Patient Comments: Yeast Infection - Causes

For women: What do you believe was the cause of yeast infection for you?

Comment from: Maria888, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I was prescribed clindamycin for a tooth infection and received a yeast infection as a surprise. I haven't had one for almost 20 years.

Comment from: yannah123, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I have vaginal yeast infection since August 2016. I am so worried about my health. I am worried about it because I would like to have a baby in the future.

Comment from: Rhona, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

Usually when I eat too much sugary foods I get a yeast infection. I have one now and I ate too much honey and bananas the past few days! Like to kick myself for that! :)

Comment from: Ouch, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I used to love taking baths, but the doctor told me this might provoke my yeast infections so now I'm back to showers only.

Comment from: nd, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 27

I'm taking amoxicillin for dental abscess. I traded one problem for another.

Vaginal Yeast Infection - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you found effective in soothing symptoms of vaginal yeast infection?
Vaginal Yeast Infection - OTC Medications Question: What OTC medications have you found effective in treating a vaginal yeast infection?
Vaginal Yeast Infection - Prescription Medications Question: What prescription medications were effective in treating your vaginal yeast infection?
Yeast Infection - Symptoms Question: Women: What were your symptoms associated with a yeast infection?
Yeast Infection - Prevention Question: What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a yeast infection?
Yeast Infection - Causes In Men Question: For men: Did you have a yeast infection? If so, what was the cause?