Patient Comments: Whiplash - Treatments

What was the treatment for your whiplash?

Comment from: Alance, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

For whiplash I was given muscle relaxers and Motrin.

Comment from: victoria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I was rear ended in 2003. The other vehicle was full size dodge pickup. I was sitting at a red light. I have received 30 botox shots in my head 3yrs. I saw a neurologist he was great lots of rehabilitation a lot of meds. I stopped them all but a couple, life's great. I got violently pushed a week ago, now life sucks again, head injuries are very serious.

Comment from: Nurse M, Female (Patient) Published: April 03

After being in an accident on a Friday night, I was told to pack my neck in an ice pack for 72 hours non-stop. I had whiplash damage on both sides and a slight concussion. On Monday morning after the doctor saw me, I started physical therapy for almost two months every other day. Currently, I have no symptoms, and was declared “good to go” after three months. I think it's important to start therapy as early as possible. I got my nursing job five months after the accident and have been symptom-free for eight years and counting. The Doctor advised against a collar, as it only makes neck muscles weaker. A really good physiotherapist can work wonders.

Whiplash - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your whiplash?
Whiplash - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with whiplash.