Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, Medication
Osteoporosis is a disease characterized by low bone mass and density. Osteoporosis causes symptoms of weak, thin, fragile bones....
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them
Working out is supposed to make you healthier--but some exercises can leave your body at risk of pain or injury. Some exercises...
Exercise and Fitness Quiz: Test Your IQ
Take our Exercise and Fitness Quiz and learn to maximize your fitness level with simple exercises that do not require major...
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
11 Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
One of the best low back pain treatments is exercise. Learn more about low back pain exercises--what works, and what doesn't....
Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy workouts explained. Discover the best safe pregnancy exercises for your workout. Exercise during pregnancy is an...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine in Pictures
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
Fibromyalgia Treatments and Tips to Ease Pain and Other Symptoms
What is fibromyalgia? Learn about fibromyalgia symptoms such as trigger points (also called tender points), learn what causes...
Foods to Boost Your Energy and Mood
Learn which foods may boost your energy level and have a positive impact on your mood. Foods such as salmon, Brazil nuts, and...
Butt Exercise Pictures: Workouts for Slim and Shapely Glutes
Want a rear view that kicks butt? Discover the right exercises, cardio, and style choices that can help in the quest for the...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
10 Metabolism Boosting Facts and Myths
Losing weight by increasing your metabolism is challenging. There are many metabolism myths and only a few surefire tricks to get...
Slideshow: Exercises for Osteoarthritis -- Yoga, Swimming, & More
Check out this slideshow on Active Living From Day to Night with Osteoarthritis. Even with arthritis you can keep your active...
Slideshow: The 7-Minute Workout
The 7-minute workout provides a free, convenient way to get and stay fit. Discover these short, quick exercises that use your own...
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
17 Must-Try Fitness Workouts in Pictures
Learn the latest exercise crazes such as TRX, pole dancing, Zumba, Kangoo jumps, boot camps, exergames and more that are designed...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Related Disease Conditions
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or Staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium)
Hyponatremia is a condition where the level of sodium in the blood is low. Causes of hyponatremia can occur from excess fluid in...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
Diabetes Diet (Type 2)
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea)
IBS-D or irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea refers to IBS with diarrhea. Symptoms of IBS-D include intestinal gas...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Heat exhaustion is a milder form of heat-related illness that can develop after several days of exposure to high temperatures and...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease affects the...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
IBS vs. IBD: Differences and Similarities
IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) are both problems with the digestive tract...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Diabetes Prevention (Type 2)
The risks for developing type 2 diabetes include family history, ethnicity, birth weight, metabolic syndrome, and obesity....
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
How to Lower Your Cholesterol
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Colon Cancer Prevention
Colo-rectal cancer is both curable and preventable if it is detected early and completely removed before the cancerous cells...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Aerobic Exercise - Workouts and Routines
What is the aerobic workout or routine you've found most effective?Post View 4 Comments
Aerobic Exercise - Benefits
What are some benefits you've noticed after starting an aerobic exercise routine?Post View 2 Comments
Aerobic Exercise - Frequency
How often do you do aerobic exercise?Post
Aerobic Exercise - Types
What types of aerobic exercise do you enjoy most?Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Fitness: Fueling Up on Food for Fitness
- Fitness: Summer Fitness for Your Family
- Exercise: How to Get Going
- Fitness: Designing an Aerobic Workout
- Fitness Strategies for the Whole Family
- Fitness: Simple Run/Walk Fitness for Busy People
- Exercise: Get Going and Keep Going -- Meg Jordan, PhD, RN. -- 01/21/03
- Exercise Momentum Keeping It Going
- Exercising for a Healthier Heart -- Kenneth Cooper, MD -- 02/19/03
- Fitness Myths and Facts -- Gina Kolata -- 05/08/03
- Fitness Training Choices -- Cedric X. Bryant, PhD
- Exercising in the Heat -- Kenneth Cooper, MD
- Fitness: Fall into Fitness -- Richard Weil, MEd, CDE -- 9/2/03
- Exercise and Fitness FAQs
- How Muscles Work & Respond to Resistance Training
- 10 Tips for Fitness Walking
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Fitness: 10 Tips to Find the Right Fitness Class For You!
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- Drinking Too Much Water While Exercising Can Be Dangerous
- Kids: How to Keep Your Kids Healthy
- 17 Day Diet
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Cancer,Stroke & Heart Attack Risks- ReducedThrough Walking
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Yoga and Aerobics Doubles Heart Benefits
- Exercise, Not Vitamin D, Recommended to Prevent Falls
- This Combo Workout May Suit Obese Seniors Best
- Astronauts' Blood Vessels Less Efficient on Long Missions: Study
- Exercise: The Cellular 'Fountain of Youth'
- 'Pokemon Go' Players Add 2,000 Steps a Day
- For Stroke Survivors, Exercise Is Good for the Brain: Review
- Post-Menopausal? Give Exercise a Try
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Guard Against Dementia
- Health Tip: Don't Fall for Exercise Myths
- Exercise Good for Cancer Patients During, After Treatment
- Genes May Dictate Your Love -- or Hate -- of Exercise
- New Guidelines Urge Diabetics to Move More
- Exercise May Help People Who Already Have Memory Loss
- Exercise Can Help Manage Type 1 Diabetes
- Study: Yoga as Good as Physical Therapy for Back Pain
- Health Tip: Help Kids Get Enough Exercise
- Weight Loss Might Reduce Cancer Risk: Study
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Health Tip: Make Your Workouts More Intense
- Exercise Regularly and Your Heart Will Thank You
- More Exercise = More Fat Loss for Older Women, Study Finds
- Aerobic Exercise Can Help Curb Asthma, Study Shows
- Exercise Might Boost Mental Function in People With Schizophrenia
- Fit Body at 40 May Keep Brain Bright at 60
- Any Exercise Is Good, But Higher-Intensity May Be Better
- Motorized Stationary Bike May Help With Stroke Rehabilitation
- Lack of Exercise More Deadly Than Obesity, Study Suggests
- Aerobic Exercise May Boost Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
- Blood Pressure Seems to Stay Lower Longer in Fitter Men
- With Kids in School, Parents Can Work Out
- Aerobic/Strength Training Combo May Be Best Workout for Diabetics
- Exercise Aids in Stroke Recovery
- Health Tip: Exercise for Stress Relief
- There May Be Such a Thing as 'Too Much Exercise'
- Exercise Crucial for Women's Heart Health After 30, Study Finds
- Exercise Could Help Disabled People, But Too Few Are Active: CDC
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Older Women at Risk for Dementia
- Stronger Muscles May Mean Better Health for Kids
- Exercise Might Ease Joint Pain Caused by Breast Cancer Drugs
- Aerobics Might Boost Brain Health for Older Adults
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- New Guidelines May Widen Use of Statins
- Activity, Brace May Ease Arthritis Pain
- Health Tip: Wear Protective Gear When Skateboarding or Skating
- Q&A: Were You Born to Be Obese?
- With Weekly Exercise, Time Trumps Frequency
- Just How Might Exercise Lower Breast Cancer Risk?
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- Want to Lose Weight? Then Run, Don't Walk: Study
- Health Tip: Kids Keeping You From Exercising?
- Health Tip: Stretch Before and After Exercise
- Health Tip: Teach Kids In-Line Skating Safety
- Resilient Personality May Bring Better Aerobic Health
- U.S. Vets With Gulf War Syndrome Need Individualized Treatment: Report
- Aerobic Exercise Seems Best for Weight, Fat Loss
- Olympic Medalists Live Longer
- Black Tea Linked to Lower Diabetes Risk
- Exercise Can Help Knee Pain if You Stick With It
- Water Workouts a Great Alternative: Study
- Top 10 Fitness Trends Picked for 2013
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Exercise Improves Effects of Stroke: Study
- Aerobic Exercise Cuts Kids' Diabetes Risk: Study
- 30 Minutes of Daily Exercise Enough to Shed Pounds
- More Evidence That Exercise Helps Fight Diabetes
- Drug May Slow Memory Loss in Early Alzheimer's
- Exercise May Fight Depression in Heart Failure
- Exercise Won't Affect Breast Milk, Baby's Growth: Study
- 'Nordic Walking' a Winner for Heart Failure Patients, Study Says
- Vigorous Exercise Might Protect Against Psoriasis
- Vigorous Exercise Might Keep Psoriasis at Bay
- Evolution May Explain 'Runner's High,' Study Says
- Health Tip: Don't Forget Aerobic Exercise
- Glaucoma Need Not Steal Sight, Experts Say
- Women Less Apt Than Men to Get Recommended Daily Exercise
- Dumb Jocks? Not if They're Good at the Game
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Too Much Exercise Delays Pregnancy in Normal-Weight Women: Study
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Athletic Shoes
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Short Breaks During Exercise OK for Diabetes Control: Study
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- Health Tip: Stay Healthy During Menopause
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- Study Suggests Exercise May Help Memory of Fibromyalgia Patients
- Health Tip: Managing an Anxiety Disorder
- Whey Protein May Beat Casein After Workouts
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Experts: Exercise Crucial for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- New Guidelines for Treatment of Depression
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- Health Tip: Aerobic Exercise
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- Fitness Basics: Walking for Fitness & Fun
- Fitness 101: Beginner's Guide to Exercise
- Exercise to Lose Weight
- Groin Numbness and Bike Riding
- Cross Training: Get Stronger and Leaner
- Fitness Basics: Swimming, No Pain, Plenty of Gain
- Dancing for Better Health: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Walking: Fitness Walking Brings Bushel of Benefits
- Fitness Basics: Exercise Bike
- Fitness Basics: Dance Your Way to Fitness
- Fitness: Ready, Set, Jog
- Fitness: Runners, On Your Mark, Get Set, Walk!
- Hiking Your Way to Better Health
- Run-Walk: Wogging
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter