Patient Comments: West Nile Virus - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, including medication, did you or someone you know receive for West Nile virus?

Comment from: Beethoven, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

My husband and I both contacted West Nile virus 6 years ago. Our lives have since never been the same. It has taken away our immune systems, made us tired and weak, and no one seems to care. The doctors brush it off, the Minister of Health says to contact your doctor so what is one to do? The health officials need to have a West Nile convention featuring West Nile victims. They need to ask how it has affected us years later. How can they do research unless questions are asked? No one has cared since we were reported at the time of getting this most dreadful disease.

Comment from: Leigh, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I was weed whacking and there were a lot of mosquitoes. I developed a fever, body aches and a very bad headache which is still continuing after a week. I was treated in the hospital with saline iv's and pain meds. After 8 days, the head pain is still there.

West Nile Virus - Cause Question: How did you get West Nile virus? Were you traveling when you became ill?
West Nile Virus - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms you experienced with West Nile virus?
West Nile Virus - Community Risk Question: How does your at-risk community help prevent outbreaks of West Nile virus?