Patient Comments: Wisdom Teeth - Removal Complications

Please share your experience with wisdom teeth removal.

Comment from: Jim-in-Creedmoor, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I was apprehensive about my wisdom teeth removal. At age 61 I developed a cavity which my normal dentist did not notice. When I changed dentists, I was told my #1 wisdom tooth was decayed and needed to be extracted. I delayed having it done, but it was painless, quick, relatively cheap at $227 and quite the non-issue. I now have my 28 non-wisdom and not a cavity or repair in any of them.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

This has been a horrible experience. I had 2 wisdom teeth removed, and had dry socket the next day. Follow all of the instructions after the surgery to avoid this. Read all of the information that is given to you. It is very painful, don"t risk it. Good luck.

Comment from: Harwell, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. It is now Tuesday and I am still in pain. I followed all the rules and guidelines to take care of the surgical sites and I still got an infection and my face was swollen until Sunday. I also got a dry socket in one of the holes, but today I am finally feeling better. My entire jawline is still very sore and bruised.

Wisdom Teeth - Recovery Question: How was your recovery after wisdom teeth extraction?
Wisdom Teeth - Pain Question: Did your wisdom teeth or removal of your wisdom teeth cause pain?
Wisdom Teeth - Cost Question: How much did it cost to get your wisdom teeth removed? Did your insurance cover it?