Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
25 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Menstrual cramps happen when prostaglandins force the uterus to contract. Dysmenorrhea, or period pain, may be relieved by...
Low Back Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Relief
Do you suffer from low back pain? Watch this slideshow to see common triggers of lower back pain and what kind of treatments you...
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
Sciatica Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
Sciatica pain radiates from the lower back toward the feet. Sciatica may feel like a cramp in the leg, burning, tingling, pins...
Smoking Quiz: How to Quit Smoking
You know it's time you quit smoking. Learn the myths and facts about quitting smoking with the Smoking Quiz. When it comes to...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Learn about infertility symptoms and types of treatment such as IVF, acupuncture, and natural methods to get pregnant. Read about...
How Does Acupuncture Work? Benefits, Needles, Definition
What is acupuncture? How does acupuncture work? Does acupuncture hurt? Learn various acupuncture points, the definition of...
Back Pain: Find Relief, Treat Your Back Pain
Back pain conditions are very common. Learn the truth and get the facts behind myths, remedies, causes and treatment for back...
What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
HIV, or human immunodeficiency virus, causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS. Learn about HIV positive, being HIV...
Related Disease Conditions
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)
Neck pain (cervical pain) may be caused by any number of disorders and diseases. Tenderness is another symptom of neck pain....
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment
Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) usually is caused from bacteria that have spread from the bladder from a UTI (urinary tract...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...
Liver cancer is cancer of the liver cells (hepatocellular carcinoma) or of the ducts in the liver (cholangiocarcinoma). Liver...
Prostatitis (Inflammation of the Prostate Gland)
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. Signs and symptoms of prostatitis include painful or difficulty urinating,...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
Piriformis syndrome may develop if the piriformis muscle spasms and compresses the sciatic nerve. This causes buttock pain that...
Cervical Cancer (Cancer of the Cervix)
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system, a vital part of the body's immune system. Symptoms and signs include...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Pain that originates in the face is referred to as trigeminal neuralgia. This pain may be caused by: an injury, an infection...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) is a painful complication of shingles. Symptoms include severe pain, itchy skin, and possible...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
People who have bladder spasms, the sensation occurs suddenly and often severely. A spasm itself is the sudden, involuntary...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Many Cancer Patients Take Alternative Meds But Don't Tell Their Doctors
- Acupuncture Could Help Ease Menopausal Symptoms
- Acupressure Is Good Medicine for Breast Cancer Survivors
- New Nerve Stimulation Technique Might Relieve Back Pain
- For Pain Relief, Why Not Try Drug-Free Alternatives
- Acupuncture: A New Look at an Ancient Remedy
- Hiccups for a Month? It Can Happen
- Cancer Survival Drops With Complementary Therapy: Study
- No Evidence Acupuncture Boosts Fertility Treatment
- Woman Dies From Bee Sting Acupuncture
- Acupuncture May Ease Pain Tied to Breast Cancer Care
- Many Parents Don't Tell Doctor About 'Complementary' Therapy Use in Kids
- Study Finds Options to Opioid Use After Knee Surgery
- JFK's Long, Silent Struggle With Back Pain
- Consider Acupuncture for Incontinence, Not Certain Infertility Cases
- Yoga Soothes Back Pain in Study
- Acupuncture May Be Effective Painkiller in the ER
- Bill Seeks to Provide Acupuncture to U.S. Veterans
- Yoga, Meditation May Ease Some Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Chiropractors Not Magicians When It Comes to Chronic Back Pain
- Drug No Better Than Placebo for Lower Back, Leg Pain
- Fewer U.S. Kids Overdosing on Opioids
- Try Drug-Free Options First for Low Back Pain, New Guidelines Say
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- For a Colicky Baby, You Might Give Acupuncture a Try
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Certain Parents More Likely to Skip Kids' Flu Shot
- Can Acupuncture Ease Severe Constipation?
- Review Suggests Safe, Effective Ways to Relieve Pain Without Meds
- Acupuncture May Slow Pre-Dementia Memory Loss: Study
- New Guidelines Issued for Cancer Patients' Post-Treatment Pain
- Alternative Medicine Taking Hold Among Americans: Report
- Electroacupuncture Helped Ease Carpal Tunnel in Study
- Many Breast Cancer Patients Try Alternative Medicine First: Study
- Acupuncture May Ease Hot Flashes for Breast Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture May Help Ease Fibromyalgia Pain, Study Finds
- Sham Acupuncture Equals Real Acupuncture for Hot Flashes: Study
- Acupuncture May Ease Neck Pain Over Long Term
- Acupuncture Might Help Ease High Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture Best for Hot Flashes in Breast Cancer Survivors: Study
- 25 Million U.S. Adults Struggle With Daily Pain
- Many Don't Tell Docs About Using Alternative Therapies for Pain
- Steroids No Better for Sciatica Pain Than Placebo, Study Finds
- Belief in Acupuncture Key to Effect on Back Pain, Study Suggests
- Acupuncture Less Effective for Skeptics
- Acupuncture, Exercise May Ease Pain for Breast Cancer Patients
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
- Acupuncture May Not Help Chronic Knee Pain, Study Finds
- Bee-Venom Acupuncture Shows Promise in Parkinson's
- Making Acupuncture Even Safer
- A Guide to Smoking-Cessation Options
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Acupuncture No Better Than 'Sham' Version in Breast-Cancer Drug Study
- Ear Acupuncture May Hold Promise for Weight Loss
- Exercise, Alternative Therapies May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture May Help Ease Hay Fever
- U.S. Vets With Gulf War Syndrome Need Individualized Treatment: Report
- Great American Smokeout Is Thursday
- Acupuncture Might Ease Fatigue Linked to Breast Cancer
- Common Antidepressants Too Risky During Pregnancy, Researchers Say
- Can Cranberries Fight Urinary Tract Infections?
- Acupuncture Pain Relief Is Real, Researchers Say
- More Proof That Healthy Habits Fight Disease
- Acupuncture May Be Worth a Shot for COPD
- Bedwetting Misunderstood but Often Treatable
- Alternative Therapies Aren't Used as Substitutes for Asthma Meds: Study
- Alternative Medicine May Help Ease Chronic Sinusitis
- Acupuncture May Boost Pregnancy Success Rates
- Acupuncture May Be Effective for Migraines
- Study: Music Can Ease Pain
- Acupuncture Might Ease Chemotherapy Pain
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- Asthma Study Shows Placebo Can Help Symptoms
- 'Placebo Effect' May Be Common in Headache Treatment
- New Debate on Link Between Stress, Infertility
- Acupuncture May Help Lazy Eye
- Acupuncture Puts Nervous Dental Patients at Ease
- Talk Therapy May Treat Low Back Pain
- Acupuncture Eases Depression in Pregnancy