- Cervical Cancer Slideshow Pictures
- 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Ignore Slideshow
- Ovarian Cancer Slideshow Pictures
- What is altretamine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for altretamine?
- Is altretamine available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for altretamine?
- What are the side effects of altretamine?
- What is the dosage for altretamine?
- Is altretamine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about altretamine?
What is altretamine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
What are the side effects of altretamine?
Common side effects are:
Is altretamine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
What else should I know about altretamine?
What preparations of altretamine are available?
Capsules of 50 mg.
How should I keep altretamine stored?
Capsules should be stored at room temperature, 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F).
White blood cell counts and platelet counts may drop with altretamine treatment, increasing the risk of infection and bleeding, respectively.
Daily Health News
Altretamine (Hexalen) is an oral medication prescribed for the treatment of ovarian cancer. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Related Disease Conditions
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.