Patient Comments: Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - Diagnosis

Please describe how you came to be diagnosed with adult ADHD. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: barb dugan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am 31 and have ADHD. I'm focused with my thoughts. My medicine works, so why am I told that adults who take Adderall are not allowed to also take Ritalin? I've heard it's done and that it can help.

Comment from: ADHD husband, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 01

I am a wife of a husband with ADHD. My life is terrible. I experience anger, judgement, assumption, criticism, impulsiveness and financial burden. We have identical bags, duplicate copies of books, and millions of shoes everywhere. Our house is a mess with my husband's overflowing belongings. I feel like I am trapped in his fantasy. All our kids have ADHD, my 15 years old son talks and behaves like my husband. I want to divorce, but I feel scared and threatened. I wish he would admit to his condition and get the right treatment.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter