Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
Find out causes, symptoms, and treatments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, a widespread behavioral condition...
Adult ADHD Quiz: Symptoms & Test
What are the symptoms of adult ADHD? Take this quiz to learn what it means for an adult to suffer from ADHD and what can be done...
ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
Most people don't associate adults with the term ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but it is a common disorder in...
ADHD: Top Concentration-Killers in Pictures
Learn the truth about multitasking, email overload, nagging thoughts, hunger, and other brain drains of modern life. See what's...
Adult ADHD: Organization and Time-Management Tips in Pictures
Learn daily living tips for adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). If you have ADHD or you just need to get...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Brain Food Pictures: What to Eat to Boost Focus
Learn how to increase concentration and boost memory. Brain foods such as fish (omega 3 fatty acids), berries, fruits, nuts,...
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting Medications
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Related Disease Conditions
Causes of ADHD
Second Source article from WebMD...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Second Source article from WebMD...
Symptoms of ADHD
Second Source article from WebMD...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Misophonia is defined as the hatred of sound. Symptoms of this condition include a negative emotional response to certain trigger...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder that causes a person to suffer repeated obsessions and compulsions....
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Learning disabilities can cause an individual to have trouble learning and using skills such as reading, listening, writing,...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Job Stress and Your Health
Early warning signs of job stress include headache, sleep disturbance, difficulty in concentrating, short temper, upset stomach,...
Duck syndrome is a situation initially coined at Stanford University whereby a college student may seem to be calm on the surface...
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - Symptoms
What symptoms have you experienced with your adult ADHD?Post View 54 Comments
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - Treatment
What adult ADHD treatments have you tried?Post
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - Diagnosis
Please describe how you came to be diagnosed with adult ADHD.Post View 4 Comments
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - Home Remedies
What home remedies help your adult ADHD?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- bupropion (Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Aplenzin, Fortivo XL, Zyban)
- Vyvanse vs. Adderall
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- Lexapro vs. Wellbutrin: Differences between Side Effects and Uses
- Vyvanse vs. Strattera
- ADD or ADHD Medications
- guanfacine (Intuniv, Tenex)
- amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, Adderall, Adderall XR
- methylphenidate (Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Ritalin LA, Concerta, Methylin, Methylin ER, Daytrana)
- Atomoxetine vs. Adderall
- desipramine, Norpramin
- Adderall vs. Ritalin (Differences and Similarities)
- Adderall vs. Concerta
- imipramine, Tofranil, Tofranil-PM
- Strattera (atomoxetine)
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- Cymbalta vs. Wellbutrin Comparison
- methamphetamine hydrochloride - oral, Desoxyn
- dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR)
- Stimulants (ADHD)
- Adderall vs. Dexedrine
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)
- blue-green algae (Cyanobacteria, Spirulina)
- dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat, ProCentra, Zenzedi)
- Kapvay (clonidine extended-release)
- methylphenidate patch (Daytrana)
- pemoline, Cylert
- dextroamphetamine sustained-action capsule - oral, Dexedrine
- methylphenidate hydrochloride (Quillivant XR)
Prevention & Wellness
- ADHD Drug Use Soars Among Young Women
- Study Challenges Adult-Onset ADHD
- Nearly a Third of College Kids Think ADHD Meds Boost Grades
- Treating ADHD May Help Curb Later Drinking, Drug Problems
- Teens With ADHD Face a Higher Crash Risk
- Athletes With ADHD Favor Team Competition
- Car Crash Rate Falls When People With ADHD Take Meds
- Imaging Study Confirms Brain Differences in People With ADHD
- Exercise May Help Ease Adult ADHD Symptoms
- ADHD Can First Appear in Young Adulthood for Some, Study Suggests
- 1 in 5 Adults With Epilepsy Also Has ADHD Symptoms: Study
- ADHD Stimulant Drug Abuse Common Among Young Adults: Survey
- Many Ivy League Students Admit Using ADHD Drugs for Better Grades: Study
- Psychiatric Ills Widespread Among U.S. Soldiers: Studies
- Health Highlights: Feb. 19, 2014
- Drivers With ADHD May Be at Higher Risk for Serious Crashes
- Many ADHD Drugs Linked to Painful Erections: FDA
- ADHD Meds Don't Raise Risk of Drug Abuse in Adulthood: Review
- ADHD in Childhood May Raise Risk for Obesity in Adulthood
- One in 10 U.S. Kids Diagnosed With ADHD: Report
- ADHD Can Often Persist Into Adulthood
- Monkey Study Suggests Long-Term Use of ADHD Drugs Safe
- Is There an ADHD Diet?
- ADHD Drug Shortages: Why?
- ADHD Drugs Not Linked to Increased Heart Risk in Adults
- ADHD Brain Changes Appear to Persist Into Adulthood
- ADHD Drugs Likely Do Not Boost Heart Risk
- Study: Many With ADHD Can't Control Emotions
- Talk Therapy May Help Adults With ADHD
- Childhood ADHD Linked to Criminal Behavior in Adults
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter