Patient Comments: Women's Health - Menopause Symptoms

What were your first symptoms and signs of menopause? Which symptoms were/have been the most challenging?

Comment from: mother of 5, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I am 46 years old. I have not gotten my monthly periods for the last 3 months. I did a pregnancy test and tested negative. This has occurred for the second time now. My biggest worry is, if I can get pregnant under menopause condition. I am married and use calendar system as pregnancy control.

Comment from: Confused, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I am a 50 year women that goes 6 to 9 months without having a period, then gets a light one barely spotting. Also, instead of the decrease in libido, I have an increase. This last time I went almost the full year without a period.

Menstruation - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience during your menstrual period? How do you relieve your worst symptoms?
Pregnancy - Symptoms Question: What were the first changes you noticed in your body early in your pregnancy?