Patient Comments: Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Treatment

What treatment did you have for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome? Was it successful?

Comment from: KR ablation gone bad, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I recently had an ablation procedure for my WPW (Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome) that has not given me the results I was hoping for. The channel was behind my heart and difficult to get to. To make it worse, the anesthesia given didn"t work so I had 4 people holding down a 95 lb. woman as they shocked my heart into the irregular arrhythmia 3 different times. I have not had a single day I have felt good since and it"s been 3 months. Since then I have developed high blood pressure (sometimes 195/115 with a pulse of 144). I still have the bouts of a racing heart daily, but have started incurring stroke like symptoms and had 3 small seizures. My emergency physician (EP) says I may have another channel that was missed but decided not to address my blood pressure, so I went to a non EP and took matters into my own hands. Still no one seems to want to address the numbness in my arm and mouth that have happened or the seizures. I don"t want to have another procedure due to my 1st experience and the after effects I am dealing with that may or not be related.

Comment from: Hopeful mom, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 22

My 14 year old son just had ablation for the second time. He was diagnosed with WPW (Wolff-Parkinson-White) when he was 7 years old. The first ablation was not successful as the pathway was too close to the aorta which was very dangerous. Now, 5 years later, the pathway has moved laterally so emergency physician was able to ablate. We are hopeful that this treatment is successful. WPW so far has not shown up on EKG (electrocardiography).

Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What are the symptoms of your Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome?
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Share Your Experience Question: Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - ECG Question: Did you ever have an ECG while you were suffering acute symptoms of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?