Trending Allergies Topics
Related Disease Conditions
The allergic cascade refers to allergic reactions that happen in the body in response to allergens. A variety of immune cells and...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time, and can be fatal....
Bee and Wasp Sting
Bees, wasps, and fire ants are related insects that belong to the Hymenoptera order. There are thousands of species of wasps...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Fragrances and preservatives in cosmetics may cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms include redness, itching, and...
A deviate septum is a condition that may require surgery. With a deviated septum, the bone and cartilage that divide the nasal...
Drug Allergy (Medication Allergy)
Drug or medication allergies are caused when the immune system mistakenly creates an immune response to a medication. Symptoms of...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
Insect Sting Allergies
The majority of stinging insects in the United States are from bees, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, and fire ants. Severity of...
Second Source article from Government...
Latex allergy is a condition where the body reacts to latex, a natural product derived from the rubber tree. The reaction can...
Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose,...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
About 1% to 2% of people in the U.S. have a peanut allergy. Symptoms and signs of a peanut allergy include rash, hives, redness,...
Sinus Headache Pain, Symptoms, Treatments, Remedies, and Cures
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
What Is Mucus?
Mucus is a normal substance produced by lining tissues in the body. Excess mucus or mucus that is yellow, green, brown, or bloody...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers
Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system where the body's defenses react to substances such as pollen, food and more....
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Arm)
Allergic contact dermatitis (reaction to temporary tattoo). Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly...
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Tattoo)
Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly common phenomenon. See a picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis...
Managing Severe Allergies at School
Learn how to manage and be prepared for severe allergies at school. Discover how to protect you child from food allergies, insect...
Allergies Quiz: Symptoms & Home Remedies
What are the causes of allergies? This online quiz challenges your knowledge of common food and household allergens,...
Allergies: Common Plants and Trees That Trigger Allergies
Find out more about which plants and trees might be producing pollen that is causing your itchy eyes and a runny nose....
Bad Bugs: Identify Insects and Bug Bites
What do bed bug bites look like? How do you treat bug bites? Why do bug bites burn? See spider bite pictures and learn how to...
The Most Common Food Allergies for Kids and Adults
What common food allergens cause the most problems for adults and children? See this list of common food allergies and learn to...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Healthy Home: How Often Should This Be Cleaned?
House cleaning can improve your health. Learn how often to do the laundry, organize clutter, and clean your refrigerator among...
Home Allergy Quiz: Is Your Home Allergy-Proof?
Take this home allergy quiz and test your knowledge on allergens, dust mites, pollens and more to see how allergy-proof your home...
Human Body Quiz: Human Body Systems & Organs
The Human Body Quiz will help you learn about your little-known body parts! Take this quiz to learn more about your body and what...
Allergy: Life-Threatening Allergy Triggers
From insect stings to nuts and fish, WebMD shows you what can trigger anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction, and how to be...
Allergies: 10 Ways to Reduce Mold Allergies
WebMD shows you 10 ways to fight the fungus and reduce mold allergy symptoms from dust masks to bottles of bleach....
Nasal Allergy Attack: Causes, Triggers, Treatments
What causes allergies? What are your allergy triggers? Discover how allergies work, why our bodies react to them, whether...
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Nasal Irrigation: Natural Relief for Cold & Allergy Symptoms
Clogged sinuses and congestion bothering you? Nasal irrigation can relieve sinus symptoms associated with colds and allergies....
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis from Necklace
Allergy to nickel is one of the most common causes of contact dermatitis in children. See a Nickel Contact Dermatitis from...
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis
The development of an itchy eczematous eruption near the umbilicus is virtually pathognomonic for contact dermatitis to nickel....
Out-of-Control Allergy Symptoms: Treatment Relief in Pictures
Learn 10 signs your allergies are out of control. See these surprising allergy symptoms and find out how to get relief for...
When Animal (Allergies) Attack: Pet Allergy Symptoms, Treatment
How do you control and relieve pet allergies? How do you prevent pet allergies? Learn dog and cat allergy symptoms, the cause of...
Picture of Photoallergic Reaction
An allergic reaction caused by drugs in which ultraviolet exposure changes the structure of the drug so that it is seen by the...
Picture of Phototoxic Dermatitides
In phototoxic reactivity, no immunologic mechanism is involved, and the patient reacts as anyone would to a primary irritant. See...
Allergies: Myths and Facts About Seasonal Allergies
Do deserts prevent allergies? What can allergies do to your body? What is an allergen? Adult allergies can pop up unexpectedly,...
Sinus Infection: Sinusitis Dos and Don'ts
Is it OK to fly when you've got sinusitis? How about going to work? WebMD helps you decide what's right and wrong when you're all...
Picture of Sinuses
The sinuses are an air-filled cavity in a dense portion of a skull bone. See a picture of the Sinuses and learn more about the...
STD Quiz: Symptoms, Testing & List
There are more sexually transmitted diseases than just the ones you've heard of. Find out what you've been missing with the STD...
10 Worst Cities for Spring Allergies With Pictures
See pictures of the top 10 "spring allergy capitals", according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). From...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- 5 Food Allergy Myths
- What Are Africanized Honeybees?
- Allergies: Don't Sneeze at Allergy Relief
- What Can You Give a Toddler for Severe Cough?
- Allergy to Stinging Insects Can Be Life Threatening
- Claritin Cleared of Birth Defect Hypospadias
- Air Pollution and Allergies: A Connection?
- Food Allergies vs. Food Intolerance
- Hay Fever: Managing Hay Fever Symptoms
- Can Milk Allergy Cause Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Poison Ivy - Potion Protection
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - Allergy
- Sesame Seed Allergy: A Growing Problem?
- Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthier Home
Medications & Supplements
- Antihistamines vs. Corticosteroids
- Nasal Decongestants
- Antihistamine Shots (Injections)
- Antihistamines (Oral)
- azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate (Dymista)
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler/spray; Beconase AQ, QNASL
- budesonide nasal inhaler (Rhinocort Allergy, Rhinocort Aqua)
- cetirizine, Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy, Zyrtec Hives
- chlorpheniramine, pseudoephedrine, Deconamine (Discontinued)
- decongestant spray - nasal
- desloratadine, Clarinex, Clarinex Reditabs
- diphenhydramine, Benadryl
- EpiPen (epinephrine auto-injector, EpiPen Jr)
- epinephrine injection (Auvi-Q)
- fexofenadine (Allegra, Mucinex Allergy)
- fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine, Allegra-D
- flunisolide nasal spray, Aerospan (Nasalide, Aerobid, Aerobid HFA are discontinued)
- fluticasone (Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief)
- fluticasone furoate nasal spray (Veramyst)
- hydroxyzine (Vistaril)
- loratadine, Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert, Claritin Hives Relief, Children's Claritin
- loratadine and pseudoephedrine (Alavert Allergy & Sinus, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 hour)
- mometasone furoate (Nasonex)
- Nasal Allergy Medications
- terfenadine, Seldane
- triamcinolone acetonide nasal inhaler (Nasacort)
Prevention & Wellness
- 1 in 10 Adults Have Food Allergies, But Twice as Many Think They Do
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Child From Allergic Reactions at School
- A Good Spring Clean Can Help Tame Seasonal Allergies
- After Peanut Allergy Rx, Eating Small Bits of Peanut Might Help: Study
- Allergies More Common in Kids With Autism
- Are 'Inactive' Ingredients in Your Drugs Really So Harmless?
- Bachman Pretzels Recalled Due to Undeclared Milk
- Be Smart When It Comes to Spring Allergies and Asthma
- Big Slice of Red Meat Allergies Tied to Tick Bites
- Building Tolerance Helps Kids With Wheat Allergy
- Can EpiPens Still Work After Freezing?
- Cereals Recalled Due to Undeclared Gluten
- Climate Change Could Change the Ragweed Sneezin' Season
- Climate Change Could Worsen Sneezin' Season
- Dining Out With Allergies Is Tough, But These Steps Can Help
- Don't Let Holiday Season Stress Worsen Your Allergies, Asthma
- Egg Allergy? Don't Let That Stop You From Getting Vaccinated
- Exposing Baby to Foods Early May Help Prevent Allergies
- FDA Approves 1st Generic EpiPen
- FDA Extends EpiPen Expiration Dates to Tackle Shortage
- Food Allergies Can Strike at Any Age
- Food Allergies Less Severe in Infants: Study
- Food Allergies Tied to MS Relapses
- Food Labels May be Required to List Sesame Allergen: FDA
- Get Ready for Summer Camp -- and Allergies
- Health Tip: Caring for Your Epi-Pen
- Health Tip: Create a Food Allergy Plan
- Health Tip: Getting Rid of a Mold Problem
- Health Tip: Living With Animal Allergies
- Health Tip: Manage a Latex Allergy
- Health Tip: Preventing Nosebleeds
- Health Tip: Taming a Pollen Allergy
- Health Tip: Taming Allergies
- Health Tip: Things to Consider Before Allergy Shots
- Health Tip: Treat Your Child's Allergies
- Holidays a Challenge for Those With Allergies
- Holidays' Pitfalls for Those With Food Allergies
- How to Prevent and Treat Eye Allergies
- Some Batches of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Recalled for Undeclared Tree Nuts
- Immune-Targeted Treatment Might Help Prevent Peanut Allergy Crises
- Is Peanut Allergy 'Immunotherapy' Causing More Harm Than Good?
- Making Halloween Less Scary for Teens With Allergies, Asthma
- Many Infants With Milk Allergy Seem to Outgrow It
- Many With Severe Allergies Don't Carry an EpiPen: Study
- Move Over, Air Filter. Scientists Have a Greener Idea
- Nearly 1 in 12 U.S. Kids Has a Food Allergy
- New Treatment Could Be Breakthrough Against Peanut Allergy
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Middling Results in Trial
- Preventing Kids' Food Allergies Starts in Infancy
- Spring Is the Sneezing Season
- Stay Safe While Spring Cleaning
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Woman's Death from Brain-Eating Amoeba
- Testing for Penicillin Allergy May Cut 'Superbug' Infection Risk
- Tick Bites More Likely to Cause Red Meat Allergy Than Thought
- Tick-Caused Meat Allergy on Rise in U.S.
- Treatment May Allow Allergic Kids to Eat Eggs Safely: Study
- Under-the-Tongue Allergy Pills Replacing Shots for Many
- We All Carry a Personal Cloud of Germs, Chemicals
- Why Do Some Kids With Eczema Develop Food Allergies?
- 7 Symptoms of Allergies from Airborne Substances
- Dust Mite
- Allergies and Carpet
- Allergies Keeping You Awake?
- Allergies-Asthma Organizations
- Allergies: Relieve Allergies the Natural Way
- Allergies: The Nose - Friend & Foe
- Allergy & Asthma Tips for the Holidays
- Allergy and Pets
- Allergy Health e-Tools
- Allergy Proofing Your Home Quiz
- Allergy Quiz
- Allergy Shots: Underused Treatment?
- Allergy Sufferers, Control Allergy Triggers at Home
- Allergy-Free Vacation: Possible With Planning
- Allergy: It's Springtime...What's in the Air
- Allergy: Specific References
- Anaphylaxis - Emergency Tips
- Animal Allergy, The Facts
- Asthma/Allergy Childcare Setting Quiz
- Blood Tests for Allergies
- Diabetes: 8 Tips to Avoid Holiday Food Temptations
- Egg Allergy
- FluMist Nasal Vaccine
- Food Allergy Symptoms
- Healthy Lung Month, Oh What Air We Breathe!
- How to Create a Dust-Free Bedroom
- Mold Allergies
- Mold Patrol For Mold Control
- Mold Questions, Answers, and Facts
- Molds - Where Do They Grow?
- Mouse Allergens, Are They In Your House?
- Omnaris (Cirlesonide)
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac Prevention
- Pollen Allergy
- Protecting Your Eyes During Allergy Season
- SARS: Bogus SARS Prevention Products: Buyer Beware
- Seasonal Molds - The Facts
- Shellfish Allergy
- Allergies: Stop Your Holiday Allergies
- Allergies: Taking the Itch Out of Fall Allergies
- Allergy Triggers
- Wheeze a While Longer