Trending Alzheimers Topics
Dementia is a collection of disorders that affect the brain. Watch this slideshow to learn about causes, diagnosis, treatments, medications and caring for people that suffer from these disorders.
Watch this slideshow on Alzheimer's disease and get a caregiver's guide to understanding the disease, symptoms and stages.
Related Disease Conditions
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Alzheimer's Diagnosis: Your Family's Questions Answered
Is there any difference between Alzheimer's disease and Dementia? Is Alzheimer's disease deadly? Find out the truth about...
Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms & Early Diagnosis
Learn the early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Memory loss and confusion can be signs of normal aging, but...
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, patients may experience memory impairment, lapses of judgment, and subtle changes in...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Picture of Brain Layers
That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). See a picture of Brain Layers and learn more...
Picture of Brain
The brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. See a picture of the Brain and learn more about the...
Picture of Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
T2-weighted image showing diffuse asymmetric (L > R) bilateral frontoparietal atrophy (arrows) in a 54-year-old woman with...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of Huntington's Disease
Huntington's disease is a hereditary disorder caused by a faulty gene for a protein called huntingtin. See a picture of...
Picture of Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of progressive dementia. See a picture of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) and...
Picture of Pituitary Gland
The main endocrine gland. See a picture of Pituitary Gland and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Targeting 9 Risk Factors Could Prevent 1 in 3 Dementia Cases: Study
- A Healthy Diet May Help Ward Off Dementia
- A More Accurate Predictor for Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Cases to Double by 2060: Report
- Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 55 Percent: CDC
- Alzheimer's Stigma a Barrier to Prevention, Care: Survey
- America's Dementia Caregivers Cite Stresses, Rewards
- Poor Trial Results for Another Experimental Alzheimer's Drug
- As Hearing Fades With Age, Dementia Risk May Rise
- Bill Gates Donates $50 Million to Alzheimer's Research
- Blood Pressure Fluctuations Tied to Dementia Risk in Study
- Brain 'Pacemaker' Might Help Slow Alzheimer's
- Brain Injuries Linked With Dementia Risk
- Can Daily Crossword Protect You From Dementia?
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- Could New 'Brain Training' Program Help Prevent Dementia?
- Dementia Care: A Huge Financial Burden for U.S. Families
- Dementia May Be More Common in Rural Areas
- Health Tip: Disaster Preparedness For People With Alzheimer's
- Does Marriage Help Preserve Your Brain?
- Dozens of Potential Alzheimer's Meds in the Pipeline
- Drug Might Be Safer Alternative to Ease Dementia Psychosis
- Eyes May Be Window Into Future Memory Loss
- Failing Sense of Smell Tied to Dementia Risk
- Wives, Daughters Shoulder Most of Alzheimer's Care Burden
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?
- Fit Middle-Aged Women May Fend Off Dementia Later
- Gene Discovery May Help Fight Alzheimer's
- Gene Mutation May Speed Alzheimer's Decline
- Glen Campbell Dies at Age 81
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's and the Holidays
- Health Tip: Identifying Vascular Dementia
- Popular Heartburn Drugs Don't Raise Risk of Alzheimer's: Study
- Popular Heartburn Meds Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Heartburn Meds Not Tied to Hip Fractures in Alzheimer's Patients
- Heavy Drinkers Put Themselves at Risk for Dementia
- High Blood Pressure in 40s a Dementia Risk for Women?
- High, Low Levels of Magnesium Linked to Dementia Risk
- How Poor Sleep Might Raise Odds for Alzheimer's
- Is Dementia Declining Among Older Americans?
- What Works Best to Keep Drivers With Dementia Off the Road
- Lifestyle Changes Might Prevent or Slow Dementia
- Health Tip: Make Your Home Safer For People With Alzheimer's
- Study Suggests Many Alzheimer's Patients Don't Have the Disease
- Midlife Behaviors May Affect Your Dementia Risk
- Study Links Moderate Drinking to Reduced Risk of Dementia
- Moving From 'Stroke Belt' Doesn't Undo Higher Dementia Risk
- Noninvasive Brain Test May Pinpoint Type of Dementia
- One Type of Dementia Is Especially Costly
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- Millions Could Miss Out on a Potential Alzheimer's Breakthrough
- Resilient Brain Connections May Help Against Alzheimer's
- Scientists Remove Alzheimer's Brain Plaques in Mice
- Seizure Drug May Help Ease Symptoms of Major Form of Dementia
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Special Training Plus Medication Might Help People With Advanced Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
- Loving, Supportive Kids May Help Lower Seniors' Dementia Risk
- The Focus Shifts in Alzheimer's Research
- The High Costs of Alzheimer's
- Therapy Reverses Alzheimer's Brain Plaque Buildup -- in Mice
- There's Still No Proven Way to Prevent Alzheimer's
- Thin People Not More Prone to Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Traveling With Dementia: Tips for Family Caregivers
- What Caregivers Should Know About Alzheimer's
- Another Alzheimer's Drug Fails: What Makes This Disease So Tough to Fight?
- Women at Risk for Alzheimer's Face Critical 10-Year Window, Study Says
- Your Attitude About Aging Might Affect Odds for Dementia
- Alzheimer's and Memories
- Alzheimer's Cure Elusive Despite Progress
- Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Alzheimer's Disease: Caregiving Challenges
- Alzheimer's Disease: Coping with Changes in Daily Life
- Alzheimer's Drug Approved (Memantine)
- Alzheimer's Drug: Can a Pill Make You Smarter?
- Alzheimer's or Absentminded?
- Alzheimer's Treatment New Thinking
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Memory - Use it Or Lose It
- Memory Exercises That Work
- Multi-Infarct Dementia versus Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer's: Should You Be Tested?