Patient Comments: Whiplash - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your whiplash?

Comment from: Rayh, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I drive a large truck, I recently started driving this particular truck. I have been driving for 20 years, I'm 51. My original truck has been in the mechanic shop so I have been driving this loaner for 3 months. My neck, shoulders and upper back are in so much pain. The seat on my loaner truck is an air pressurized seat, but the seat is not working, so it's basically a big problem. Every time I drive which is 24/7 I feel I'm on a bucking horse. I have no control on the seat. I was just wondering if my situation may be a sign of whiplash.

Comment from: olie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I cut my nail while slicing food. A week has passed and the nail is thin in this area and the cut has spread out and now seems to be infected.

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I had numbing in my left arm when I would turn my head to the left. I was rear ended at a stop light approximately four months earlier, which caused whiplash. Numbness went on for two years then I decided to have it checked out only to find out from an MRI that I have a bone spur lying on the nerve in my neck. I am now in severe pain so bad I could take myself out. No medications have helped. I'm a diabetic and can't have cortisone. My doctor says the only relief I can get is to remove the bone and replace it with screws. Never thought I would beg for surgery, but that's exactly what I've been doing.

Comment from: MARTHA, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I fell outside on the ice and fell back and banged the back of my head on the walkway/ice. I went to the emergency room by ambulance and they said I had whiplash but no broken bones. I had head pain, neck pain, shoulder pain and right side of jaw pain. It has been 5 days now and the pain is just about gone but I am still taking it easy until my doctor appointment in one week.

Comment from: Sorceror, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

I was involved in a T bar collision after a driver failed to give way crossing a 3 lane main road. Initially I thought I was okay as I could move about without any pain. I was shaken and the body flooded with adrenaline that day and I later developed a bad headache. The following day my entire body was sore and stiff and I have had headaches ever since the accident. My neck is still sore and stiff. My back however has recovered faster than I initially thought it would. It has been 3 weeks since my accident, and I still get daily headaches. I am seeing a physiotherapist who says I suffered whiplash. I only thought whiplash occurred from rear-enders but that apparently is not so. Physiotherapy has helped my lower back recover quickly but has not been able to do much for my neck pain and headaches. The physiotherapist said that it is still a little too touchy for him to do a lot of work with the neck, but eventually he will be able to massages deeper into it. But it will take time.

Comment from: Just Me, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 21

I work at a mental health facility. A patient became angry and attacked me, hitting me on the top of my head. I have had shoulder stiffness; headaches; and pain in my neck, left arm, and shoulder. X-rays showed that I have degenerative disc disease. But I never had a problem until I was hit in the head and back. I feel my injuries aren't being treated properly. I've since started seeking the help from another doctor for a second opinion. My neck is stiff. I also have upper and lower back pain. I seem to run out of energy easily.

Comment from: Allana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

Hi I was in a rear-end Collision on Mar8/11. I was sitting in the passenger side, then we got stuck by another car. The person car was totaled, and it was a 70km speed. We were at an intersection, and stopped there. Then the car hit us so hard. I have whiplash, and have a lot of pain in my neck. Also I have Migraines a lot. I never had migraines before, and now I get them at least now 2 or 3 in a one week at a time. At first it was like once a month, and now I can't deal with all the pain. My Doctor wants me to see a Neurologist as soon as possible. Can you explain this to me, and why. This is the only accident I was ever in. Please reply back to me.

Whiplash - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your whiplash?
Whiplash - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with whiplash.