Trending Alzheimer's Topics
Dementia is a collection of disorders that affect the brain. Watch this slideshow to learn about causes, diagnosis, treatments, medications and caring for people that suffer from these disorders.
Watch this slideshow on Alzheimer's disease and get a caregiver's guide to understanding the disease, symptoms and stages.
Related Disease Conditions
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Alzheimer's Diagnosis: Your Family's Questions Answered
Is there any difference between Alzheimer's disease and Dementia? Is Alzheimer's disease deadly? Find out the truth about...
Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms & Early Diagnosis
Learn the early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Memory loss and confusion can be signs of normal aging, but...
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, patients may experience memory impairment, lapses of judgment, and subtle changes in...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
What foods are associated with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia? Cognitive function is predicated on good...
Picture of Brain Layers
That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). See a picture of Brain Layers and learn more...
Picture of Brain
The brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. See a picture of the Brain and learn more about the...
Picture of Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
T2-weighted image showing diffuse asymmetric (L > R) bilateral frontoparietal atrophy (arrows) in a 54-year-old woman with...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of Huntington's Disease
Huntington's disease is a hereditary disorder caused by a faulty gene for a protein called huntingtin. See a picture of...
Picture of Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of progressive dementia. See a picture of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) and...
Picture of Pituitary Gland
The main endocrine gland. See a picture of Pituitary Gland and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship, Calm to Nursing Home Residents
- A New and Better Way to 'Stage' Alzheimer's Patients?
- Active Brain and Body Are Powerful Weapons Against Dementia
- Alzheimer's Genes Might Show Effects in Your 20s
- Could Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Throughout the Brain?
- Alzheimer's Vaccine Shows Promise in Mice
- Anemia Linked to Higher Odds for Dementia in Seniors
- Approach That New Gene Testing Kit With Caution
- At Risk for Alzheimer's? Exercise Might Help Keep It at Bay
- Blood Test Might Yield Early Warning of Alzheimer's
- Blood Test May Spot Brain Changes of Early Alzheimer's
- Brain Scans Spot, Track Alzheimer's
- Can Alzheimer's Be Spread? Mouse Study Hints It's Possible
- Can Your Eating Habits Keep Alzheimer's at Bay?
- Cancer Survivors May Have Lower Odds for Dementia
- Certain Female Vets May Face Higher Dementia Risk
- Clues to Why Women Have Higher Odds for Alzheimer's
- Common Blood Pressure Med Might Help Fight Alzheimer's
- Could Computers, Crafts Help Preserve the Aging Brain?
- Could Diabetes Drugs Help Curb Alzheimer's?
- Could Gut Bacteria Be Linked to Dementia Risk?
- Deep Brain 'Zap' Restores Vivid Memories to Alzheimer's Patients
- Dementia Caregivers Often Face Sleepless Nights
- Dementia May Strike Differently, Depending on Race
- Depression, Alzheimer's Might Be Part of Same Process in Some Aging Brains: Study
- Doctors' Office Dementia Tests Are Often Wrong: Study
- Dodge Dementia With Healthy Lifestyle
- Education No Match Against Alzheimer's
- Even a Little More Exercise Might Help Your Brain Stay Young
- Even Distant Relatives' History Could Up Your Alzheimer's Risk
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk: WHO
- FDA Warns 17 Companies About Illegal Alzheimer's Disease Products
- For Down Syndrome Adults, Death and Dementia Often Come Together
- For People at High Risk, Evidence That Exercise Might Slow Alzheimer's
- Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Has Dementia
- Frailty a Risk Factor for Dementia
- Getting Hitched Might Lower Your Odds for Dementia
- Give Seniors a Memory Check at Annual Checkups, Experts Say
- Gum Disease Bacteria Found in Brains of Alzheimer's Disease Patients
- Hard Arteries Hard on the Aging Brain?
- Health Tip: Should You Be Worried About Memory Loss?
- Health Tip: Brain Games for Seniors
- Health Tip: Caring for a Person With Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Dementia and Driving
- Health Tip: Diagnosing Alzheimer's Early
- Health Tip: Improving Your Memory
- Health Tip: What Causes Memory Loss?
- Healthy Diet Might Not Lower Dementia Risk
- Healthy Living Can Cut Odds for Alzheimer's in People at Genetic Risk
- Heart-Healthy Habits Good For Your Brain
- High LDL Cholesterol Tied to Early-Onset Alzheimer's
- Does Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Raise Dementia Risk?
- How Puzzles, Games Might Help Your Aging Brain
- How You Can Help Head Off Alzheimer's Disease
- It's Never Too Late for New Brain Cells
- Just 6 Months of Walking May Boost Aging Brains
- Keep Moving to Keep Brain Sharp in Old Age
- Left-Handed Genes May Influence Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- More Alzheimer's Drug Trial Failures: Are Researchers on the Wrong Track?
- Nearly 1 in 4 Home Care Aides Faces Verbal Abuse
- Newly Discovered Illness May Cause Nearly 1 in 5 Dementias, Experts Say
- Only Spoken Words Processed in Newly Discovered Brain Region
- Opioids Put Alzheimer's Patients at Risk of Pneumonia: Study
- Plunging Temperatures a Threat to People With Alzheimer's
- How to Protect a Loved One With Dementia During a Heat Wave
- Rate of U.S. Deaths Tied to Dementia Has More Than Doubled
- Financial Scammers Often Prey on People With Early Dementia
- Scientists Find 5 New Genes That Sway Alzheimer's Risk
- Sleep Patterns May Offer Clues to Alzheimer's
- More Evidence That Socializing Helps Protect the Aging Brain
- Standard Memory Tests for Seniors Might Differ by Gender
- Stay Social to Help Cut Your Odds of Dementia
- Key Strategies When Caring for a Loved One With Dementia
- Can Strict Blood Pressure Control Lower Dementia Risk?
- Sudoku, Crosswords Could Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Too Few Seniors Are Getting Their Memory Tested
- Too Much Napping May Signal Alzheimer's
- Too Much TV Might Dull the Aging Brain
- For Some, Trouble Tracking Finances Could Be Sign of Dementia
- What Helps Calm Agitated Dementia Patients?
- Widely Prescribed Class of Meds Might Raise Dementia Risk
- Your Personality as a Teen May Predict Your Risk of Dementia: Study
- Alzheimer's and Memories
- Alzheimer's Cure Elusive Despite Progress
- Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Alzheimer's Drug Approved (Memantine)
- Alzheimer's Drug: Can a Pill Make You Smarter?
- Alzheimer's or Absentminded?
- Alzheimer's Treatment New Thinking
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Memory - Use it Or Lose It
- Memory Exercises That Work
- Multi-Infarct Dementia versus Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer's: Should You Be Tested?