Trending Alzheimer's Topics
Dementia is a collection of disorders that affect the brain. Watch this slideshow to learn about causes, diagnosis, treatments, medications and caring for people that suffer from these disorders.
Watch this slideshow on Alzheimer's disease and get a caregiver's guide to understanding the disease, symptoms and stages.
Related Disease Conditions
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Alzheimer's Diagnosis: Your Family's Questions Answered
Is there any difference between Alzheimer's disease and Dementia? Is Alzheimer's disease deadly? Find out the truth about...
Alzheimer's Disease Symptoms & Early Diagnosis
Learn the early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Memory loss and confusion can be signs of normal aging, but...
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
Picture of Alzheimer's Disease
In the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, patients may experience memory impairment, lapses of judgment, and subtle changes in...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
What foods are associated with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia? Cognitive function is predicated on good...
Picture of Brain Layers
That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). See a picture of Brain Layers and learn more...
Picture of Brain
The brain is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. See a picture of the Brain and learn more about the...
Picture of Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
T2-weighted image showing diffuse asymmetric (L > R) bilateral frontoparietal atrophy (arrows) in a 54-year-old woman with...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of Huntington's Disease
Huntington's disease is a hereditary disorder caused by a faulty gene for a protein called huntingtin. See a picture of...
Picture of Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of progressive dementia. See a picture of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) and...
Picture of Pituitary Gland
The main endocrine gland. See a picture of Pituitary Gland and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Markers' of Alzheimer's Don't Doom You to Dementia
- 'Moderate' Drinking May Be a Brain Buffer
- 'Smart Dresser' Might Help Alzheimer's Patients Clothe Themselves
- 'What's That Word?' Fitness Helps Seniors Find It
- 1 in 9 U.S. Adults Over 45 Reports Memory Problems
- Alzheimer's Drug Trial Offers New Hope, But Uncertainty, Too
- Alzheimer's Stigma a Barrier to Prevention, Care: Survey
- Alzheimer's Vaccine Shows Promise in Mice
- Poor Trial Results for Another Experimental Alzheimer's Drug
- Bill Gates Pushes Effort to Improve Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Brain 'Pacemaker' Might Help Slow Alzheimer's
- Brain Injuries Linked With Dementia Risk
- Can Alzheimer's Be Spread? Mouse Study Hints It's Possible
- Can Exercise Help Curb Dementia? One Study Says No
- Certain Female Vets May Face Higher Dementia Risk
- Does a Woman's Childbearing History Affect Her Alzheimer's Risk?
- Could Aspirin Help Keep Alzheimer's Away?
- Could Diabetes Drugs Help Curb Alzheimer's?
- Could Herpes Virus Help Cause Alzheimer's?
- Could Herpes Virus Play a Role in Alzheimer's?
- Could Pot-Linked Drug Help Ease Agitation in Alzheimer's?
- Daytime Drowsiness a Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Dementia May Be More Common in Rural Areas
- Dialysis Linked to Dementia in Seniors
- Health Tip: Disaster Preparedness For People With Alzheimer's
- Doctors' Office Dementia Tests Are Often Wrong: Study
- Drug Might Be Safer Alternative to Ease Dementia Psychosis
- Exercise May Boost Brain Power in Alzheimer's, Mouse Study Suggests
- Exercise May Delay Rare Form of Alzheimer's
- Eye Disease Link to Alzheimer's Seen
- Eyes Could Be Window to Predicting Alzheimer's
- Eyes May Be Window Into Future Memory Loss
- Fit Middle-Aged Women May Fend Off Dementia Later
- For Down Syndrome Adults, Death and Dementia Often Come Together
- Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Has Dementia
- Scientists Spot Gene Linking Down Syndrome, Early Alzheimer's
- Get Dizzy Upon Standing? It Could Be Sign of Dementia Risk
- Hard Arteries Hard on the Aging Brain?
- Health Tip: Should You Be Worried About Memory Loss?
- Health Tip: 10 Signs of Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Alzheimer's and the Holidays
- Health Tip: Help Kids Understand Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Living With Dementia
- Health Tip: What Causes Memory Loss?
- Heartburn Meds Not Tied to Hip Fractures in Alzheimer's Patients
- Heavy Drinkers Put Themselves at Risk for Dementia
- How Common Is Dementia Among LGBT Seniors?
- How Puzzles, Games Might Help Your Aging Brain
- What Works Best to Keep Drivers With Dementia Off the Road
- Life Is Short After Dementia Diagnosis, No Matter Your Age
- Making Life With Dementia More Bearable
- Many Americans Curious, But Wary, About Gene Testing
- Many Americans With Dementia Don't Know They Have It: Study
- Map of Mouse Hippocampus Could Be Weapon Against Alzheimer's
- Mid-Life Stresses May Be Tied to Late-Life Dementia Risk
- More Alzheimer's Gene Links Found
- Music May Calm the Agitation of Alzheimer's
- Poor Seniors May Be More Vulnerable to Dementia
- Poor Sleep May Heighten Alzheimer's Risk
- Robots May Soon Join Ranks of Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Scientists Remove Alzheimer's Brain Plaques in Mice
- Seizure Drug May Help Ease Symptoms of Major Form of Dementia
- Severity of Alzheimer's Can Vary by Season
- Short Bout of Exercise Might Boost Your Memory
- Sleeping Pills May Be Poor Choice for Dementia Patients
- Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
- Key Strategies When Caring for a Loved One With Dementia
- The Focus Shifts in Alzheimer's Research
- The High Costs of Alzheimer's
- The Right Lighting Can Calm Alzheimer's Patients
- Therapy Reverses Alzheimer's Brain Plaque Buildup -- in Mice
- There's Still No Proven Way to Prevent Alzheimer's
- U.S. Alzheimer's Cases to Nearly Triple by 2060
- Virtual Reality as a Window Into Dementia
- What Caregivers Should Know About Alzheimer's
- What's the Dollar Cost of Caring for a Loved One With Alzheimer's?
- When Do You Take Guns From Someone With Dementia?
- Why Alzheimer's May Be Tougher to Spot in Women
- Another Alzheimer's Drug Fails: What Makes This Disease So Tough to Fight?
- Your Attitude About Aging Might Affect Odds for Dementia
- Alzheimer's and Memories
- Alzheimer's Cure Elusive Despite Progress
- Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Alzheimer's Disease: Caregiving Challenges
- Alzheimer's Disease: Coping with Changes in Daily Life
- Alzheimer's Drug Approved (Memantine)
- Alzheimer's Drug: Can a Pill Make You Smarter?
- Alzheimer's or Absentminded?
- Alzheimer's Treatment New Thinking
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Memory - Use it Or Lose It
- Memory Exercises That Work
- Multi-Infarct Dementia versus Alzheimer Disease
- Alzheimer's: Should You Be Tested?