Patient Comments: Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Share Your Experience

Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

Comment from: me, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I was diagnosed with WPW. I had an ablation and have not looked back. I have never felt better. I was 55 at the time.

Comment from: PhdMommy, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 24

When she was 18 months old, our daughter had circulation issues with her lips and hands turning blue. When we had this examined further, the ER found nothing. However, as it continued to occur, we followed up with a cardiologist who within five minutes looked at the hospital's EKG and saw the WPW indicators. Since she is still so young, we have an event monitor with her at all times to make a quick recording if she appears to be in pain, short of breath, etc.

Comment from: Karen.bryan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

In 2011 I was diagnosed with WPW in the ER. At the time, I was so dizzy and feeling like I was going to pass out, that my sons took me to the ER. It was there that they discovered the WPW. I went to a heart doctor, and they had to do four ablations. Since then, I have not had any problems. I was released this year by the heart doctor. I don't need to go back unless I start having trouble again. I was 50 when they found it. I could never play sports in school because I felt like I couldn't breathe right and it made me extremely tired. Now I know what it was.

Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What are the symptoms of your Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome?
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Treatment Question: What treatment did you have for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome? Was it successful?
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - ECG Question: Did you ever have an ECG while you were suffering acute symptoms of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?