Patient Comments: Whiplash - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your whiplash?

Comment from: Sorceror, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

I was involved in a T bar collision after a driver failed to give way crossing a 3 lane main road. Initially I thought I was okay as I could move about without any pain. I was shaken and the body flooded with adrenaline that day and I later developed a bad headache. The following day my entire body was sore and stiff and I have had headaches ever since the accident. My neck is still sore and stiff. My back however has recovered faster than I initially thought it would. It has been 3 weeks since my accident, and I still get daily headaches. I am seeing a physiotherapist who says I suffered whiplash. I only thought whiplash occurred from rear-enders but that apparently is not so. Physiotherapy has helped my lower back recover quickly but has not been able to do much for my neck pain and headaches. The physiotherapist said that it is still a little too touchy for him to do a lot of work with the neck, but eventually he will be able to massages deeper into it. But it will take time.

Comment from: Just Me, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 21

I work at a mental health facility. A patient became angry and attacked me, hitting me on the top of my head. I have had shoulder stiffness; headaches; and pain in my neck, left arm, and shoulder. X-rays showed that I have degenerative disc disease. But I never had a problem until I was hit in the head and back. I feel my injuries aren't being treated properly. I've since started seeking the help from another doctor for a second opinion. My neck is stiff. I also have upper and lower back pain. I seem to run out of energy easily.

Comment from: Allana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

Hi I was in a rear-end Collision on Mar8/11. I was sitting in the passenger side, then we got stuck by another car. The person car was totaled, and it was a 70km speed. We were at an intersection, and stopped there. Then the car hit us so hard. I have whiplash, and have a lot of pain in my neck. Also I have Migraines a lot. I never had migraines before, and now I get them at least now 2 or 3 in a one week at a time. At first it was like once a month, and now I can't deal with all the pain. My Doctor wants me to see a Neurologist as soon as possible. Can you explain this to me, and why. This is the only accident I was ever in. Please reply back to me.

Comment from: collier32, 13-18 Female Published: February 18

Since my incident I have been having neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches, and some back pain. I work at UPS and I'm hoping it won't affect my work. But how bad my pain is I hope I don't have to go on disability

Comment from: beena, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I am a 33 yrs. old working lady. Last week I had a head bang as a hard object fell on me. After 1 week my neck became stiff and feels heavy. Also i have started getting backache in the lower back. I hit my forehead only. There was a small cut on my forehead, but its now subsided and healed. I am a very healthy and active lady with no disease or problem.my right arm has also stared paining. I showed the doctor. X-ray of skull was taken. It's absolutely fine. No problem was found. I also have a sort of pressure inside my head.

Comment from: hotrodbob905, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 10

I have a very bad neck with advanced disintegrating discs, arthritis, stenosis and spondylitis. My problems were enough until I hit a car that was going through a red light in a snow storm. I T-boned him and to say the least my whiplash has caused extra problems. I am now dizzy and have ear ringing every day along with the extra pain in my neck and shoulders. I will start message and physio next week. I am a 61 yr old singer. I hope none of the new problems will affect my voice.

Comment from: maj5656, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I was in a wreck in April of this year and I have had neck stiffness, headaches in the back of my head, and so on.

Whiplash - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your whiplash?
Whiplash - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with whiplash.