Trending Allergies Topics
Related Disease Conditions
The allergic cascade refers to allergic reactions that happen in the body in response to allergens. A variety of immune cells and...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Allergy Treatment Begins At Home
Avoiding allergy triggers at home is one of the best ways to prevent allergy symptoms. Controlling temperature, humidity, and...
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time, and can be fatal....
Bee and Wasp Sting
Bees, wasps, and fire ants are related insects that belong to the Hymenoptera order. There are thousands of species of wasps...
What Causes Chronic Sinusitis?
Chronic sinusitis occurs when the tissue lining the facial sinuses becomes inflamed for at least three months. Chronic sinusitis...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Fragrances and preservatives in cosmetics may cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms include redness, itching, and...
A deviate septum is a condition that may require surgery. With a deviated septum, the bone and cartilage that divide the nasal...
Drug Allergy (Medication Allergy)
Drug or medication allergies are caused when the immune system mistakenly creates an immune response to a medication. Symptoms of...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis)
Hay fever (allergic rhinitis) is an irritation of the nose caused by pollen and is associated with the following allergic...
How Long Does an Allergic Reaction Last?
Allergic reactions may last for varying lengths of time. They may take a few hours to a few days to disappear. If the exposure to...
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
Insect Sting Allergies
The majority of stinging insects in the United States are from bees, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, and fire ants. Severity of...
Second Source article from Government...
Latex allergy is a condition where the body reacts to latex, a natural product derived from the rubber tree. The reaction can...
Mold (Exposure) Symptoms, Tests, and Treatment Cure
Mold exposure may cause symptoms in people who are sensitive to molds. Symptoms of mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose,...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Peanut allergies causes signs and symptoms that include hives, itching, redness, and a rash. Severe reactions may cause decreased...
Sinus Headache Pain, Symptoms, Treatments, Remedies, and Cures
Sinus headache is caused by a sinus infection or inflammation of the sinus cavities. Symptoms of a sinus headache include pain,...
Sinus Infection vs. Allergies
Both sinus infections and allergies (allergic rhinitis) cause symptoms such as runny or stuffy nose and fatigue. Sinus infection...
Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is caused by allergies, infection, and chemicals or other irritants of sinuses. Signs and symptoms...
What Are the Four Types of Allergic Reactions?
Allergists recognize four types of allergic reactions: Type I or anaphylactic reactions, type II or cytotoxic reactions, type III...
What Is Causing My Hives?
Hives, medically known as urticaria, are common rashes that anyone can get at any point in their lives. They can happen only once...
What Is Mucus?
Mucus is a normal substance produced by lining tissues in the body. Excess mucus or mucus that is yellow, green, brown, or bloody...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers
Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system where the body's defenses react to substances such as pollen, food and more....
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Arm)
Allergic contact dermatitis (reaction to temporary tattoo). Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly...
Picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis (Tattoo)
Contact allergy to temporary tattoos has become an increasingly common phenomenon. See a picture of Allergic Contact Dermatitis...
Managing Severe Allergies at School
Learn how to manage and be prepared for severe allergies at school. Discover how to protect you child from food allergies, insect...
Allergies Quiz: Symptoms & Home Remedies
What are the causes of allergies? This online quiz challenges your knowledge of common food and household allergens,...
Allergies: Common Plants and Trees That Trigger Allergies
Find out more about which plants and trees might be producing pollen that is causing your itchy eyes and a runny nose....
Bad Bugs: Identify Insects and Bug Bites
What do bed bug bites look like? How do you treat bug bites? Why do bug bites burn? See spider bite pictures and learn how to...
The Most Common Food Allergies for Kids and Adults
What common food allergens cause the most problems for adults and children? See this list of common food allergies and learn to...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Home Allergy Quiz: Is Your Home Allergy-Proof?
Take this home allergy quiz and test your knowledge on allergens, dust mites, pollens and more to see how allergy-proof your home...
Home Health: Meet the Bugs That Live In Your House
Get to know your bug bunkmates: WebMD introduces you to the critters that share your home with you. From ants, roaches, and...
Human Body Quiz: Human Body Systems & Organs
The Human Body Quiz will help you learn about your little-known body parts! Take this quiz to learn more about your body and what...
Dangerous Allergies: Anaphylaxis and Life-Threatening Allergy Triggers
Common allergy triggers may provoke anaphylaxis. Hives, tongue swelling, face swelling, rashes, low blood pressure, rapid and...
Allergies: 10 Ways to Reduce Mold Allergies
WebMD shows you 10 ways to fight the fungus and reduce mold allergy symptoms from dust masks to bottles of bleach....
Nasal Allergy Attack: Causes, Triggers, Treatments
Nasal allergies are a common problem that affects millions of people. An allergist can recommend the best allergy nasal sprays...
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Nasal Irrigation: Natural Relief for Cold & Allergy Symptoms
Clogged sinuses and congestion bothering you? Nasal irrigation can relieve sinus symptoms associated with colds and allergies....
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis from Necklace
Allergy to nickel is one of the most common causes of contact dermatitis in children. See a Nickel Contact Dermatitis from...
Picture of Nickel Contact Dermatitis
The development of an itchy eczematous eruption near the umbilicus is virtually pathognomonic for contact dermatitis to nickel....
Out-of-Control Allergy Symptoms: Treatment Relief in Pictures
Learn 10 signs your allergies are out of control. See these surprising allergy symptoms and find out how to get relief for...
When Animal (Allergies) Attack: Pet Allergy Symptoms, Treatment
How do you control and relieve pet allergies? How do you prevent pet allergies? Learn dog and cat allergy symptoms, the cause of...
Picture of Photoallergic Reaction
An allergic reaction caused by drugs in which ultraviolet exposure changes the structure of the drug so that it is seen by the...
Picture of Phototoxic Dermatitides
In phototoxic reactivity, no immunologic mechanism is involved, and the patient reacts as anyone would to a primary irritant. See...
Allergies: Myths and Facts About Seasonal Allergies
Do deserts prevent allergies? What can allergies do to your body? What is an allergen? Adult allergies can pop up unexpectedly,...
Sinus Infection: Sinusitis Dos and Don'ts
Is it OK to fly when you've got sinusitis? How about going to work? WebMD helps you decide what's right and wrong when you're all...
Picture of Sinuses
The sinuses are an air-filled cavity in a dense portion of a skull bone. See a picture of the Sinuses and learn more about the...
STD Quiz: Symptoms, Testing & List
There are more sexually transmitted diseases than just the ones you've heard of. Find out what you've been missing with the STD...
10 Worst Cities for Spring Allergies With Pictures
See pictures of the top 10 "spring allergy capitals", according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). From...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- 5 Food Allergy Myths
- What Are Africanized Honeybees?
- Allergies: Don't Sneeze at Allergy Relief
- What Can You Give a Toddler for Severe Cough?
- Allergy to Stinging Insects Can Be Life Threatening
- Claritin Cleared of Birth Defect Hypospadias
- Air Pollution and Allergies: A Connection?
- Food Allergies vs. Food Intolerance
- Hay Fever: Managing Hay Fever Symptoms
- Can Milk Allergy Cause Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Poison Ivy - Potion Protection
- Questions To Ask Your Doctor - Allergy
- Sesame Seed Allergy: A Growing Problem?
- Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthier Home
Medications & Supplements
- Antihistamines vs. Corticosteroids
- Nasal Decongestants
- Antihistamine Shots (Injections)
- Antihistamines (Oral)
- azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Dymista (azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate)
- beclomethasone dipropionate inhaler (Beconase AQ, QNASL)
- Beconase AQ (beclomethasone) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- budesonide nasal inhaler (Rhinocort Allergy, Rhinocort Aqua)
- cetirizine (Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy, Zyrtec Hives)
- chlorpheniramine, pseudoephedrine
- decongestant spray - nasal
- desloratadine (Clarinex, Clarinex Reditabs)
- diphenhydramine, Benadryl
- Does Immunotherapy Work for Allergies?
- EpiPen (epinephrine auto-injector)
- epinephrine injection (Auvi-Q)
- fexofenadine (Allegra, Mucinex Allergy)
- fexofenadine and pseudoephedrine (Allegra-D)
- flunisolide nasal spray, Aerospan (Nasalide, Aerobid, Aerobid HFA are discontinued)
- fluticasone (Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief)
- fluticasone furoate nasal spray (Veramyst)
- hydroxyzine (Vistaril)
- loratadine, Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert, Claritin Hives Relief, Children's Claritin
- loratadine and pseudoephedrine (Alavert Allergy & Sinus, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 24 hour)
- mometasone furoate (Nasonex)
- Nasal Allergy Medications
- Quzyttir (cetirizine)
- Side Effects of Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Side Effects of Claritin (loratadine)
- Side Effects of Nasacort AQ (triamcinolone acetonide)
- Side Effects of Nasonex (mometasone furoate)
- Side Effects of Periactin (cyproheptadine)
- Side Effects of Phenergan (promethazine)
- Side Effects of Rayos (prednisone)
- Side Effects of Xyzal (levocetirizine dihydrochloride)
- terfenadine, Seldane
- triamcinolone acetonide nasal inhaler (Nasacort)
- Vistaril (hydroxyzine) Side Effects, Warnings, and Interactions
Prevention & Wellness
- Dust Mite
- Allergies and Carpet
- Allergies Keeping You Awake?
- Allergies-Asthma Organizations
- Allergies: Relieve Allergies the Natural Way
- Allergies: The Nose - Friend & Foe
- Allergy and Pets
- Allergy Shots: Underused Treatment?
- Allergy Sufferers, Control Allergy Triggers at Home
- Allergy-Free Vacation: Possible With Planning
- Allergy: It's Springtime...What's in the Air
- Allergy: Specific References
- Anaphylaxis - Emergency Tips
- Animal Allergy, The Facts
- Blood Tests for Allergies
- Diabetes: 8 Tips to Avoid Holiday Food Temptations
- Egg Allergy
- FluMist Nasal Vaccine
- Mold Allergies
- Molds - Where Do They Grow?
- Omnaris (Cirlesonide)
- Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac Prevention
- Pollen Allergy
- Protecting Your Eyes During Allergy Season
- SARS: Bogus SARS Prevention Products: Buyer Beware
- Seasonal Molds - The Facts
- Shellfish Allergy
- Allergies: Stop Your Holiday Allergies
- Allergies: Taking the Itch Out of Fall Allergies
- Allergy Triggers