Patient Comments: Stroke Symptoms and Signs - Symptoms

Please share your experience with stroke. It may help others. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: DEB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I did not know I was having small strokes. I was lying in bed asleep, woke-up in the morning, felt funny, anxious, cold and clammy sweat, left arm was achy and my heart was feeling a dull sensation. I rode it out, please never do what I did. Call 911. I could have saved my sight in my right eye. I am 3/4 blind, with affected optic nerve.

Comment from: mistressgrace, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I had no symptoms of stroke. My husband took me to the emergency room. The doctor on duty said I may have had a stroke. I had a CT scan done and yes, I had had 4 of them. I never knew. I was in the hospital 5 days, and the doctors couldn't say for sure what happened. I was released. I had a loop recorder put in. I have high blood pressure (BP), high cholesterol, and mild sleep apnea. I am on BP medications now and my doctor is very pleased with my recovery. I was 47 years old when I was diagnosed. I drive limited distances. I am normal. My husband has been my caregiver. He does an amazing job taking care of me. So do my cats.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter