8 health benefits
- Boosts brain health: Several studies on rats and other animals have indicated that regular administration of blue butterfly pea extracts boosts the levels of a chemical called acetylcholine in their brain. Acetylcholine is essential for good brain health. High acetylcholine levels in the brain are known to decrease age-associated memory loss and improve memory. Consumption of blue butterfly pea can improve thinking abilities and boost overall brain health.
- Fights against cancers: Butterfly pea plants contain substances that have anticancer properties. Consuming blue butterfly pea tea may have some role in fighting cancers. It enters the cancer cells and inhibits their growth.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Consumption of blue butterfly pea tea can reduce swelling in the body. It can reduce body pain, migraine, and swelling due to wounds and headaches.
- Lowers blood pressure: Consumption of butterfly pea flower tea can help reduce blood pressure. Individuals with elevated blood pressure (hypertension) could consume this.
- Improves skin health: Blue butterfly pea is rich in antioxidants. It can slow down the skin aging process, prevent premature aging, and improve overall skin tone and texture.
- Improves hair health: Butterfly pea nourishes hair follicles, promotes hair growth, reduces hair fall, and slows down the greying of hair. Butterfly pea is also used as an ingredient in many hair shampoos, conditioners, and other hair products.
- Helps in digestion: The antioxidants in blue butterfly pea tea can help relax the stomach muscles, aiding digestion. It also has anthelminthic property; it helps prevent the growth of worms in the gut.
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels: Butterfly pea flower tea can help regulate the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, thus regulating blood sugar levels. The tea can be beneficial to diabetic patients if taken along with the medications.
Butterfly flower power tea has several health benefits. Consuming this tea regularly can improve the overall health of the brain, skin, hair, and body. However, it may not completely cure a medical condition. Serious medical conditions, such as cancer, Alzheimer’s, dementia, diabetes, hypertension, or serious skin and/or hair problems, require medical attention. If you are undergoing medical treatment for a particular medical condition, you may consult with your doctor if you can take butterfly pea flower tear alongside the medical treatment. Butterfly flower power tea is found to be safe in pregnant women as well. However, consult with your doctor before drinking the tea during pregnancy.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top 8 Health Benefits of Blue Clitoria Ternate Related Articles
Top Cancer-Fighting FoodsExperts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help reduce your risk of developing cancer.
Do Detox Teas Really Work?The body has a natural detoxification system that eliminates toxins and harmful compounds. Hence, detoxing tea is ineffective and unnecessary for weight loss and detoxification. There hasn’t been any evidence regarding detox teas that these would flush toxins out of the body.
Fat-Fighting FoodsLearn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising facts about how they may fight fat.
Tea QuizAre all teas created equal? Take this quiz to learn what drinking tea does to the body, and how it can provide health benefits against certain diseases and conditions.
What Is the Best Tea for Detoxing?Green tea seems to be the best tea for detoxing due to its antioxidant properties. Green tea is manufactured by withering, steaming, or pan firing, drying and grading the young tea leaves. Unlike black tea or oolong tea, green tea does not undergo fermentation.