An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. When these allergens come in contact with the body, it causes the immune system to develop an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to it. It is estimated that 50 million North Americans are affected by allergic conditions. The parts of the body that are prone to react to allergies include the eyes, nose, lungs, skin, and stomach. Common allergic disorders include hay fever, asthma, allergic eyes, allergic eczema, hives, and allergic shock. Read more: Allergy (Allergies) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Allergies Quiz: Symptoms & Home Remedies
What are the causes of allergies? This online quiz challenges your knowledge of common food and household allergens,...
Human Body Quiz: Human Body Systems & Organs
The Human Body Quiz will help you learn about your little-known body parts! Take this quiz to learn more about your body and what...
Picture of Atopic Dermatitis
This condition is the most common of all pediatric dermatoses. See a picture of Atopic Dermatitis and learn more about the...
Picture of Eye Allergies
Severe allergic eye symptoms can be very distressing and are a common reason for visits to the allergist or ophthalmologist. See...
Picture of Allergic Reaction to Lipstick Tattoo
Some people develop allergic reactions to tattoo pigments -- especially red pigments. See a picture of Lipstick Tattoo Allergic...
Picture of Tattoo Allergic Reaction
Exuberant blistering reaction in red tattoo pigment. See a picture of Tattoo Allergic Reaction and learn more about the health...
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis
The development of an itchy eczematous eruption near the umbilicus is virtually pathognomonic for contact dermatitis to nickel....
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis from Necklace
Allergy to nickel is one of the most common causes of contact dermatitis in children. See a Nickel Contact Dermatitis from...
Picture of Iododerma and Bromoderma Granulomatous Reaction
Another baleful characteristic of drug eruptions from halides is persistence and extension of reaction once it occurs. See a...
Picture of Fixed Drug Eruption
A large red-violet plaque on the arm of a child. See a picture of Fixed Drug Eruption and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Gingival Hyperplasia from Phenytoin
The mechanisms of adverse reactions to drugs vary. Some, like the urticarial or eczematous, are clearly based on an allergic or...
Picture of Iododerma and Bromoderma
Iodides and bromides are drugs that can cause severe adverse cutaneous reactions, and of these, the worst are acneiform,...
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Tattoo)
Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly common phenomenon. See a picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis...
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Arm)
Allergic contact dermatitis (reaction to temporary tattoo). Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly...
Picture of Dermatitis Medicamentosa
Diagnosing drug eruptions has become a common experience to practitioners in all branches of modern medicine. See a picture of...
Picture of Dermatitis Medicamentosa (Back)
Drug eruptions may mimic nearly the entire range of dermatoses of other causes. See a picture of Dermatitis Medicamentosa (Back)...
Picture of Urticaria
This is a close-up view of wheals with white-to-light-pink color centrally and peripheral erythema. See a picture of Urticaria...
Picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema
Eczema is a skin condition caused by inflammation. See a picture of Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema and learn more about the health...
Picture of Henna Tattoo Reactions
The FDA has received complaints from people who have received products marketed as henna temporary tattoos, especially so-called...
Picture of Poison Ivy
Poison ivy has characteristic shiny, red, three-leaf configuration. See a picture of Poison Ivy and learn more about the health...
Bad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
What do bed bug bites look like? See spider bite pictures and learn how to identify bug bites from mosquitos, bees, bed bugs,...
Common Childhood Skin Disorders
What are the most common skin rashes in children? Learn about childhood eczema, ring worm, chicken pox and more. Get the facts on...
Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers
Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system where the body's defenses react to substances such as pollen, food and more....
Home Allergy Quiz: Is Your Home Allergy-Proof?
Take this home allergy quiz and test your knowledge on allergens, dust mites, pollens and more to see how allergy-proof your home...
Cosmetics Quiz: Test Your Skin Savvy
Take this quiz and test your skin savvy on makeup, mascara, and other cosmetic skincare beauty products....
When Animal (Allergies) Attack: Pet Allergy Symptoms, Treatment
How do you control and relieve pet allergies? How do you prevent pet allergies? Learn dog and cat allergy symptoms, the cause of...
10 Worst Cities for Spring Allergies With Pictures
See pictures of the top 10 "spring allergy capitals", according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). From...
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis) Symptoms & Treatment
Sinus infection (sinusitis) symptoms can include headaches, a sore throat, and toothaches. Chronic sinusitis may be caused by...
Tattoo Pictures: The Scoop on Tattoo Safety, Removal, and More
Get the scoop on tattoo safety, tattoo risks, tattoo care, and what to expect from tattoo removal....
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Nasal Irrigation: Natural Relief for Cold & Allergy Symptoms
Nasal irrigation can relieve sinus symptoms associated with colds & allergies. Learn how nasal irrigation can help unclog sinuses...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Tips for a Healthy and Safe Home
A safe and healthy home should support our health. Learn how to keep each room in your house (kitchen, bathroom, attic, garage,...
The Most Common Food Allergies for Kids and Adults
What common food allergens cause the most problems for adults and children? See this list of common food allergies and learn to...
Out-of-Control Allergy Symptoms: Treatment Relief in Pictures
Learn 10 signs your allergies are out of control. See these surprising allergy symptoms and find out how to get relief for...
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) is a common allergic skin condition. Get the latest information on causes of eczema and skin rash...
Nasal Allergy Attack: Causes, Triggers, Treatments
What causes allergies? What are your allergy triggers? Discover how allergies work, why our bodies react to them, whether...
Children’s Health: 11 Causes of Common Skin Rashes
What causes skin rashes in children? See which chemicals in your home could be causing your child's skin rash, irritated skin,...
8 First Aid Kit Essentials for Scrapes, Cuts, Bug Bites, and More in Pictures
Are you always prepared for a first aid crisis? See which basic first aid items to pack to treat minor scrapes, cuts, and stings...
Managing Severe Allergies at School
Learn how to manage and be prepared for severe allergies at school. Discover how to protect you child from food allergies, insect...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Your Face: A Window Into Your Health
What medical problems appear on your face? Look into the mirror and find out. Jaundice, glaucoma, skin cancer, and cracked lips...
Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting Medications
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug...
Related Disease Conditions
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Canker Sores (Causes, Home Remedies, Treatment, and Prevention)
Canker sores are a common complaint, and are small ulcers on the inside of the mouth. Canker sores aren't contagious (as opposed...
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
Latex allergy is a condition where the body reacts to latex, a natural product derived from the rubber tree. The reaction can...
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...
Poison ivy, oak, and sumac contain a substance called urushiol, which causes a rash on people who come in contact with them....
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
Insect Sting Allergies
The majority of stinging insects in the United States are from bees, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, and fire ants. Severity of...
Hives (Urticaria & Angioedema)
Hives, also called urticaria, is a raised, itchy area of skin that is usually a sign of an allergic reaction. The allergy may be...
Bad breath can result from poor oral hygiene habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath, also called...
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
A frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is when the shoulder joint experiences a significant loss in its range of motion due to...
Hoarseness (abnormal deep, harsh, raspy voice) is caused by a variety of conditions in which the larynx (voice box and vocal...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include: An itchy, runny nose Sneezing Itchy ears, eyes, and...
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
Eustachian Tube Problems (Ear Tube Dysfunction, Blockage)
The Eustachian tube is a membrane lined tube that connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose. Symptoms of Eustachian...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Asthma: Over the Counter Treatment
Patients who have infrequent, mild bouts of asthma attacks may use over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat their asthma...
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments
Before treating a cold, the flu, or allergies with over-the-counter (OTC) medications, it's important to know what's causing the...
Eye Care and Eye Disorder
Many common eye disorders resolve without treatment and some may be managed with over-the-counter (OTC) products. It's important...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time, and can be fatal....
The allergic cascade refers to allergic reactions that happen in the body in response to allergens. A variety of immune cells and...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
About 1% to 2% of people in the U.S. have a peanut allergy. Symptoms and signs of a peanut allergy include rash, hives, redness,...
Itch (Itching or Pruritus)
Itching can be a common problem. Itches can be localized or generalized. There are many causes of itching to include: infection...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Fragrances and preservatives in cosmetics may cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms include redness, itching, and...
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Asthma in Children
Asthma in children manifests with symptoms such as coughing and wheezing. Rates of asthma in children are increasing. Asthma in...
The cornea is the clear outer layer of the eye. If it is damaged by disease, infection, or injury, vision problems may occur....
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Eosinophilic esophagitis is an inflammation of the esophagus. Eosinophilic esophagitis has many causes including acid reflux,...
Bed bugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals....
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Drug Allergy (Medication Allergy)
Drug or medication allergies are caused when the immune system mistakenly creates an immune response to a medication. Symptoms of...
Bug Bites and Stings
Bug bites and stings have been known to transmit insect-borne illnesses such as West Nile virus, Rocky Mountain spotted fever,...
Keratosis pilaris (KP) is a common skin disorder in which small white or red bumps appear around hair follicles on the upper...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose,...
Bee and Wasp Sting
Bees, wasps, and fire ants are related insects that belong to the Hymenoptera order. There are thousands of species of wasps...
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids. Acne rosacea, Staphylococcal bacteria, allergies, sensitivities to makeup or contact...
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Dry skin (xeroderma) may be caused by external factors, like cold temperatures, low humidity, harsh soaps, and certain...
Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS)
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a condition that causes pain in the mouth. BMS may be caused by menopause, dry mouth or...
Occupational asthma is a type of asthma caused by exposure to a substance in the workplace. Symptoms and signs include wheezing,...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Children's Cough Causes and Treatments
Children's cough causes include infection, acid reflux, asthma, allergies or sinus infection, whooping cough, and exposure to...
Intertrigo is irritant dermatitis, usually found in skin folds, that is caused by rubbing, increased temperature, and moisture....
Contact dermatitis is a rash that occurs after exposure to an irritant. It can be allergic. Symptoms include a red, elevated rash...
Are Hives (Urticaria) Contagious?
Hives are not contagious are triggered by an allergic response to a substance. Symptoms and signs of hives include a raised,...
Is the Stomach Flu Contagious?
The stomach flu (gastroenteritis) refers to variety infections that occur in the GI (gastrointestinal tract). The stomach flu is...
Is Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) Contagious?
The medical term for a sore throat is pharyngitis. There are many causes of a sore throat such as medications, diseases (GERD,...
What Is Mucus?
Mucus is a normal substance produced by lining tissues in the body. Excess mucus or mucus that is yellow, green, brown, or bloody...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Allergies - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with allergies.Post View 112 Comments
Allergies - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?Post View 76 Comments
Allergies - Causes
What causes your allergy symptoms? What are you allergic to?Post View 16 Comments
Allergies - Asthma
Do you have asthma along with your allergies?Post View 6 Comments
Allergies - Food
Have you ever experienced anaphylaxis due to a food allergy?Post View 2 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Asthma & Allergy Specialist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Sinus Surgery (Patient Instructions)
- Pneumococcal Vaccination (Pneumonia Vaccine)
- Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot)
- ELISA Tests
- Skin Test for Allergy
- Cortisone Injection
- Duodenal Biliary Drainage
- Trigger Point Injection
- Dental Crowns
- Collagen and Injectable Fillers
- Vaccination FAQs
- Allergy Shots
- Self Care: How Can I Help My Doctor?
- Vaginal Pain
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
- Watery Eye
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Allergy Attacks? Fight Back
- Allergy: Taking the Sting Out of Insect Allergies
- Allergy: Winning the War Against Allergies
- Runny Nose
- Dry Skin
- Nasal Congestion
- Swollen Eyes
- Swollen Lip
- Sore Tongue
- Eye Discharge
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Penile Itching
- Leg Sores
- Red Spots on the Skin
- Chapped Lips (Cheilitis)
- Allergies FAQs
- Human Body FAQs
- Allergy to Stinging Insects Can Be Life Threatening
- 5 Food Allergy Myths
- What Causes Asthma?
- Acute Bronchitis Treatment Treatment Medications and Home Remedies
- OTC Cold and Cough Medications
- Home and Family
- Common Myths and Truths About Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, and Poison Sumac
- Air Travel, Colds, and Sinus Infections
- Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthier Home
- Pharmacy Visit, How To Get The Most Out of Your Visit
- Rash: Can Soaps & Detergents Cause A Rash
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - General
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - Allergy
- Air Pollution and Allergies: A Connection?
- Are Hives Always Caused by an Allergy?
- Wedding Ring Rash
- Skin: Are Hypoallergenic Cosmetics Really Better?
- Asthma Rates Increasing
- Mold Hazards, A Story From New Orleans
- Deaths Rise with Ground-Level Ozone Warning
- Sense of Smell Wins Nobel Prize
- Claritin Cleared of Birth Defect Hypospadias
- Allergies: Don't Sneeze at Allergy Relief
Medications & Supplements
- loratadine - oral, Claritin
- fexofenadine 24-hour tablet - oral, Allegra
- fexofenadine - oral, Allegra
- fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine extended-release - oral, Allegra D
- pseudoephedrine/loratadine 24-hour tablet - oral, Claritin-D
- cetirizine - oral, Zyrtec
- desloratadine - oral, Clarinex
- loratadine/pseudoephedrine sustained-release - oral, Claritin-D
- loratadine liquid - oral, Claritin
- loratadine dispersible tablet - oral, Alavert ODT, Claritin RediTabs
- promethazine - oral, Phenergan
- cetirizine liquid - oral, Zyrtec
- fexofenadine, Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Children's Allegra, Mucinex Allergy
- chlorpheniramine, pseudoephedrine, Deconamine (Discontinued)
- loratadine, Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert, Claritin Hives Relief, Children's Claritin
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- prednisolone (Flo-Pred, Pediapred, Orapred, Orapred ODT)
- salmeterol, Serevent
- beclomethasone dipropionate nasal inhaler-spray, Vancenase, Beconase
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler (Qvar)
- cetirizine, Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy, Zyrtec Hives
- loratadine and pseudoephedrine (Alavert Allergy & Sinus, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 hour)
- mometasone, Elocon
- promethazine, Phenergan, Phenadoz, Promethegan
- fluticasone (Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief)
- budesonide nasal inhaler (Rhinocort Allergy, Rhinocort Aqua)
- fluticasone propionate oral inhaler, Flovent (Discontinued), Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA
- cromolyn, Nasalcrom, Gastrocrom (Intal, Opticrom are discontinued)
- flunisolide nasal spray, Aerospan (Nasalide, Aerobid, Aerobid HFA are discontinued)
- hydrocortisone valerate (Westcort brand has been discontinued in the US)
- triamcinolone acetonide nasal inhaler-spray, Nasacort (discontinued brand in USA); Nasacort AQ
- diphenhydramine, Benadryl
- hydroxyzine (Vistaril)
- fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine, Allegra-D
- mometasone furoate, Nasonex
- azelastine, Astelin, Astepro
- Nasal Allergy Medications
- desloratadine, Clarinex, Clarinex Reditabs
- Antihistamines (Oral)
- fluorometholone suspension - ophthalmic, FML, FML Forte
- sodium chloride - intranasal spray (Ocean, Ayr Saline, Humist, NaSal, Little Noses, Ocean)
- propylene glycol/polyethylene glycol spray - nasal, Rhinaris
- epinastine - ophthalmic, Elestat
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) Dietary Supplement
- clemastine - oral, Tavist
- Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- EpiPen (epinephrine auto-injector, EpiPen Jr)
- pseudoephedrine (Oral, Afrinol, Sudafed)
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler/spray; Beconase AQ, QNASL
- Antihistamine Shots (Injections)
- Nasal Decongestants
- hydrocortisone injection (Solu-Cortef, A-Hydrocort)
- propylene glycol/polyethylene glycol gel - nasal, Rhinaris
- epinephrine injection (Auvi-Q)
- azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate (Dymista)
- Bronchodilators (Drug Class)
- Claritin (loratadine) vs. Zyrtec (cetirizine)
- Rhinocort Aqua
- Orapred ODT
- Flovent Diskus
- Flovent HFA
- Allegra-D 24 Hour
- Clemastine Fumarate Syrup
- Clarinex-D 12hr
- Triamcinolone Cream
- Serevent Diskus
- Claritin D
- Benadryl Injection
- Triamcinolone Lotion
- Triamcinolone Ointment
- Nasacort AQ
- Patanase Nasal Spray
- Clarinex-D 24hr
- Fluorometholone Forte
- Phenergan Vc
Prevention & Wellness
- Sniffing Out the Best Allergy Treatment
- Brush Up on Fall Allergies Before Tackling the Leaves
- EpiPen Problems Cited in 7 Deaths Reported to FDA This Year
- Exercising With Asthma or Allergies
- Plan an Allergy-Safe Halloween for Your Child
- Allergy Relief Do's and Don'ts
- Could Pests, Dust Lower Kids' Odds for Asthma?
- Asthma Drug Tied to Nightmares, Depression
- Health Tip: Preventing Food Allergies While Dining Out
- It's a Food Allergy! Where's the School Nurse?
- Pfizer Did Not Investigate EpiPen Problems: FDA
- Health Tip: Symptoms of Sinus Infection
- The Best Way to Diagnose a Food Allergy
- Many Moisturizers Aren't What They Claim to Be
- How to Fight Fall Allergies
- Health Tip: Describing Hay Fever
- Peanut Allergy Pill Works Four Years Later
- EpiPen Maker Settles Government Lawsuit for $465 Million
- Scientists Gain Insight Into Allergies
- Does Your Child Really Have a Food Allergy?
- Asthma Control Essential in Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- Quitting Smoking Can Bring Healthier Sinuses Years Later: Study
- Climate Change Delivers 'Double Whammy' to 4 in 10 Americans
- Too Few Children Get EpiPen When Needed: Study
- Shortage of Bee, Wasp Venom Stings Those With Allergies
- Clif Bar & Company Recalling 12 of Its Products
- Is Your Child's 'Penicillin Allergy' Real?
- Health Tip: Rid Your Bedroom of Allergens
- Arm Yourself Against Insect Sting Allergies
- New EpiPen Competitor Approved by FDA
- New EpiPen Competitor Approved by FDA
- A Sufferer's Guide to Easin' Sneezin' Season
- Health Tip: Recognizing Summer Allergy Symptoms
- Climate Change May Up Asthma Irritant, Study Says
- Shifting Weather Can Unleash Pollen 'Superburst'
- Nearly 4 Percent of Americans Suffer From Food Allergies
- Could Cancer Drug Gleevec Help With Severe Asthma?
- Health Tip: Keep Your Sheets Clean
- Allergies Getting Worse? Blame Climate Change
- Health Tip: Applying Eye Drops
- Expired EpiPens May Still Help Save a Life: Study
- Take Control of Your Asthma
- Climate Change May Worsen Sneezin' Season
- Thunderstorms Can Trigger Asthma Flares, Study Finds
- Summer Camp Prep for Kids With Allergies, Asthma
- What's the Best Seasonal Allergy Med for Your Kid?
- Health Tip: Keep Indoor Air Clean
- City Snow May Be Fouled by Pollution From Cars
- A Surprising Culprit Behind Celiac Disease?
- Nearly 600,000 Asthma Inhalers Recalled
- Health Tip: Asthma and Air Pollution
- EpiPen Out-of-Pocket Costs More Than Doubled Over Decade
- Say Goodbye to Allergy Misery in Spring
- Global EpiPen Recall Now Includes U.S.
- Defect Prompts Mylan to Recall Some Epipens
- Health Tip: Spring Cleaning?
- Ready for Spring Allergies?
- Welcome Spring and Still Survive Your Allergies
- Sinus Trouble Can Lead to Depression, Lost Work
- Early Allergies -- Payback for a Mild Winter?
- Mite-Proof Bedding May Help Curb Asthma Attacks: Study
- Health Tip: Create an Emergency Plan for Deadly Allergy Reaction
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Food Allergies in Kids
- Obesity May Raise Girls' Risk of Asthma, Allergies
- Itching for a Solution to That Rash?
- Asthma Much More Lethal for Black Children, Study Finds
- Can Mom's Vitamin E Head Off Child's Asthma Risk?
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Dust Mite Allergies
- Don't Believe Everything You Read on Skin-Care Product Labels
- Health Tip: Dust Your Home Properly
- Health Tip: Could Allergy Shots Help You?
- Immunotherapy Not a Quick Fix for Hay Fever
- Needed: An 'Action Plan' for Kids Prone to Severe Allergic Reactions
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Check Again
- U.S. Vaccine Guidelines for Flu, HPV Updated
- Politics Behind CDC's Cancellation of Climate Change Conference, Experts Say
- Childhood Asthma May Encourage Obesity, Study Suggests
- New Global Coalition Will Fight Epidemics
- CVS Cuts Price of Generic Competitor to EpiPen
- The Etiquette of Achoo!
- Kids' Asthma Flareups Fall Off After No-Smoking Laws
- Are Heartburn Meds During Pregnancy Linked to Asthma in Kids?
- Weight Loss May Ease Psoriasis Symptoms, Study Finds
- Many Poor Asthma Sufferers Stuck in Settings That Make Their Disease Worse
- Zika Fears, Opioid Abuse Crisis Top Health News for 2016
- Mice May Be Key to Kids' Asthma Attacks at School
- Food Allergies Among Kids Vary by Race: Study
- Zika No Longer 'Global Health Emergency,' WHO Says
- Doctors Talk About Getting Peanuts Into a Baby's Diet, Which May Cut Allergies
- Colleges Not Fully Prepared for Students With Food Allergies: Study
- Antibodies May Hold Key to HIV Suppression
- Food Labels on Potential Allergens May Confuse Shoppers
- Scented Rooms, Products? Many Health-Conscious Americans Say 'No Thanks'
- Skin Patch May Help With Peanut Allergy
- Clean Home May Help Keep Kids' Asthma in Check
- Americans Fed Up With Soaring Drug Prices: HealthDay/Harris Poll
- Mouse Study Hints at Damage Zika May Cause to Adult Brain
- Tips for Keeping Halloween Safe and Fun
- Health Tip: Manage Allergies
- Parents of Kids With Food Allergies Believe They're Allergic, Too
- 6 Keys to a Safe, Allergy-Free Halloween
- Health Tip: Kick Dust Mites Out of Bed
- Top Zika Vaccine Candidate Moves Closer to Field Testing
- Hurdles Ahead for Zika Vaccine: Experts
- Farm Kids Get Fewer Allergies, International Study Finds
- Scientists Zero In on Cause of Rare, Disfiguring Skin Disorder
- Early Introduction of Eggs, Peanuts May Cut Kids' Allergy Risk: Study
- More Must Be Done to Fight 'Superbugs': U.S. Gov't Report
- 'Baby-Led' Weaning Doesn't Raise Choking Risk: Study
- Food Allergies Linked to Raised Risk of Asthma, Hay Fever
- Makeup of Germs in Newborn's Gut May Triple Allergy, Asthma Risk
- Antibiotics Before Age 2 May Be Linked to Allergies Later
- Health Tip: Don't Be Surprised by Fall Allergies
- Mylan to Offer Generic EpiPen
- The True Cost of EpiPen Coupons
- Patent Monopolies Driving High U.S. Drug Prices: Study
- Play a Wind Instrument? Beware 'Bagpipe Lung'
- EpiPen Price Hikes: What to Know
- Peanut Allergy Treatment: The Earlier in Childhood, the Better
- Zika May Have Caused Death of Texas Newborn
- Officials: Aerial Spraying Working Against Miami Mosquitoes
- Health Tip: Using a Neti Pot
- U.S. Launches Early Trial of Zika Vaccine
- Amish Lifestyle Brings Unexpected Benefit: Less Asthma
- Is Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity Real?
- Eczema's Effects More Than Skin Deep
- Neti Pot Beats Steam for Sinus Congestion Relief
- Allergies Less Common in Kids Who Suck Thumb, Bite Nails
- Health Tip: Avoiding Insect Stings
- Easing Your Child's Allergies
- Health Tip: Spot Signs of Summer Allergies
- Health Tip: If Your Child Is Allergic to Dust
- Giving Certain Foods Early May Cut Allergy Risk
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Maybe Not
- Common Meds and Dementia: How Strong Is the Link?
- Even in Taxis, Kids Belong in Safety Seats
- Managing Allergies, Asthma 101
- Antibody Shot Protects Monkeys From HIV-Like Infection
- Kids From Poorer Families May Have Worse Food Allergy Care
- Gene Therapy May Offer Hope for 'Bubble Boy' Disease
- Cow's Milk Allergy in Childhood May Lead to Weaker Bones: Study
- Can Certain Allergy Meds Worsen Restless Legs Syndrome?
- Health Tip: Easing Eye Allergies
- Spring Allergies? Don't Assume It's Only Pollen
- Allergy Med Might Also Fight MS-Linked Eye Damage
- Health Tip: Managing Food Allergy
- Health Tip: Managing a Food Allergy at Work
- Blooming Trees Can Bring Misery to Allergy Sufferers
- An Expert's Guide to Sneezin' Season
- Health Tip: Soothing Pinkeye Discomfort
- Special Infant Formulas Don't Shield Against Asthma, Allergies: Study
- Poverty Linked to Asthma, Allergy Treatment Failure
- Supervised Exposure Therapy for Peanut Allergy Lasts, Study Finds
- Traffic Pollution Tied to Preterm Birth Risk for Asthmatic Women
- Monkey Trial Offers Hope for Future Ebola Treatment for Humans
- Health Tip: Are You Allergic to Dust Mites?
- Prenatal Diet Rich in Vitamin D May Cut Allergy Risk in Kids: Study
- WHO: Neurological Disorder on the Rise in Zika Zones
- Allergy Shots Still Effective for Seniors
- Allergies, Asthma Tied to Lower Risk of Brain Cancer
- New Drug Shows Promise Against Severe Sinusitis
- Parents Often Ill-Informed About Food-Allergy Emergencies
- Health Tip: Considering a Humidifier?
- Health Tip: Dining Out With Food Allergies
- Health Tip: Are You Allergic to Your Pet?
- Health Tip: Recogize Signs of Mold Allergy
- Kids With Asthma, Allergies May Face Higher Heart Risk Factors: Study
- Gene Therapy Shows Early Potential for Rare Immune System Disorder
- Allergy and Asthma Sufferers Beware as Holiday Season Kicks In
- Certain Antibiotic Might Combat Children's Wheezing Episodes
- Food Allergies Tied to Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Maybe Not, Researchers Say
- Breast-Feeding May Not Help Prevent Allergies in Kids, Study Claims
- Don't Assume Siblings Will Have Food Allergies, Too
- Halloween Can Be a Fright for Kids With Food Allergies
- Unexpected Severe Allergic Reactions Strike Many Schools
- Vaccines Rarely Cause Life-Threatening Allergic Reactions: CDC
- Health Tip: Climate Can Affect Allergies
- Health Tip: Is Dust Causing Your Allergy?
- Medical Groups Endorse Early Exposure to Peanut Products for High-Risk Infants
- Household Dust Harbors Thousands of Microbial Species
- Health Tip: If Allergic to Eggs
- Got a Rash? You Might Be Allergic to Nickel, Dermatologist Says
- Add Asthma, Allergy Plans to Your Back-to-School List
- Health Tip: Know the Dangers of Mold
- The Rising Threat of Hidden Food Allergens
- Health Tip: Are You Allergic to Latex?
- Second Severe Allergic Reaction Isn't Uncommon
- How to Avoid July Fourth Allergy Flare-Ups
- Under-the-Tongue Hay Fever Pills Offer Little Benefit: Study
- Soy Supplements Won't Ease Asthma, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Why Is My Nose Bleeding?
- Many Kids With Asthma Also Sensitive to Peanuts: Study
- Health Tip: Pollen Isn't the Only Allergen
- Peanut Allergy Exposure Occurs Most Often at Home, Study Says
- Probiotics May Ease Hay Fever Symptoms
- Is It a Cold or an Allergy?
- Surge in Pollen May Spur Many Cases of Dry Eye
- Health Tip: Manage Allergies in the Bedroom
- Spring Allergy Season Could Be a Bloomin' Nightmare
- Health Tip: When Pollen Counts are High
- Asthma Rates Similar Among Black Children in Urban, Rural Areas: Study
- Do Harsh Winters Mean Worse Allergies?
- Cheap Allergy Drug May Hold Potential as Hepatitis C Treatment
- In Rare Cases, Kids Can Get Food Allergies From Donated Blood
- Breast Milk Bought Online Might Contain Cow's Milk, Study Finds
- Spring Allergies Have Arrived
- Tips for Managing Spring Allergies
- Smog Plus Pollen May Mean Even More Sneezing
- Spring Allergies Coming Into Bloom
- Health Tip: Easing Your Child's Allergies
- Cat, Dust Mite Allergies Linked to Childhood Asthma
- Babies Who Eat Peanuts Early May Avoid Allergy
- Host of Factors Influence Baby's Immune System
- Troops in Middle East May Be at Risk for Lung Problems
- Skin Patch Shows Promise in Easing Peanut Allergy
- Controlled Exposure to Peanuts at Early Age Shows Promise as Allergy Treatment
- Could a Dishwasher Raise Your Child's Allergy, Asthma Risk?
- Milk Lurks in Some Dark Chocolate, Posing Allergy Risk: FDA
- Health Tip: Coping With Mold Allergy
- New Guidelines for People With Nasal Allergies
- Workers May Be Afraid to Discuss Job-Related Asthma
- Certain Allergy, Depression Meds Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Keep Allergies in Mind When Planning Valentine's Day
- Allergy Tests and Food Diets: What Parents Need To Know
- Health Tip: Spotting the Signs of Eye Allergy
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sinusitis
- Health Tip: Watch for Food Allergies
- Experts Urge Quick Use of Epinephrine for Severe Allergic Reactions
- Infants With Eczema May Be More Prone to Peanut Allergy: Study
- Health Tip: What's Behind Allergic Pinkeye?
- 'Tis the Season of Challenges for Those With Food Allergies
- Peanut Protein in Dust May Raise Allergy Risk
- Pollution Down, but Health Risks Persist
- Many Docs Mistaken About Allergies: Study
- Schools With EpiPens Save Lives, Study Says
- Think You're Allergic to Penicillin? Maybe Not
- Climate Change Will Boost Grass Pollen Production, Study Contends
- Childhood Peanut Allergy May Be Linked to Skin Gene Mutation
- Tips for Safe Trick-or-Treating
- Use Chia Seeds With Caution, Researcher Warns
- Health Tip: Listen to Your Child About Food Allergies
- Allergy to Some Metal Implants Linked to Rare Skin Cancer, Study Says
- Medicines Are Biggest Culprit in Fatal Allergic Reactions: Study
- Health Tip: What Causes Hives?
- Common Painkillers Tied to Blood Clot Risk, Study Suggests
- Health Woes to Worsen Due to Climate Change, Study Warns
- More Schools Stocking Shots That Counter Serious Allergic Reactions
- Few Students With Asthma, Allergies Have School Emergency Plan
- Farm Antibiotics May Be Linked to Food Allergies
- More Evidence Breast-Feeding Lowers Child's Risk of Infections, Allergies
- Ebola Outbreak Could Infect 20,000 People, U.N. Says
- Health Tip: Recognizing Hay Fever
- Food Allergies More Common Among Inner City Kids, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Teaching Your Child About Food Allergies
- Stay Out of Stinging Insects' Way This Summer
- Older Women With Asthma Face Worse Health Outcomes
- Over-the-Counter Flonase Allergy Relief Approved
- Kids From Dairy Farms Have Lower Allergy Risk, Study Finds
- iPads Can Trigger Nickel Allergies in Kids
- Health Tip: Minimizing Food Allergies
- New Inhaled Drug Shows Promise Against Asthma, Allergies
- Some Acne Products Can Trigger Severe Allergic Reactions: FDA
- Milk, Egg Allergies Seem to Make Parents Most Anxious
- Sizing Up Your Options for Hay Fever Relief
- Yoga May Not Help Ease Asthma, Study Suggests
- Too-Clean Homes May Encourage Child Allergies, Asthma: Study
- Obama Moves to Cut Power Plant Emissions
- Asthma Linked to Bone Loss in Study
- FDA Panel Says No to Over-the-Counter Allergy Drug Singulair
- FDA Panel Says No to Over-the-Counter Allergy Drug Singulair
- Health Tip: Controlling Dust and Dust Mites
- Winter's Polar Vortex Ushers in Spring's 'Pollen Vortex'
- Got Hay Fever? New Tablets vs. Allergy Shots
- Ragwitek Approved for Adult Ragweed Allergy
- Stress Tied to Worse Allergy Symptoms
- FDA Approves Under-the-Tongue Hay Fever Pill
- Health Tip: Minimizing Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Spring Cleaning Helps Stave Off Allergy Symptoms: Experts
- Health Tip: Antihistamines Have Side Effects
- So Long Snow, Hello Pollen
- FDA Approves Under-the-Tongue Hay Fever Pill
- Spring Pollen Allergies
- Health Tip: Understanding Eye Allergies
- Allergy Season Springs Into Bloom
- Rashes From Wipes, Liquid Soaps on the Rise
- Could 'Nasal Filter' Device Help Ease Allergies?
- Health Tip: Using a Humidifier
- Allergy Rates Surprisingly Similar Across the U.S., Study Finds
- Food Allergies Have Nearly Doubled Among Black Children
- Expectant Mothers' Colds May Affect Baby
- Blood Test Might Help Tell When Peanut Allergy Is Gone: Study
- Health Tip: Inform Your Allergic Child
- Gradual Exposure to Peanuts May Help Some Allergic Kids
- FDA Advisers: Pill for Ragweed Allergy Safe and Effective
- Health Tip: Prevent Dust Allergy Symptoms
- FDA Panel Considers First Pill for Ragweed Allergy
- Stocking Epinephrine in Schools Might Save Lives
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise for Genital Herpes Treatment
- Less Variety in Babies' Gut Bacteria May Lead to Asthma Risk
- Eating More Nuts During Pregnancy Might Help Prevent Allergies in Kids: Study
- Dogs May Guard Babies Against Asthma, Allergies
- Tips for Tackling Winter Allergy Triggers
- Study: Pollen Allergies May Raise Risk for Blood Cancers in Women
- Nasal Allergies, Hay Fever Tied to More Migraines in Study
- Breast Milk With Solid Foods Might Stave Off Allergies
- New Push by Doctors to Limit Antibiotic Use in Kids
- Gelatin Allergy May Mean Extra Care Is Needed With Flu Shot
- Did Bone Marrow Transplant Cure Peanut Allergy?
- Certain Allergies Plus Blood Pressure Meds Could Be Bad Mix
- Cat Allergies Double Among Asthma Sufferers, Study Reveals
- Study: Women at Higher Risk for Allergies, Asthma
- Kids in Southern U.S. More Likely to Have Hay Fever: Study
- Could Mothers' Allergy Shots in Pregnancy Lower Kids' Risk?
- Few Parents Use Kids' Asthma Meds Correctly: Study
- Halloween Safety Tips for Kids With Food Allergies
- Last Two Ozone-Depleting Inhalers Being Phased Out
- Take Infection Precautions When Using Nasal-Rinsing Products: FDA
- Egg Allergy No Obstacle to Child's Flu Shot, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Can I Take an NSAID?
- Health Tip: Dealing With a Child's Cough
- Health Tip: Exercising Despite Allergies and Asthma
- Health Tip: Allergic to Latex?
- Costs for Kids' Food Allergies Estimated at Nearly $25 Billion
- More Menopausal Women Hospitalized for Asthma, Study Finds
- Allergies, Asthma Show Links to ADHD: Study
- Skin Allergies Can Flare Up in Summer Heat
- Obese Kids More Likely to Have Asthma, With Worse Symptoms
- FDA Warns of Rare Skin Reactions to Acetaminophen
- Nasacort Allergy Spray Can Go OTC, FDA Panel Says
- Watch Out for Backyard Allergy Triggers
- Scientists Closer to Cat Allergy Cure
- Study of Genetic Condition May Yield Clues to Cause of Allergies
- Milk Allergy Therapy Needs More Research
- 5 Things Kids Should Tell Their Asthma Doctor
- Health Tip: When Taking a Decongestant
- Celiac Disease Shouldn't Keep Family From BBQ Fun: Experts
- Gluten Allergy May Play Role in Gastro Woes in Kids With Autism
- Kids' Sinusitis Might Not Need Antibiotics, New Guidelines Say
- Your Summer Cold May Actually Be an Allergic Reaction
- Health Tip: Using a Humidifier?
- Health Tip: Pondering Allergy Shots?
- Managing Seasonal Allergies
- Health Tip: Exercise With Allergies and Asthma
- Allergies May Boost Severity of Lung Disease
- Some Blackboard Chalks Might Spur Allergies in Kids: Study
- Want Tots Without Allergies? Try Sucking on Their Pacifiers
- Food, Skin Allergies on the Rise Among Children: CDC
- Allergies: As American as Apple Pie?
- Protect Your Kids From Pollen Allergies: Expert
- Tick-Borne Meat Allergy May Have Affected Virginia Kids
- Got Asthma? Odds Are You Have an Allergy Too
- Antihistamine Meds May Raise Risk for Diarrheal Illness
- Health Tip: Control Pet Allergies
- Springtime Allergies More Severe, Last Longer Now, Experts Say
- Oral Allergy Treatment May Ease Asthma, Hay Fever, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Stifle Allergies
- Shifting Temps May Prime You for Spring Allergies
- Many Allergic to Fire Ant's Sting Don't Get Preventive Shots
- Winter Weather Plays a Role in Spring Allergies, Expert Says
- Allergy 'Rescue' Shots May Work Better in Lower Thigh of Overweight Kids
- C-Section May Raise Child's Risk of Allergies, Asthma: Study
- Childhood Allergies May Be Affected by Race, Genetics
- Health Tip: Help Control Eye Allergy Symptoms
- Acupuncture May Help Ease Hay Fever
- Why Some Wolves Became Dogs
- Buy Breast Pumps With Caution, FDA Says
- Childhood Vaccine Schedule Is Safe, Report Says
- Fast Food Tied to Asthma, Eczema and Hay Fever in Kids
- Make Holiday Meals Safe for Kids With Food Allergies
- Health Tip: If You've Got Food Allergies
- Health Tip: Control Allergies During the Holidays
- Food Allergies Linked to Pesticides
- Tap-Water Chemical May Be Linked to Food Allergy
- Meningitis/Steroid Toll Now 34 Dead
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 33 Dead, 480 Sickened, CDC Says
- Compounding Pharmacists Oppose Greater U.S. Oversight
- Owner of Meningitis-Linked Pharmacy Declines to Testify Before Congress
- Congress to Open Hearings Into Steroid/Meningitis Outbreak
- Study: Allergies Need to Be Taken Seriously
- Some Kids May Overcome or Outgrow Egg Allergy, Study Suggests
- Steroid-Meningitis Toll Now 32 Dead, 438 Sickened, CDC Says
- Sugar 'n' Spice Not Always Nice
- Steroid-Meningitis Toll Now 31 Dead, 424 Sickened, CDC Says
- Better Economic Status Tied to Peanut Allergy in Kids: Study
- Lone Star Tick Bite Might Trigger Red Meat Allergy: Study
- Global Warming May Double Pollen by 2040
- Cell Phone Shopping? You May Be Allergic to Some
- Report Details Start of Steroid Meningitis Outbreak
- New Arthritis Drug Xeljanz Gets FDA Approval
- FDA: More Tainted Products at Firm Tied to Meningitis Outbreak
- Meningitis-Linked Infections Now Number 386, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Keep Pollen Under Control
- Food Allergies Can Make Kids Targets for Bullies
- Fungal Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 28 Dead, 363 Sickened
- Help Kids Breathe Easier on Halloween
- Health Risks Will Rise in Sandy's Wake, Experts Warn
- Cases Linked to Fungal Meningitis Now Number 328
- Health Tip: What's Behind a Sore Throat?
- Child Poisonings From Eye Drops, Nose Sprays
- Mass. Launches Criminal Probe of Firm Linked to Meningitis Outbreak: Report
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 23 Dead, 297 Sickened: CDC
- Meningitis Outbreak Toll Now 23 Dead, 284 Sickened: CDC
- Can Allergies Thwart Fatal Colon Cancer?
- Latest Meningitis Outbreak Toll: 20 Deaths and 257 Infections, CDC Says
- House Dust Ingredient Linked to Allergic Asthma: Study
- FDA Agents Visit Mass. Company Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Tainted Steroid Injections May Affect Those Treated for Joint Pain
- Official: Pharmacy Tied to Meningitis Outbreak May Have Broken State Law
- Health Tip: Using an Antihistamine
- Some 'Super Tasters' Might Be Less Prone to Sinus Woes
- The 10 Worst Places for Fall Allergies in 2012
- Scientists Probe How Some HIV Patients Resist AIDS
- Son's Real-Life Drama Leads Comedy Queen to Medical Role
- Health Tip: If You or Your Child Have a Food Allergy
- That May Not Be a Cold, Could Be Fall Allergies
- Untreated Food Allergies More Likely in Poor, Minority Kids
- Health Tip: Improve Air Quality at Home
- Sinus Infections Linked to Nasal Washing
- Language Barrier Hurts Elderly Asthma Patients
- Fish Oil for Infants No Help for Allergies
- More Benefits of Breast Milk Revealed
- Hurricane Isaac Could Stir Up Allergies, Asthma
- Stopping Controversial Asthma Drugs Could Have Downside: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent a Poison Ivy Rash
- Tap Water Used in Neti Pots Tied to Rare, Fatal Brain Infection
- Mold Exposure in Infancy May Raise Asthma Risk
- Steroids Won't Ease Most Sinusitis Attacks, Study Finds
- Study Compares Safety of 'Biologic' Meds for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Options Increasing for Coping With Kids' Food Allergies
- Generic Singulair Approved
- How Renting Instead of Owning Can Hurt Your Asthma
- Sleep Loss Often Disruptive for City Kids With Asthma
- Expert Tips May Help Kids Avoid Allergens at School
- Options Increasing for Coping With Kids' Food Allergies
- For Colorado Family, It's Allergies All Around
- Certain Tick Bites Might Spur Red Meat Allergy
- Could Germs on Your Skin Be Good for You?
- London Smog May Be Tough on Olympians
- 'Egg Therapy' May Help Allergic Kids
- Safe Composting Tips for People With Food Allergies
- Many Babies Healthier in Homes With Dogs
- Asthma Rates Higher Near Busy Highway
- Health Highlights: June 22, 2012
- Effects of High Blood Pressure Drug May Mimic Celiac Disease
- Germ Culprits in Moldy, Water-Damaged Buildings Identified
- Food Allergy Reactions in Kids Undertreated
- Health Highlights: June 21, 2012
- Study Ties Kids' Allergy Risks to Antibacterials, Preservatives
- Once-Banned Bird Flu Study Yields Sobering Findings
- Health Tip: Be a Dust Buster
- Health Tip: Does Your Child Have a Seasonal Allergy?
- City Kids More Prone to Food Allergies Than Rural Peers: Study
- Health Tip: Don't Let Allergies or Asthma Spoil Summer Fun
- Seniors With Asthma Do Worse If Obese
- Teens Whose Moms Smoked While Pregnant May Have Worse Asthma
- Cooking on Back Burners Better for Indoor Air?
- Summer's Heat May Enflame Hives
- Urban Hospitals May Act as Breeding Ground for MRSA
- Does Your Child Have Seasonal Allergies or a Cold?
- Health Tip: Having an Allergy to Medication
- Asthma an Often Unrecognized Risk for Older People
- Seniors Undertreated for Asthma, and Many Skip Inhalers: Study
- The Worst Cities in the U.S. for Asthma
- Levaquin Approved to Treat or Prevent Plague
- Some Schools Don't Let Kids Carry Asthma Inhalers
- DNA Testing Finds Allergens, Toxins in Traditional Chinese Medicines
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Warm Weather Triggers Early Allergy Season
- FDA Approves 'Dry' Nose Spray for Allergy
- Allergies Ahead of Schedule in Eastern United States
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies in 2012
- Medication Leading Cause of Child Poisoning in U.S.
- Tooting Your Horn Can Raise Risk for Skin Condition
- How to Avoid Spring Sneezing and Stuffiness
- Bullied Over Food Allergies
- Kids' Penicillin Allergy May Not Signal Other Drug Reactions
- Late Preemie Birth May Be Linked to Higher Asthma Risk
- Children With Asthma at Higher Risk for Shingles: Study
- Hospitalizations Up for Severe Skin Swelling
- Amish Farm Kids Have Lower Asthma, Allergy Risk: Study
- Relieve Ragweed Allergies Without Shots
- Can Herbs Fight Asthma?
- Smoke Exposure Late in Pregnancy Might Boost Baby's Eczema Risk
- Many Asthmatics Do Well on Food-Allergy Tests, Study Finds
- Heavy Kids May Not Respond as Well to Asthma Meds
- Mild Winter Heralds Early Sneezin' Season
- Bird Flu Studies Can Be Published After All: WHO
- Young Adults Who Quit Smoking Feel Better Quickly
- Experts Warn of Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea
- More People Need Training in Lifesaving Epinephrine Use, Advocates Say
- Asthma Meds Likely Safe During Pregnancy: Study
- Are Vacuum Cleaners Bad for Your Health?
- Get First Cat as Adult, Double Allergy Risk
- Tips for Avoiding Asthma, Allergy Triggers This Season
- Bedbugs: Why They're Back
- Pork-Cat Syndrome an Under-Recognized Allergy
- 'Food Challenges' Provide Best Allergy Diagnoses: Study
- Text Message Reminders Prompt Kids to Take Asthma Medicine
- Alcohol, Asthma and Allergies Don't Mix
- Health Tip: When Exercise Causes Hives
- FDA to Primatene Users: Get Asthma Prescription Now
- Shark-Derived Drug May Treat Viruses
- Carbon Dioxide Gas May Treat Nasal Allergies
- African-American Kids May Have More Food Allergies
- Kids Need Flu Shot Even if They Had One Last Year
- Toddler's Dust Mite Sensitivity May Predict Later Asthma
- Mold Exposure in Infancy Raises Asthma Risk
- Little Insects, Big Allergic Reactions
- Insect Stings Hold Deadly Risk for Some
- Allergy Self-Diagnosis Leads to Misdiagnosis
- Worst Cities for Spring Allergies
- Acetaminophen in Pregnancy: Link to Baby's Asthma?
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls Even More Tylenol
- Xolair May Treat Milk Allergy in Kids
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Allergy Risk in Kids
- New Food Allergy Guidelines Out
- Dosing Confusion Common With Kids' Liquid Medicines
- Benadryl and Motrin for Kids Recalled
- Tylenol Recalled ... Again
- Black Male Children Have Highest Rates of Food Allergies
- Flu Vaccine FAQ
- Pets, Dust May Worsen Ragweed Allergies
- Recall of Kids' Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl
- Health Tip: Prevent Exposure to Poison Ivy
- Kids With Food Allergies May Need 2 EpiPens
- Spring Allergy Relief Can Be Hard to Find
- Chemical in Furniture Linked to Skin Rashes
- Health Tip: Poison Ivy Rash
- Allergy Shots Are Effective Treatment for Symptoms
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- The Best Mattress for a Good Night's Sleep
- Dust Mite
- The Truth About Probiotics and Your Gut
- Snuggle Up With the Perfect Pillow
- Is the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Safe?
- Common Cold: Too Sick to Work?
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Allergy Proofing Your Home Quiz
- Protecting Your Eyes During Allergy Season
- How to Create a Dust-Free Bedroom
- Pollen Allergy
- Allergy: It's Springtime...What's in the Air
- Omnaris (Cirlesonide)
- Blood Tests for Allergies
- Mold Allergies
- Egg Allergy
- Shellfish Allergy
- Asthma Trigger Checklist
- Allergies and Carpet
- Asthma/Allergy Childcare Setting Quiz
- Mouse Allergens, Are They In Your House?
- Allergies-Asthma Organizations
- Allergy: Specific References
- Cold, or Seasonal Allergies?
- Allergy Health e-Tools
- Allergy Shots: Underused Treatment?
- Mold Questions, Answers, and Facts
- Allergy & Asthma Tips for the Holidays
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- Wheeze a While Longer
- 7 Symptoms of Allergies from Airborne Substances
- FDA Approves OTC Claritin
- Drug Reactions
- Mold Patrol For Mold Control
- Seasonal Molds - The Facts
- Molds - Where Do They Grow?
- Allergy Quiz
- Animal Allergy, The Facts
- Allergies: The Nose - Friend & Foe
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter