Gaining weight is simple for most individuals, but it is difficult for some. It is especially difficult if you have an ectomorph body type or a rapid metabolism. Ectomorphs cannot gain weight no matter what they do.
Gaining weight may also be a goal for people with underlying medical conditions, such as cancer.
What is the best way to gain weight?
The best and safest options for natural weight growth would be increased protein consumption and including various whole grains, fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices in your diet.
- Eating nutritious foods is considered the best approach to boost calorie intake. However, in certain cases, these attempts may just not be effective.
- Exercise and nutrition can help you fight diseases and delay the aging process. Combining resistance activities with a balanced diet may allow you to gain weight safely.
While eating a balanced diet with adequate carbs, protein, and fats is still the most crucial step, many supplements suggested in this article are highly valuable in gaining weight safely and successfully.
If you find it difficult to gain or maintain a healthy weight, consult your doctor for proper guidance.
9 best supplements for gaining weight
- Protein supplements
- Proteins are the building components of muscular tissue. A high-quality protein supplement promotes weight gain by providing your body with the building blocks it needs for development.
- Protein supplements, such as protein shakes or bars, can be especially an efficient approach to increase protein consumption if you are not receiving enough of the nutrient through diet.
- In general, you should obtain at least 30 to 35 percent of your calories from protein. Going above this will throw your nutrition out of balance because it will result in insufficient consumption of other nutrients.
- The method of consumption will influence the outcome. Ensure your overall calorie intake is substantial to encourage weight gain along with protein supplements.
- A weight gain supplement provides your body with a high-energy precursor that helps produce adenosine triphosphate during strenuous physical exercise. It enables rapid muscular development by empowering muscle activity.
- Creatine is a natural chemical substance present in body cells, primarily muscles, and the brain. Creatine, a kind of amino acid, is mostly acquired from shellfish and red meat, and a small amount is produced by the liver, pancreas, and kidney.
- For many people, creatine-rich food consumption is not an option, thus creatine supplements are popular and useful, especially if you exercise.
- Creatine is essential for exercise performance and energy generation, and studies suggest that supplementation can lead to improved muscle performance and weight gain.
- Most nutritionists recommend creatine monohydrate because it is the most thoroughly researched kind of creatine.
- Fish oil
- Fish oil is usually obtained from fatty fish; they are considered good fats due to their omega-3 fatty acid content.
- Fish oil supplements are fat and can help you gain weight while improving your cardiovascular health.
- Fish oil pills may not be effective for weight gain until calorie intake is increased sufficiently.
- Weight gainers
- They are essentially calorie-dense supplements for people who struggle to acquire enough calories through diet
- They provide a quick and straightforward technique to enhance calorie intake without increasing food intake.
- Most weight gainer supplements are heavy in carbohydrates and protein, with some providing over a thousand calories per serving.
- Branched-chain amino acids
- These essential amino acids regenerate and recover muscles. This supplement should be considered if you want to gain weight quickly. However, take this only under the guidance of your doctor.
- Herbal weight gainers
- Some Ayurvedic herbs can be particularly successful at treating malnutrition, nutritional malabsorption, weakened immunity, and other issues that might limit weight gain.
- Although you might incorporate certain Ayurvedic herbs, it would be ideal to talk to your nutritionist about incorporating Ayurvedic appetite stimulants and herbs into your diet.
- Ayurvedic medicines improve digestive health, which can help with nutrient absorption and may result in weight gain.
- Waxy maize supplement
- This supplement promotes rapid glucose digestion to increase insulin levels and saturate muscle glycogen stores.
- These quick-digesting carbohydrates transport proteins and amino acids to muscle tissues. It is easy on the stomach.
- If you feel nauseated after your workout, switch to waxy maize, which can be simply blended with any post-workout smoothie.
- Dextrose monohydrate or fast carb supplements
- Bodybuilders and athletes utilize this simple carbohydrate supplement to cause an insulin surge and replenish glycogen reserves depleted during activity.
- Dextrose monohydrate has a high glycemic index, which means it is quickly absorbed after consumption.
- Dextrose, like all carbohydrates, enters the bloodstream as glucose and is utilized for energy or stored as glycogen or triglycerides in fat cells.
- The resulting insulin response helps deliver glucose, amino acids, protein, and other necessary nutrients to the muscles.
- The best time to take dextrose monohydrate for weight growth is soon after your workout, along with a high-quality protein source. However, consuming simple carbohydrates at other times of the day may not be a good choice.
- Krill oil
- You can obtain calories from krill oil supplements because they are rich in dietary fats.
- This is an excellent supplement to use if you are an ectomorph or want to build muscle.
- Krill oil improves metabolism and provides healthy fats and antioxidants.
3 best vitamin supplements to gain weight
- Vitamin A supplements
- According to studies, vitamin A protects and promotes cell development in the body's organs.
- Vitamin A is commonly found in animal foods, such as meat, fish, and liver.
- Provitamin A or beta-carotene is present in plant sources, such as spinach, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, winter squash, and cantaloupe. Studies suggest that vitamin A may help you gain weight.
- Vitamin B supplements
- B vitamins are required to stimulate hunger and food consumption, resulting in increased weight.
- They help with metabolism, including energy generation and nutrient utilization.
- Vitamin D supplements
- Vitamin D might help you gain weight. Vitamin D absorption improves bone mass. Several studies have demonstrated that vitamin D plays an important role in weight control and overall health.
- This vitamin boosts the body's ability to absorb calcium, which raises bone weight and leads to weight gain, particularly lean body mass.
Latest Health News
- Healthy Living Boosts Life Span, Even for Former Smokers
- AHA News: For This Race Car Driver, Curing a Racing Heart Was Key to Crossing the Finish Line
- Money, Good Info Can't Undo Resistance to COVID Vaccine: Study
- U.S. Suicide Rates Rose in 2021, Reversing 2 Years of Decline
- After Ian's Destruction: How to Safely Enter, Clean Flood-Damaged Homes
- More Health News »
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Workout Supplements. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/workout-supplements/
Excess vitamin intake: An unrecognized risk factor for obesity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3932423/
Top 12 Best Supplements to Gain Weight Related Articles
Can Hormonal Imbalance Cause Weight Gain?Hormonal imbalance is a common issue that affects many people. Learn the signs of hormonal imbalance, how it can cause weight gain and other symptoms, how doctors diagnose it, and what you can do to treat it.
Do Rice Cakes Make You Gain Weight?It is possible that rice cakes may make you gain weight. This is especially true if you eat several at a time and top them with unhealthy things. Rice cakes digest quickly since they are devoid of a significant amount of fiber. The spike in blood sugar and insulin levels after ingestion of rice may cause weight gain.
Does Oatmeal Make You Gain Weight?Oatmeal is a porridge made from oats that is often eaten for breakfast. Whether or not oatmeal makes you gain weight depends largely on how you prepare it.
Does Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Cause Weight Gain or Loss?Hormone replacement therapy can help with the symptoms of menopause. Learn more about the potential effects, including how it might impact weight loss or weight gain.
Medical Conditions That Can Cause Weight GainCould a medical condition be the reason for your recent weight gain? Find out some possible causes and how best to manage them.
What Can I Use to Gain Weight Fast?Weight gain or ‘putting on’ body weight should be done healthily and safely. Bodyweight can increase when there is an increase in muscle mass, fat deposits, or accumulation of excess body fluids. There is no fast way to gain weight. Weight gain takes time, and it should be resorted to without taking shortcuts like binging on junk food.
Which Medications Cause the Most Weight Gain?Weight loss eludes you despite you eating right and exercising daily. Medications that may be associated with weight gain include antidepressants, steroids, diabetes medications, mood stabilizers, blood pressure medications, seizure medications, migraine medications, antiretroviral medications, contraceptives and others.
Why Do I Only Gain Weight in My Stomach and Back?Weight gain around your stomach and back may be the result of certain lifestyle decisions, as well as the following other causes.