Trending Alzheimer's Topics
Dementia is a collection of disorders that affect the brain. Watch this slideshow to learn about causes, diagnosis, treatments, medications and caring for people that suffer from these disorders.
Watch this slideshow on Alzheimer's disease and get a caregiver's guide to understanding the disease, symptoms and stages.
Related Disease Conditions
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Alzheimer's Diagnosis: Your Family's Questions Answered
Is there any difference between Alzheimer's disease and Dementia? Is Alzheimer's disease deadly? Find out the truth about...
Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms & Early Diagnosis
Learn the early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Memory loss and confusion can be signs of normal aging, but...
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, patients may experience memory impairment, lapses of judgment, and subtle changes in...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
What foods are associated with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia? Cognitive function is predicated on good...
Picture of Brain Layers
That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). See a picture of Brain Layers and learn more...
Picture of Brain
The brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. See a picture of the Brain and learn more about the...
Picture of Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
T2-weighted image showing diffuse asymmetric (L > R) bilateral frontoparietal atrophy (arrows) in a 54-year-old woman with...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of Huntington's Disease
Huntington's disease is a hereditary disorder caused by a faulty gene for a protein called huntingtin. See a picture of...
Picture of Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of progressive dementia. See a picture of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) and...
Picture of Pituitary Gland
The main endocrine gland. See a picture of Pituitary Gland and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Markers' of Alzheimer's Don't Doom You to Dementia
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Be a Brain Buffer
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship, Calm to Nursing Home Residents
- 1 in 9 U.S. Adults Over 45 Reports Memory Problems
- Active Brain and Body Are Powerful Weapons Against Dementia
- Alzheimer's Drug Trial Offers New Hope, But Uncertainty, Too
- Could Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Throughout the Brain?
- Alzheimer's Vaccine Shows Promise in Mice
- Approach That New Gene Testing Kit With Caution
- Bill Gates Pushes Effort to Improve Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Blood Test Might Yield Early Warning of Alzheimer's
- Brain Scans Spot, Track Alzheimer's
- Can Alzheimer's Be Spread? Mouse Study Hints It's Possible
- Can Exercise Help Curb Dementia? One Study Says No
- Certain Female Vets May Face Higher Dementia Risk
- Does a Woman's Childbearing History Affect Her Alzheimer's Risk?
- Could Aspirin Help Keep Alzheimer's Away?
- Could Diabetes Drugs Help Curb Alzheimer's?
- Could Gut Bacteria Be Linked to Dementia Risk?
- Could Herpes Virus Help Cause Alzheimer's?
- Could Herpes Virus Play a Role in Alzheimer's?
- Could Pot-Linked Drug Help Ease Agitation in Alzheimer's?
- Daytime Drowsiness a Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Dementia May Strike Differently, Depending on Race
- Dialysis Linked to Dementia in Seniors
- Doctors' Office Dementia Tests Are Often Wrong: Study
- Education No Match Against Alzheimer's
- Even a Little More Exercise Might Help Your Brain Stay Young
- Even Distant Relatives' History Could Up Your Alzheimer's Risk
- Exercise May Boost Brain Power in Alzheimer's, Mouse Study Suggests
- Exercise May Delay Rare Form of Alzheimer's
- Eye Disease Link to Alzheimer's Seen
- Eyes Could Be Window to Predicting Alzheimer's
- FDA Warns 17 Companies About Illegal Alzheimer's Disease Products
- For Down Syndrome Adults, Death and Dementia Often Come Together
- Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Has Dementia
- Frailty a Risk Factor for Dementia
- Scientists Spot Gene Linking Down Syndrome, Early Alzheimer's
- Get Dizzy Upon Standing? It Could Be Sign of Dementia Risk
- Gum Disease Bacteria Found in Brains of Alzheimer's Disease Patients
- Hard Arteries Hard on the Aging Brain?
- Health Tip: Should You Be Worried About Memory Loss?
- Health Tip: 10 Signs of Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Caring for a Person With Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Diagnosing Alzheimer's Early
- Health Tip: Help Kids Understand Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Improving Your Memory
- Health Tip: Living With Dementia
- Health Tip: What Causes Memory Loss?
- Healthy Diet Might Not Lower Dementia Risk
- Does Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Raise Dementia Risk?
- How Common Is Dementia Among LGBT Seniors?
- How Puzzles, Games Might Help Your Aging Brain
- Just 6 Months of Walking May Boost Aging Brains
- Keep Moving to Keep Brain Sharp in Old Age
- Life Is Short After Dementia Diagnosis, No Matter Your Age
- Many Americans Curious, But Wary, About Gene Testing
- Many Americans With Dementia Don't Know They Have It: Study
- Map of Mouse Hippocampus Could Be Weapon Against Alzheimer's
- More Alzheimer's Drug Trial Failures: Are Researchers on the Wrong Track?
- More Alzheimer's Gene Links Found
- Newly Discovered Illness May Cause Nearly 1 in 5 Dementias, Experts Say
- Only Spoken Words Processed in Newly Discovered Brain Region
- Plunging Temperatures a Threat to People With Alzheimer's
- Poor Seniors May Be More Vulnerable to Dementia
- Rate of U.S. Deaths Tied to Dementia Has More Than Doubled
- Robots May Soon Join Ranks of Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Financial Scammers Often Prey on People With Early Dementia
- Scientists Find 5 New Genes That Sway Alzheimer's Risk
- Severity of Alzheimer's Can Vary by Season
- Short Bout of Exercise Might Boost Your Memory
- Sleep Patterns May Offer Clues to Alzheimer's
- Sleeping Pills May Be Poor Choice for Dementia Patients
- Key Strategies When Caring for a Loved One With Dementia
- Can Strict Blood Pressure Control Lower Dementia Risk?
- The Right Lighting Can Calm Alzheimer's Patients
- Too Few Seniors Are Getting Their Memory Tested
- Too Much TV Might Dull the Aging Brain
- U.S. Alzheimer's Cases to Nearly Triple by 2060
- Virtual Reality as a Window Into Dementia
- What's the Dollar Cost of Caring for a Loved One With Alzheimer's?
- Why Alzheimer's May Be Tougher to Spot in Women
- Alzheimer's and Memories
- Alzheimer's Cure Elusive Despite Progress
- Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Alzheimer's Disease: Caregiving Challenges
- Alzheimer's Disease: Coping with Changes in Daily Life
- Alzheimer's Drug Approved (Memantine)
- Alzheimer's Drug: Can a Pill Make You Smarter?
- Alzheimer's or Absentminded?
- Alzheimer's Treatment New Thinking
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Memory - Use it Or Lose It
- Memory Exercises That Work
- Multi-Infarct Dementia versus Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer's: Should You Be Tested?