- What other names is 7-keto-dhea known by?
- What is 7-keto-dhea?
- How does 7-keto-dhea work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for 7-keto-dhea.
androgen and estrogen. Taking 7-keto-DHEA by mouth or applying it to the skin does not increase the level of steroid hormones in the blood.
People take 7-keto-DHEA to speed up the metabolism and heat production to promote weight loss. 7-keto-DHEA is also used to improve lean body mass and build muscle, increase the activity of the thyroid gland, boost the immune system, enhance memory, and slow aging.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Promoting weight loss. Developing research suggests that 7-keto-DHEA might significantly help obese women lose weight and fat.
- Improving lean body mass.
- Building muscle.
- Increasing activity of the thyroid gland.
- Boosting the immune system.
- Enhancing memory.
- Reducing signs of aging.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Quick GuideVitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of 7-keto-DHEA during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.