Patient Comments: Vaginal Yeast Infection - OTC Medications

What OTC medications have you found effective in treating a vaginal yeast infection?

Comment from: gladys, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I am tired of treating this STD called candidiasis for the past 10 years. I have visited the hospital, taken drugs like fluconazole, Gyno-Daktarin pessaries, doxycycline, Flagyl, Funbact-A, Amoxil, clotrimazole, etc., but to no avail. I had to throw all my underwear and get new ones and strictly keep to hygiene, but no way. I was later advice by my doctor that this type of candidiasis is very difficult to treat, i should go and get a natural yoghurt that has not been processed and douche with it, but it has not been easy for me to get the yoghurt. I am tired of this candidiasis.

Comment from: mrs6818, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I used a one-dose OTC yeast treatment and experienced extreme burning and am dealing with resultant tenderness 8 months later.

Comment from: Sara, 45-54 Female Published: September 13

I am using metronidazole gel (Flagyl).

Comment from: CBB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

With my yeast infections, I experience vaginal itching and then severe irritation. When I treat it with the 3-day, over-the-counter Monostat, it gets better. I have had two in one month, and I experience painful intercourse after treatment.

Vaginal Yeast Infection - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you found effective in soothing a vaginal yeast infection?
Vaginal Yeast Infection - Prescription Medications Question: What prescription medications were effective in treating your vaginal yeast infection?
Yeast Infection - Symptoms in Men Question: Have you contracted a yeast infection from a female sexual partner? If so, what were the symptoms?
Yeast Infection - Treatment in Men Question: What treatments were effective in treating yeast infection?