What other names is Wine known by?
Alcohol, Alcool, Ethanol, Éthanol, Extrait de Vin, Red Wine, Vin, Vin Rouge, Vino, Vitis vinifera, Wine Extract.
What is Wine?
Wine is an alcoholic beverage prepared by fermenting grapes.
Likely Effective for...
- Preventing cardiovascular (heart and blood circulation) diseases, such as heart attack, stroke, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and angina (heart pain).
- Reducing the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease and other causes.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing the risk of heart attack and other cardiovascular (heart and blood circulation) problems.
- Reducing the risk of diabetes
- Reducing the risk of stroke.
- Reducing the risk of mental decline.
- Preventing ulcers caused by the bacteria H. pylori.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).