Patient Comments: Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Symptoms

What are the symptoms of your Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome?

Comment from: Ellla., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I would like to give hope to any one with MRSA. I was diagnosed two years ago of having MRSA in my buttock. The wound was the size of an orange and I was in terrible pain. To cut a long story short I was put anti-fungal capsules and strong antibiotics, for a course of three weeks. I had three three-weekly courses and bingo, it's all gone. Now a year later it's fine.

Comment from: Jani, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

My first SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) was in the summer of 2009. I was sitting quietly talking on the phone to a friend when I suddenly felt faint. I held on to the table to support myself. After a bit, I tried to stand but I was very dizzy. I felt tightness and pressure in the front of my neck that radiated up into my jaw and up to my cheekbones. An ambulance was called and when an SVT was diagnosed en route to the hospital, the paramedics called the emergency room doctor for permission to give me the drug adenosine to stop my heart for a few seconds. My heart rate slowed from 190 to 130. I was immediately put on a beta blocker. The cardiologist diagnosed Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. I started wearing a watch with a pulse monitor. It makes me feel secure when I feel my heart speeding up, to check my pulse rate. I avoid caffeine and stress. I have had three more SVTs when in stressful situations. The symptoms are the same each time. I have been considering an ablation.

Comment from: wadehool, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I've had (WPW) Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome for 35 years and until recently it went undiagnosed. The episodes varied in duration, topping out at 11 straight hours. The symptoms are almost unbearable. I've passed out numerous times. My condition was finally discovered, and my heart doctor performed ablation surgery on my heart. It turned out that I had WPW and superventricular tachycardia. After having catheters run through both sides of my groin, the doctor was able to pinpoint and eliminate the trouble spots in my heart. Two days after surgery, I feel like a million bucks. My doctor thinks that I will never have another episode, and I don't even need to take any medication anymore. Amazing doctor and procedure!

Comment from: Bolle1974, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 05

My son, aged 13, was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome about a month ago. He doesn't experience any symptoms. The cardiologist said he can live his life as before; which is great news. He decided to do research on WPW syndrome for his science expo project and would love to talk to other WPW patients about their experience living with WPW.

Comment from: WPW, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I've had Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW) for most of my life. I had a partial ablation last year. Now about 6 months after, today, I had a 170-190 heart beat for about 15 minutes. Not sure what that's about. I did alert my doctor.

Comment from: shellmac, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

Since finding out I have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome my life has been an emotional wreck. I'm scared and hate that I have this. Perhaps I am crazy for feeling like this. I worry a lot about it and I'm scared to try the ablation. I'm on medication and so far so good. I'm exhausted and still so depressed over this.

Comment from: Candy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

With Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome symptoms, I would feel the rapid heart beat and if it continued for any length of time-half an hour or longer-my chest would begin to ache. No other symptoms ever occurred with the episodes and I was able, 99% of the time, to convert it by standing on my head.

Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Share Your Experience Question: Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Treatment Question: What treatment did you have for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome? Was it successful?
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - ECG Question: Did you ever have an ECG while you were suffering acute symptoms of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?