine Dementia Screening for Seniors
- Alzheimer's Strikes Women Harder Than Men: Report
- Lower IQ, Worse Heart Fitness in Teens Linked to Risk of Early Dementia in Men
- 'Senior Moments' Don't Seem to Lead to Dementia for Most
- Blood Test May Have Power to Predict Alzheimer's
- Twins Study May Give Some Insight Into Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Disease Death Toll Higher Than Thought
- Chemicals in 'Western' Diet Show Alzheimer's-Like Effects in Mice
- Antidepressant Celexa May Help Ease Alzheimer's-Linked Agitation
- Having 2 Parents With Alzheimer's May Raise Risk of Early Brain Changes
- Embryo Selection May Help Prevent Some Inherited Disorders
- High Estrogen Levels Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- DDT Exposure May Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- My Father's Keeper: Caring for a Parent With Dementia
- Fish Oil Might Guard Against Loss of Brain Cells
- 2 Alzheimer's Drugs Found Ineffective in Clinical Trials
- For Seniors With Dementia, the Choice to Live Alone Can Be a Risky One
- Heavy Drinking in Middle Age May Speed Memory Loss for Men
- Aging Brains Can Still Make 'Childlike' Connections: Study
- Your Daily Coffee Just Might Jolt Your Memory
- Gains of 'Brain Training' for Elderly Seen 10 Years Later
- Daily High-Dose Vitamin E Might Delay Alzheimer's
- Unhealthy Cholesterol Levels Might Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Underactive Thyroid Not Linked to Memory Problems
- Portable Bed Rails Can Pose Safety Hazard, FDA Says
- Concussions Linked to Alzheimer's Risk in Study
- Simple Steps Could Keep People With Dementia at Home Longer: Study
- NIH, NFL Team Up to Take On Concussion Research
- Could Poor Dental Health Signal a Faltering Mind?
- Potentially Helpful Omega-3 Fatty Acids Can Cross to Brain: Study
- Deciphering the DNA of Alzheimer's Patients
- Want to Stay Young? Start Moving
- Keeping Holidays Happy When a Loved One Has Alzheimer's
- Statins Not Linked to Memory Loss, Dementia, Review Suggests
- Implanted Device Approved to Decrease Seizures
- No Connection Seen Between Dementia, Common Eye Disease
- Deadly Brain Illness Discovered in British Family
- Aerobics Might Boost Brain Health for Older Adults
- Alzheimer's-Like Plaque Seen on Brain Scans After Head Trauma
- Speaking Two Languages May Delay Dementia Symptoms
- Jury Still Out on Routine Mental Tests for Seniors, Panel Says
- No Routine Mental Tests for Seniors -- At Least Not Yet, Panel Says
- New Batch of Alzheimer's Genes Discovered
- Brain-Imaging Drug Approved for Alzheimer's Detection
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs Tied to Lower Risk of Alzheimer's: Study
- Could a Good Night's Sleep Guard Against Alzheimer's?
- Health Tip: If You're Feeling Forgetful
- Could a Good Night's Sleep Guard Against Alzheimer's?
- Occupational Hazard for Teachers?
- Sleep May Be Brain's 'Cleaning' Time, Mouse Study Suggests
- NFL Veterans Show 'Abnormalities' in Brain Activity: Study
- Link Seen Between Hardening of Arteries, Alzheimer's Plaques
- Gene Mutation May Double Rate of Brain Tissue Lost to Alzheimer's
- Single Gene May Predict Mental Decline After Heart Surgery
- A Link Between Gum Disease and Alzheimer's?
- Long Periods of Delirium in ICU May Raise Risk of Mental Impairment
- Statins May Not Harm Memory, Thinking After All
- Stressful Middle Age Tied to Higher Alzheimer's Risk in Women
- Scientists Gain Genetic Insight Into Alzheimer's Disease
- Research Hints at How Alzheimer's Affects the Brain
- Alzheimer's 'Epidemic' Straining Caregiver, Community Resources: Report
- Fluorescent Scans May Have Potential to Track Alzheimer's Progression
- Advance Seen in Turning Adult Cells Into Stem Cells
- Better Hygiene Could Raise Risk of Alzheimer's
- For Some With Alzheimer's, Occupational Therapy Can Bring Welcome Relief
- Polishing the Gems Who Are Alzheimer's Patients
- Better Hygiene Could Raise Risk of Alzheimer's
- Mediterranean Diet May Be Good for the Brain
- Health Tip: At Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Health Highlights: Aug. 30, 2013
- Brain Protein Is a Key to 'Senior Moments,' Study Finds
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Copper in Environment May Be Tied to Alzheimer's
- Depression in Diabetes Patients Linked to Dementia, Study Finds
- Many Risk Factors for Early Dementia Can Show Up in Teens
- Alzheimer's Research Takes a New Turn
- High Blood Sugar Levels Tied to Small Increases in Dementia Risk
- Anemia Might Raise Dementia Risk, Study Suggests
- Can Poor Dental Health Cause Dementia?
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Affect Alzheimer's Disease Progression
- Health Tip: When Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Scientists Spot New Brain 'Pathways' Possibly Tied to Alzheimer's
- Another Experimental Alzheimer's Drug Disappoints
- Memory Worries May Be Early Sign of Alzheimer's
- Scientists Detail Alzheimer's Progression, Step by Step
- No Benefit to Community-Wide Dementia Screening: Review
- Online Self-Tests for Alzheimer's Don't Work: Experts
- Mental Decline Seen Earlier When Epilepsy Present, Study Suggests
- 2 New Alzheimer's Drugs Show Promise in Early Studies
- Early Diabetes Signs Often Missed in Alzheimer's Patients
- Diabetes Drug May Protect the Brain
- Putting Off Retirement May Help Stave Off Alzheimer's
- Cancer, Chemo May Lower Alzheimer's Risk, Study Suggests
- Cancer Patients Less Likely to Get Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Today's 90-Somethings Seem Sharper Than Predecessors
- Lifelong Reading, Hobbies Might Help Stave Off Dementia
- Two-Pronged Anxiety Treatment Aids Older Adults
- Saturated Fat May Make the Brain Vulnerable to Alzheimer's
- Concussion Damage Looks Much Like Early Alzheimer's: Study
- Are There 2 Types of Gulf War Illness?
- Scientists Find New Clues to Early Onset Alzheimer's
- Study: Low Blood Pressure May Weaken Brains of Some Heart Patients
- For Alzheimer's Caregivers, a Much-Needed Break
- Alzheimer's Drugs May Benefit Heart, Study Finds
- Alzheimer's Patients Mimic Emotions of Those Around Them: Study
- Scientists Can't Replicate Surprising Finding on Alzheimer's Treatment
- Sleep Apnea in Seniors Tied to Alzheimer's in Study
- Some Types of Skin Cancer Linked to Lower Chances of Alzheimer's
- Experimental Drug Seems to Aid Memory in Mice With Alzheimer's
- Many Seniors Suffer Mental Decline in Silence: CDC
- High Blood Sugar May Add to Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- General Anesthesia Not Linked to Raised Risk for Dementia
- Mediterranean Diet Might Help Stave Off Dementia
- Gene Studies Could Point to New Alzheimer's Treatments
- Alzheimer's Patients May Face Looming Shortage of Neurologists
- Your Autoantibody 'Profile' Might Someday Help Spot Illness
- Brain Changes Seen in Relatives of People With Alzheimer's
- Exercise May Help People With Alzheimer's Avoid Nursing Homes
- Newly Created Rats Designed to Speed Alzheimer's Research
- Gene May Double Risk of Alzheimer's in Blacks
- Newly Created Rats Designed to Speed Alzheimer's Research
- U.S. Spends More on Dementia Care Than Heart Disease or Cancer: Study
- Obama Unveils Vast Brain-Mapping Project
- Mental, Physical Challenges May Help Seniors Stay Sharp, Study Says
- Researchers Test Implanted Brain Stimulator for Alzheimer's
- Acting Out Dreams During Sleep May Signal Dementia
- High Blood Pressure May Add to Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- A Third of U.S. Seniors Die With Dementia, Study Finds
- FDA Wants to Relax Approval Process for Alzheimer's Drugs
- Experimental Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Spot the Early Stages of Alzheimer's
- More Regular Meals May Improve Dementia Care
- For Alzheimer's Caregivers, Patience and Compassion Are Key
- Number of Americans With Alzheimer's May Triple by 2050
- Review Finds No Evidence Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Are Infectious
- Exercising at Midlife May Stave Off Dementia Down the Road
- Heart Problems Tied to Early Signs of Dementia
- PET Scans Helpful, But Not Definitive for Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- More Evidence Ties Heart Disease to Mental Decline
- U.S. Launches Extensive Alzheimer's Studies
- Blood Pressure Drug May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Dementia, Late-Life Depression May Be Linked
- Brain Injury Doesn't Raise Dementia Risk for Most: Study
- Future Astronauts May Be Exposed to Alzheimer's Risk Factor
- Depression in Elderly May Predict Dementia
- Studies of Alzheimer's Caregivers May Overlook Non-Spouses
- Experimental Antidepressant Appears Quick-Acting, Safe
- Alzheimer's May Progress Differently in Women, Men
- Scans Spot Brain Changes in Patients With Concussion Syndrome
- Scientists ID Gene Mutation That May Triple Alzheimer's Risk
- Family's Questions About Alzheimer's Patients Can Put Nurses in a Bind
- Alzheimer's Signs Found in Brains of Young Adults With Gene Mutation
- Gene Linked to Alzheimer's May Lose Power With Age
- Elevated BP May Prematurely Age the Brain
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Speed-Learning a New Language May Help Brain Grow: Study
- Frailty Linked to Dementia in Oldest Adults
- Hormones May Not Raise Alzheimer's Risks
- Alzheimer's: Are Antipsychotic Drugs Worth It?
- Measuring Brain Plaques May Yield Clues to Alzheimer's Risk
- Drugs to Prevent Alzheimer's to Be Tested in Large Trial
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- Alzheimer's Drug Slows Memory Decline
- Mouse Study Sheds New Light on How Memories Are Stored
- Health Tip: What's Behind Epilepsy?
- Aspirin May Help Preserve Brain Function in Older Women With Heart Disease
- Statins Tied to Reduced Glaucoma Risk
- Retina's Thickness May Be Tied to Severity of MS, Study Suggests
- Some Women's Brains Contain Male DNA: Study
- Misdiagnosis Common for Rare Brain Disease: Study
- Some Blood Pressure Drugs Might Help Slow Alzheimer's: Study
- Ginkgo Biloba Doesn't Protect From Alzheimer's
- NFL Players at Higher Risk of Brain Diseases
- Discovery May Improve Diagnosis of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- Mental Skills Decline More Sharply for Women With Alzheimer's: Study
- Midlife Fitness May Mean Healthier Old Age, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Coping With Early-Onset Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Drug Shows Some Promise in Trials
- Sharp as a Tack at 90: Here's Why
- Cocoa May Sharpen Aging Brain
- Buttered Popcorn Flavoring Linked to Alzheimer's
- Chronic 'Butter Flavoring' Exposure Linked to Harmful Brain Process
- Hormone May Boost Aging, Failing Brains
- Drug May Slow Memory Loss in Early Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Progression Slower After 80: Study
- In Mice, Alzheimer's-Linked Protein Shows Promise Against MS
- Home-Based Care Teams Offer Help for Those With Dementia
- Scientists Say Blood Test May Help Predict Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Treatment Shows Promise in Small, 3-Year Trial
- Patients' Skin Cells Yield Research Model for Alzheimer's
- Get This Much Sleep for a Sharp Memory
- Faltering Steps May Indicate Oncoming Dementia
- Exercise Can Shield the Aging Brain, Studies Show
- Brain Scans Using New Dye May Predict Alzheimer's
- Descent Into Alzheimer's Detailed
- Gene May Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease
- Aging Boomers' Mental Health Woes Will Swamp Health System: Report
- Nutrient Drink Might Boost Memory in Early Alzheimer's: Study
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Weight Gain in Older Women
- 'Absentminded' Errors Common in Older Adults: Study
- Health Tip: When Memory Loss Isn't Normal
- Hospitalization May Be 'Tipping Point' for Alzheimer's Decline
- Seniors' Attitude on Age May Affect Dementia Test Results: Study
- Alzheimer's-Linked Gene May Have More Effect on Women
- Omega-3 Supplements May Not Aid Aging Brain
- Ex-Players Sue NFL Over Brain Injuries
- Drinking Coffee May Delay Alzheimer's Disease
- Skin Cells Turned Into Brain Cells in Lab Study
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- Trial Set to See if Drug Can Prevent Alzheimer's
- Older People With Dementia Cared for Mostly at Home
- Smell Tests Don't Predict Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Depression in Mid-Life Linked to Higher Odds for Later Dementia
- Having a 'Purpose in Life' May Help Shield You From Dementia
- Fish, Flaxseed May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- How That Glass of Red Wine Might Help You Live Longer
- Exercise Plus Computer Time May Boost Seniors' Brains
- For a Healthy Aging Brain, 'Use It or Lose It'
- Basketball Legend Pat Summitt Leaving as Tennessee Women's Coach
- Researchers Repair Damage Caused by Heart Attacks in Mice
- When Does Boxing-Related Head Trauma Become Too Much?
- Any Exercise May Cut Alzheimer's Risk at Any Age
- New Method to Reveal Alzheimer's Marker Shows Promise
- Gene Hunters Link Genes to Brain Size
- Researchers ID Genes That May Determine Mental Illness
- Drug May Help Diagnose Alzheimer's Earlier
- White Women Make Up Bulk of Assisted-Living Residents
- Brain Falters Near End of Life, but Games, Puzzles Might Slow Decline
- Half of Cancer Survivors Die From Other Conditions
- New Drug Might Reduce an Alzheimer's Marker: Study
- Gene Mapping for Healthy People No 'Crystal Ball'
- Health Highlights: March 23, 2012
- Brain Scans Suggest How Alzheimer's Spreads
- Memory Problems May Worsen After Hospital Stay
- Antioxidants May Not Help Alzheimer's Patients
- More Insight on Possible Role of Vitamin D Against Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Manage Memory Loss
- Berries Boost Brain Function
- Alzheimer's, Dementia Care to Cost U.S. $200 Billion This Year
- 1 in 7 People With Alzheimer's Lives Alone
- Longer Use of Alzheimer's Drug May Help Patients
- Depression Could Worsen Mental Decline in Heart Patients
- Toxins Afloat in Shark Fin Soup?
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Alzheimer's-Like Memory Loss Reversed in Mice
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help Brain Age Better
- Health Highlights: Feb. 23, 2012
- Dementia: Some Antipsychotic Drugs Riskier Than Others
- New Blood Test for Parkinson's Studied
- Brain Scans May One Day Be Used to Predict Dementia
- Could Sleep Problems Predict Alzheimer's?
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- Smog May Harm Women's Brains: Study
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- In Mice, Cancer Drug Shows Effect on Alzheimer's Symptoms
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Strengthen Memory, Study Says
- Health Highlights: Feb. 7, 2012
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines May Confuse Diagnosis
- Questionnaire Could Help Predict Alzheimer's: Study
- Scientists May Be Closer to Developing 'Red Wine' Drug
- Mouse Study Suggests Alzheimer's Spreads Through Brain Like an Infection
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques May Affect Memory in Healthy People
- Same Genes Key to Early & Late-Onset Alzheimer's: Study
- Signs of Alzheimer's May Show Up Years Before Symptoms
- Neurologists Should Screen Patients for Abuse: Experts
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- Steady Diet of Mental Stimulation Might Reduce Alzheimer's Risk
- Genes May Guide Intelligence Throughout Life
- U.S. Wants to Buttress Alzheimer's Arsenal by 2025
- CDC: Americans Living Longer as Death Rate Drops
- Exercise May Help Those at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's: Study
- Why Some People Live to 110
- Memory Loss May Occur as Early as 40s
- Insulin-Linked Hormone May Also Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Changes in Cerebrospinal Fluid May Signal Early Alzheimer's
- Know the Signs of Alzheimer's
- 'Silent Strokes' Linked to Memory Loss in Elderly: Study
- Diet Patterns Linked With Brain Health
- Thinner Brains Could Signal Alzheimer's, Study Suggests
- Chorus Gives Voice to Those With Alzheimer's
- Lower Weight May Be Early Alzheimer's Sign
- Meditation May Help Brain Tune Out Distractions
- Key Challenges for Fighting Alzheimer's Disease
- Eye Surgery Improves Mood of Alzheimer's Patients
- Foundation Aims to Raise Awareness of Brain Diseases
- New Alzheimer's Drug Shows Early Promise
- Family History Has Complex Role in Alzheimer's Risk
- Gauging General Health as 'Poor' May Point to Dementia Risk
- Small Study Links Surgery and Anesthesia With Alzheimer's
- Laughter Might Be Good Medicine for Alzheimer's Patients
- Abnormal Protein May Explain Loss of Smell With Alzheimer's
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Brain Scans Show Risk Factor for Alzheimer's
- Study: Alzheimer's Harder to Spot Past Age 80
- Brain Injuries Increase Risk of Stroke
- Many Older Americans Have Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Sniffing Out Alzheimer's Disease
- Study: Blood Test Detects Early Alzheimer's
- Hearing Loss May Skew Alzheimer's Test Results
- Omega-3s Linked to Lower Dementia Risk
- Dementia Risk for Retired Football Players?
- Mom Has Alzheimer's? Your Risk May Be High
- Eye Test Spots Alzheimer's Before Symptoms
- Baby Aspirin May Help Memory, Thinking Skills
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- PET Scans May Help With Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Protein Levels in Spinal Fluid May Spot Alzheimer's
- Being 'Born-Again' Linked to More Brain Atrophy: Study
- Gene for Alzheimer's Risk May Affect Brain Early
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Four in 10 Over Age 85 Have Cognitive Impairment
- New Clues on Caffeine's Health Benefits
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Brain Shrinkage May Help Predict Alzheimer's
- Brisk Walk Can Boost Blood Flow to the Brain: Report
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Alzheimer's Disease May Be Misdiagnosed
- Americans Worry About Getting Alzheimer's
- Beta-Amyloid May Identify Alzheimer's Disease
- Advances Made Toward Alzheimer's Blood Test
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Coffee, Tea Linked to Lower Brain Cancer Risk
- Alzheimer's and Its Impact on Women
- Low Testosterone Linked to Alzheimer's Risk
- Why Older People Are Forgetful
- Researchers Find Clues for Early Alzheimer's