Zinc Lozenges As A Cold Remedy Index
Zinc is a natural mineral found in the cells of the body. Zinc is also found naturally in beef, red meats, nuts, seeds, beans, milk, cheese and shellfish. There has been wide controversy in regard to the effect of zinc on the common cold. Some studies suggest it is beneficial to help the common cold, while others cannot find a direct link.
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Cold, Flu, Allergy Treatments Article
- Facts about cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- Introduction to cold, flu, and allergy treatments
- What are the differences between allergy, cold, and flu symptoms?
- What are the different types of medications for headaches, body aches, fever, and flu-like symptoms?
- Nasal congestion, sneezing, and runny nose
- Sore throat and other symptoms
- What about vitamin C and zinc?
- What are some important considerations for the safe use of OTC products?
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...learn more »
In This Article
Flu (Influenza) Article
- Flu (influenza, conventional, H1N1, H3N2, and bird flu [H5N1]) facts
- What is flu (influenza)?
- When does flu season begin and end?
- Flu vs. cold
- What are the causes of the flu (influenza)?
- What are flu (influenza) symptoms in adults and in children?
- What is the incubation period for the flu?
- How long is the flu contagious, and how long does the flu last?
- How is the flu (influenza) diagnosed?
- How does flu spread?
- What is the key to flu (influenza) prevention?
- Are there any flu shot or nasal spray vaccine side effects in adults or in children?
- How effective is the flu vaccine?
- Why should the flu (influenza) vaccine be taken every year?
- What are some flu treatments an individual can do at home (home
- What types of doctors treat the flu?
- What can people eat when they have the flu?
- When should a person go to the emergency department for the flu?
- Who should receive the flu vaccine, and who has the highest risk factors? When should someone get the flu shot?
- What is the prognosis for patients who get the flu? What are possible complications of the flu?
- Can the flu be deadly?
- What is the bird (avian) flu?
- Do antiviral agents protect people from the flu?
- What medications treat the flu?
- Is it safe to get a flu shot that contains thimerosal?
- Where can people find additional information about the flu?