There are various childbirth delivery methods and types such as:
- The Lamaze Method
- The Bradley Method
- Water birth
- Assisted births
Options for where a woman can deliver her baby include:
- Home birth
- Birthing center
The method and type of labor and delivery options should be discussed with a woman's doctor.Read more: Childbirth Delivery Methods and Types Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pregnancy Myths and Facts Quiz: Test Your Pregnancy IQ
Being pregnant is a delicate time for both mother and baby. Take this quiz to separate the myths and facts about being pregnant,...
Stages of Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester Images
See pictures on the various stages of pregnancy. See and learn what changes a woman's body goes through and view fetal images of...
What Not to Eat When Pregnant Pictures: Alcohol, Fish, Fruit Juice, Sushi
Do you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip,...
Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy workouts explained. Discover the best safe pregnancy exercises for your workout. Exercise during pregnancy is an...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
IMAGESSee pictures of a growing fetus through the 3 stages of pregnancy See Images
Related Disease Conditions
Care Before and During Pregnancy--Prenatal Care
Second Source article from Government...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Pregnancy Diet (Menu Plans)
When a woman is pregnant she needs more vitamins, minerals, and other foods in her diet to stay healthy and deliver a healthy...
Pain Relief Options for Childbirth
Women experience and tolerate pain differently. For some pregnant women, focused breathing is all they need to get through labor...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Breastfeeding: Common Breastfeeding Challenges
Breastfeeding an infant can cause common challenges both for the mother an infant. Some challenges include sore nipples, low milk...
Braxton Hicks vs. True Labor Contractions (Differences and Similarities)
Many pregnant women often mistake Braxton Hicks contractions (false labor) for real labor contractions, especially if is your...
Bleeding During Pregnancy (First Trimester)
Bleeding during pregnancy is never normal. Causes of bleeding during the first trimester of a pregnancy may be caused by...
Doula vs. Midwife (Differences between Care, Costs, & Duties)
A midwife and doula are not the same thing. A doula's job is to provide non-medical, emotional, and personal support to a...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Pregnancy
Multiple sclerosis or MS is a central nervous system disease in which the immune system attacks the myelin sheath (the protective...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Push-Button Pain Meds Curb Need for Opioids After C-Section: Study
- C-Section Rates Have Nearly Doubled Since 2000: Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery Linked to Fewer Delivery Complications
- Early Pushing in Childbirth Won't Hurt Mom or Baby, Study Finds
- Elective Labor Induction May Cut C-Section Risk
- New Drug Could Save Many New Mothers and Babies: WHO
- Most First-Time Moms Say Labor Pains Were Manageable
- More Risk of Complications If Vaginal Birth Follows Prior C-Section: Study
- Serena Williams Shares Childbirth Ordeal
- Childbirth Deaths Declining in U.S., New Report Finds
- Ban on Teflon Chemical Leads to Fewer Low-Weight Births in U.S.
- Breathing Trouble May Follow Preemies to Adulthood
- Texas Hospital Reports First U.S. Baby Born After Womb Transplant
- Do Weekend Deliveries Pose Risks for Moms?
- Delay in Clamping Umbilical Cord Benefits Babies, Doctors Say
- C-Sections May Be Causing Evolutionary Changes
- 'Laughing Gas' May Not Ease Pain During Childbirth: Study
- 2nd Antibiotic Halves C-Section Infection Rate: Study
- Success of 'Cervical Stitch' May Depend on the Thread: Study