The Achilles tendon is the body's largest and strongest tendon. Repeated stress is the usual cause of a ruptured Achilles tendon. Surgery is the typical treatment for a torn Achilles tendon. Read more: Achilles Tendon Rupture Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Foot Anatomy Detail
The end of the leg on which a person normally stands and walks. See a picture of Foot Anatomy Detail and learn more about the...
Picture of Foot
The end of the leg on which a person normally stands and walks. See a picture of Foot Anatomy and learn more about the health...
Common Causes of Foot Pain
Learn about common causes of foot pain such as bunions, corns, athlete's foot, plantar warts and more. Get the latest information...
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
IMAGESSee a medical illustration of the foot plus our entire medical gallery of human anatomy and physiology See Images
Related Disease Conditions
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: What Could Be Behind Achilles Tendinitis
- How Doctors Decide to Treat a Ruptured Achilles
- Doctors Often Flub Achilles Tendon Diagnosis, Review Finds
- Achilles Tendon Can Handle Downhill Running: Study
- Surgery May Not Be Needed for Ruptured Achilles Tendon
- Health Tip: Understanding Achilles Tendonitis
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter